★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: *New holiday sale price for a limited time*

4 out of 5 Macworld Arcade classic eats its way onto the iPad

PAC-MAN, the world famous arcade classic, returns in this faithful rendition for your iPad! Play Original, Normal or Easy Mode and guide PAC-MAN with two different control modes. Navigate through the mazes by touching the onscreen controller in Joystick Mode or chomp on dots with the swipe of a finger in Swipe Mode. Munch fruits and other items for big points! Chomp all of the dots to advance to the next stage. Go for high scores and high levels! Gain an extra life at 10,000 points! Gobble blinking Power Pellets to weaken ghosts temporarily and eat them up before they change back. Avoid Blinky, the leader of the ghosts, and his fellow ghosts Pinky, Inky and Clyde, or you will lose a life. Lose all your lives and its game over!

We recommend that you update your device to the latest iOS version before playing. We also recommend that you close the game before downloading the update. To do so, double-tap the home button to display the recent apps bar. Press and hold the Namco application icon until a red minus appears, then tap the minus sign to close the application.

Added support for iCade Bluetooth controller

CHECK OUT THESE OTHER COOL NAMCO GAMES:
- Ms. PAC-MAN for iPad
- Sky Gamblers: Rise of Glory
- Puzzle Quest 2
- Isaac Newton's Gravity 2
- Sky Gamblers: Air Supremacy

Fe1's comments:
Strange that there was no previous thread for this game favourite (I used Search, and other Pac-Man apps showed up, but not this specific one).

Just a heads up, Namco have put this at U$0.99 from its regular U$4.99 price!

09-02-2010, 11:48 PM
Thanks! I've been eyeing this one in the App Store for the past fortnight since I got my iPad but found the AUD$6 price a bit too steep. $1.20 is much better!

09-02-2010, 11:49 PM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
I was in the same boat! I knew this would go down, and 99 cents is absolutely the right "money".

I daresay we'll see lots of these 99 centers this weekend. Woohoo! COME ON GAMELOFT.

Currently Playing: (iPad2) Angry Birds Space HD | MASS EFFECT INFILTRATOR | Hunters 2 | Sky Gamblers: Air Supremacy | Flight Control Rocket | Azkend 2 HD: The World Beneath | rComplex | Zuma's Revenge HD | Rhianna Ford & The DaVinci Letter HD | Zepi:Spring HD | Reiner Knizia's Deck Buster | (iPhone) Doodle God
09-02-2010, 11:51 PM
But for an iPad title that dpad looks ugly Anyone have impressions? I'm not particularly a Pac Man fan but for 99 cents I might get it since its a classic.

FreeAppTracker.com free daily apps, rankings, & contests!
09-02-2010, 11:57 PM
I have this and the swipe scores work well for me.
09-02-2010, 11:58 PM
three control modes:

swipe: swipe in the direction you want to hold the joystick. you've got to move before you reach the corner, but it's how you play pacman if you're pro works great, i've just hit 20,000 points.

joystick: move the joystick in the direction you want to move. for a 4 direction arcade game i'm not a big fan.

accelerometer: tilt the ipad in the direction you want to move. again, i'm not a fan for a 4 direction arcade game.
09-03-2010, 12:01 AM
Thank you BazookaTime and DanteBen! (and welcome to TA DanteBen!)

09-03-2010, 12:05 AM
Cheers

I've been lurking for the past two weeks and you guys seem to be on the ball when it comes to price drops and the best games on the iPad.
09-03-2010, 12:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanteBen View Post
Cheers

I've been lurking for the past two weeks and you guys seem to be on the ball when it comes to price drops and the best games on the iPad.
Well its always awesome to lose a lurker, gain a member!

09-03-2010, 01:13 AM
[EDIT] I take it almost all back! check a few posts down

As a big Pac-Fan (yes I own a arcade game of Pac-Man) I have to say...

I HATE THIS VERSION!

The frame rate is pretty bad... The controls aren't so hot... You can't change any options (Why does it start you with five guys?)... The whole thing just feels sluggish!

I always try to look for a positive so.... The audio is good

Save your four quarters

Flangle Flangle Flangle Play No More!

Last edited by Fafner; 09-03-2010 at 10:18 AM. Reason: update