★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Payback 1.1 Update Released!

03-08-2009, 07:21 PM
Payback 1.1 Update Released!

Ok, Here are the new screenshots for the Payback update. For anyone on the fence...I think this makes it a buy. Just my .02. Notice that the new angled view makes the light poles more visible. You still can't run over them, but you can see them!

Quote:
What's new

+ Much improved mini map
+ Rewind back to the start of the most recent mission at any time
+ Improved camera angle (the old one is still available in the menu if you choose)
+ Built-in instructions
+ Support for different device orientations for more comfortable use on the iPod Touch
+ Much faster health recharge
+ Better looking cop cars, shortened pedestrian leg length
+ Bug fixes
+ Lots of other tweaks
New Camera View:
Click image for larger version

Name:	image12.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	1588

New Camera View (2):

Name:	image18.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	1589

New Icon (as it appears on the iDevice):

Name:	image22.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	1590

I really hope this helps any of you that are still wondering if this is worth the money. If you have any questions...post in this thread or pm me. I am happy to help!

By the way, I am just a user...not a dev nor do I have anything to do with Payback. I have been waiting for this update, and I am finally happy with the game!

I am the managing editor of nodpad.com.

Sporting an iPod Touch 2 Gen

Last edited by salsamd; 03-08-2009 at 08:52 PM. Reason: Added update detalis
03-08-2009, 07:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpb1975 View Post
Sorry if someone else has posted....really.

Why does this update just say "Bug Fixes"... I wonder if they made all the changes promised. Anyone know anything about that?

Thanks!
AWESOME!!! DLing now!

Apps iLove: iBooks, Podcasts, Tweetbot, Reeder, Instapaper, SoundHound, MLS Live
Games iLove: Real Racing 2, Minecraft, Fieldrunners 2, Great Big War Game, FIFA 12
GameCenter: PeterM11

03-08-2009, 07:24 PM
WOOW thank you!!!! no icon!!! sweet! downloading

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchampl View Post
reminds me of that thing that used to piss me off at fairs and carnivals, trying to move the ring on that twisty metal thing. then it would shock you, gotta wonder if that was healthy, i remember my balls having a certain tingle to them after being zapped.
03-08-2009, 07:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesPaul View Post
WOOW thank you!!!! no icon!!! sweet! downloading
new icon? Haha! Yeah...I really like the new icon! Btw, anyone got an answer to why the update description just says "Bug Fixes?"

03-08-2009, 07:29 PM
DETAILS PEOPLE! Is there really a new camera angle? I can't wait to know!
03-08-2009, 07:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩 View Post
DETAILS PEOPLE! Is there really a new camera angle? I can't wait to know!
BIG update....I will let you know once it is done installing....I made the mistake of starting the update on wireless on my iPod. Oooops!

03-08-2009, 07:31 PM
Quote:
new icon? Haha! Yeah...I really like the new icon! Btw, anyone got an answer to why the update description just says "Bug Fixes?"
lol my bad i was really excited, and typing wayy too fast!
there has to be more than just bug fixes.... its such a big download for an update!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchampl View Post
reminds me of that thing that used to piss me off at fairs and carnivals, trying to move the ring on that twisty metal thing. then it would shock you, gotta wonder if that was healthy, i remember my balls having a certain tingle to them after being zapped.
03-08-2009, 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesPaul View Post
lol my bad i was really excited, and typing wayy too fast!
there has to be more than just bug fixes.... its such a big download for an update!
It is my understanding that when you update, you have to redownload the entire game. Isn't that how it works? Please correct me if I am wrong (slim chance)

03-08-2009, 07:36 PM
Quote:
It is my understanding that when you update, you have to redownload the entire game. Isn't that how it works? Please correct me if I am wrong (slim chance)
Im almost positive you are right.

Apps iLove: iBooks, Podcasts, Tweetbot, Reeder, Instapaper, SoundHound, MLS Live
Games iLove: Real Racing 2, Minecraft, Fieldrunners 2, Great Big War Game, FIFA 12
GameCenter: PeterM11
03-08-2009, 07:36 PM
Quote:
That's how I understand it.

Twitter: @Zincous