★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Word Genie (Brand New!) $0.99 Intro Pricing

09-04-2010, 10:58 AM
Word Genie (Brand New!) $0.99 Intro Pricing

Hello, I am Nick Raptis, an aspiring indie game developer. I am very excited to announce the release of Word Genie, my first iPhone title!

Briefly on the game:

Word Genie is a grid-based word game in which you must complete 'goals' to level up. As you advance, the goals become more difficult and somewhat complex, which keeps it interesting and challenging. There are quite a few meta achievements/medals that can be earned for the completion freaks and/or the bored, I plan on adding more of them on each update as well. One cool feature that was somewhat difficult to code is the magic lamp, which will find the longest (usually) word on the board for you as a hint. There are a few fun/easter egg type things as well, such as the genie remarking when you spell certain 'swear' words. There may be a slight learning curve to the game, but I tried to make it as intuitive as possible and even added a tutorial.

Link: http://itunes.apple.com/app/word-genie/id389062013?mt=8

Suggestions and achievement ideas are always welcome. Please feel free to contact me, admin@froggystudios.com.

Thank you for your time,
09-04-2010, 04:39 PM
Awesome, I have been playing this all day, almost have all the medals!!!

Hot genie lol!
09-05-2010, 12:00 AM
Sweet Bro!

Cooool! I know this guy... awesome app Nick!!!

There's a ton of content for cheap. Bug when I try to rate on the app store, I will try again later... Keep it up!

BTW everyone rub the genie lamp, sweet effect!!!

Last edited by Scribbledoodle; 09-05-2010 at 12:11 AM.
09-09-2010, 09:19 PM
Thanks guys and gals.

As per feedback from some friends, I am adding a 'wildcard' tile which can count as any letter in the next update. I have received a small number of new medal ideas, always welcome more if people have them, trying to add some of those to this next update as well. Less importantly, I will probably change the icon, I hate it! Sorry (slightly) for the gratuitous bump!