★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

SpongeBob Marbles and Slides by Gilded Skull Games

09-04-2010, 07:44 PM
SpongeBob Marbles and Slides by Gilded Skull Games

'SpongeBob SquarePants™ Marbles and Slides' has released for both iPhone and iPad. We will continue to discuss new updates and add-on content in this thread.

(iPhone link: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/spongebob-marbles-slides/id394392302?mt=8 )

Here's a short game description:

Use your finger to paint ‘slides’ and help SpongeBob to roll his marble shaped body through level after level in this drawing-meets-physics puzzle game.

Over fifty levels at launch with new themed packs of levels to be given away for free in monthly updates!

Features include:

- drawing to create slides and paths for the marbles (obviously!)
- tilt the device to get out of sticky situations
- Pinball flippers and bumpers
- The ability to stop time!*
- Vivid art style taken directly from the show
- ‘Collection of Stuff’
- Thrilling see-saw action!
- An amazing Hawaiian ukulele and guitar soundtrack
- Rainbows!

Hazards include:

- The enormous metal ‘Fist of Doom’!
- A stinky urinal
- Evil and toxic Plankton marbles
- Perilous Lasers
- A gigantic, crushing hammer
- Glowing, lethal goo everywhere

...and much, much more!

For both iPhone/iPod Touch and iPad

* in game only

The iPad version:

I've developed all of the game visuals (using a lot of the painted artwork directly from the show) and designed the game with our tech lead, an amazing and talented programmer by the name of Chris Sokol (who's also working on Galactic Keep and Skull Smashers, by the way!).

Follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook for the latest Gilded Skull game information!

Last edited by gildedskull; 01-10-2011 at 05:36 PM.
09-04-2010, 07:48 PM
This looks okay, but I wish someone would get to porting Battle Of Bikini Bottom GBA to the iPhone.

Upcoming Games: CJS2, Racing Apex, High Strangeness, Dino Run, Super Feed Me, Mimeo and the Kleptopus King, Loot, Run Run Dash, Pogo Rampage, Burrito Bison, Star Saver, Pocket Cars, Rock Rider, THEM, Prince of Europa, Epic Dive, One Tap Hero

09-04-2010, 08:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doodlejumper View Post
This looks okay, but I wish someone would get to porting Battle Of Bikini Bottom GBA to the iPhone.
I wish they'd port a lot of GBA games to the iPhone...

I actually worked on SB: Battle for Bikini Bottom (GBA and the other console versions). Back in the day I was an 'interactive designer' for Nickelodeon. The gigantic Sandy boss was cool. I think I still have the GameCube version. That game wasn't half bad.
09-04-2010, 08:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gildedskull View Post

I actually worked on SB: Battle for Bikini Bottom (GBA and the other console versions). Back in the day I was an 'interactive designer' for Nickelodeon. The gigantic Sandy boss was cool. I think I still have the GameCube version. That game wasn't half bad.
Yeah, the Sandy boss was pretty awesome. I had to cheat through part of it though, you made it too hard! That was one of the only really good GBA games ever made besides the Pokemon saga.

Upcoming Games: CJS2, Racing Apex, High Strangeness, Dino Run, Super Feed Me, Mimeo and the Kleptopus King, Loot, Run Run Dash, Pogo Rampage, Burrito Bison, Star Saver, Pocket Cars, Rock Rider, THEM, Prince of Europa, Epic Dive, One Tap Hero
09-04-2010, 08:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doodlejumper View Post
Yeah, the Sandy boss was pretty awesome. I had to cheat through part of it though, you made it too hard! That was one of the only really good GBA games ever made besides the Pokemon saga.
Wow. That's a pretty heavy statement.

Here are two more screens from the iPad version. One is from a level that takes place in the bathroom of the Chum Bucket (hehe). The other is a pinball-style level. There's a good mix of puzzle solving and action in the game.

All the levels that appear in the iPad version will also be available the iPhone version, btw.

Follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook for the latest Gilded Skull game information!
09-04-2010, 08:47 PM
Quote:
Wow. That's a pretty heavy statement.
Are you calling me heavy?

09-04-2010, 09:01 PM
I don't know about that...but ranking 'SpongeBob: Battle for Bikini Bottom GBA' up there with Pokémon? That's a pretty grand statement.

09-04-2010, 09:10 PM
Quote:
I don't know about that...but ranking 'SpongeBob: Battle for Bikini Bottom GBA' up there with Pokémon? That's a pretty grand statement.
Yeah, but that's only personal opinion of course.

09-04-2010, 10:01 PM
I think that Vicarious Visions developed the GBA version of Battle for Bikini Bottom. They went on to make quite a few good DS games (and games on a lot of other platforms!)
09-04-2010, 10:03 PM
Quote:

Dude, you made that game?! Awesome! One of the few games I ever actually played all the way through. It may have seemed like somewhat of a kiddie game, but I really enjoyed it. I'm still kicking myself for selling that one.