★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Restoring Data

09-03-2010, 11:31 PM
#1
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 10
Restoring Data

Hi, i'm a new member but long time follower, i was wondering if there was anyway to restore game data for Hookchamp and Super Quickhook, since i just upgraded to the new iphone 4. All of my achievements are still there that i have gotten, just the hats and characters are not there. Any help would be appreciated, thank you!
09-03-2010, 11:32 PM
#2
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 6,272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dongslayer View Post
Hi, i'm a new member but long time follower, i was wondering if there was anyway to restore game data for Hookchamp and Super Quickhook, since i just upgraded to the new iphone 4. All of my achievements are still there that i have gotten, just the hats and characters are not there. Any help would be appreciated, thank you!
When you got the new phone did you restore from your last backup in itunes?

Now Playing: iStunt 2, Monster Trouble, Zombie Runaway, Stylish Sprint, Grim Joggers, Holy Moly Dragons, Fight Night Champion, NBA Jam, Rat On a Skateboard, Puzzle Quest 2, Jungool, Super Stick Golf, Smoody, Gravity Guy.

09-03-2010, 11:34 PM
#3
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 10
i've had my new phone for a while now and just remembered to reinstall hookchamp and SQH, so i dont think i backed it up from my last phone save
09-03-2010, 11:40 PM
#4
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 6,272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dongslayer View Post
i've had my new phone for a while now and just remembered to reinstall hookchamp and SQH, so i dont think i backed it up from my last phone save
ok well then its probably too late. In order to get the save files you need to use the old backup, its possible that its still there if you didn't back up your new one yet. Downloading the app again through the store will just be like getting a fresh game with no play history. The reason why you got the old achievements still is because it was saved through your Openfeint account.

If you ever want any old DLC that you paid for you should be able to download it again for free but thats another issue.

Now Playing: iStunt 2, Monster Trouble, Zombie Runaway, Stylish Sprint, Grim Joggers, Holy Moly Dragons, Fight Night Champion, NBA Jam, Rat On a Skateboard, Puzzle Quest 2, Jungool, Super Stick Golf, Smoody, Gravity Guy.
09-03-2010, 11:55 PM
#5
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 10
If I restored my old backup, which i think i still might have, would the progress that I have made in my new games that aren't included in the old backup be erased?
09-03-2010, 11:58 PM
#6
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 6,272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dongslayer View Post
If I restored my old backup, which i think i still might have, would the progress that I have made in my new games that aren't included in the old backup be erased?
yeah you can only have one or the other.

Now Playing: iStunt 2, Monster Trouble, Zombie Runaway, Stylish Sprint, Grim Joggers, Holy Moly Dragons, Fight Night Champion, NBA Jam, Rat On a Skateboard, Puzzle Quest 2, Jungool, Super Stick Golf, Smoody, Gravity Guy.
09-04-2010, 12:00 AM
#7
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 6,272
if you;re gonna do it make sure you have th old backup first. You may have created a new backup if you ever synced your new phone to itunes and put new games on it that way.

Now Playing: iStunt 2, Monster Trouble, Zombie Runaway, Stylish Sprint, Grim Joggers, Holy Moly Dragons, Fight Night Champion, NBA Jam, Rat On a Skateboard, Puzzle Quest 2, Jungool, Super Stick Golf, Smoody, Gravity Guy.
09-04-2010, 12:11 AM
#8
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 10
Alright i guess i will just play through my old games and try to get to where i was. Thank you for all the help!