★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: For Free copies follow us on twitter (@corbomite) or join our facebook page, for more announcements:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Star-Shipping-Inc/127749797251869

-----
Top 10 Strategy and puzzle game for iPad in many countries!

Also Top 100 iPhone and iPad Strategy and puzzle game.
-------------------------------

Great reviews!

10 out of thirteen:
http://www.thirteen1.com/Issues/1313910/mag.php#28

Travel through space and get rich with Star Shipping Inc. Visit the new frontier colonies and battle space monsters and pirates in your quest to be the number one space trader the galaxy have ever known.

Take the role of the captain of of a cargo ship traveling between star systems to trade goods and commodities in strive to become the richest star ship captain in the galaxy. Your weapon is a mighty cargo ship that has to defend itself against space pirates, monsters and other less-than-friendly encounters.

Star Shipping is a turn based, strategy game, where in each turn your choices and a number of events and encounters can happen, affecting the outcome of the entire game.
When you play, choose your strategy well, and think twice before every journey, your choice between playing with a ship that's fast, or one that is large, or strong makes the game totally different, and it's all your choice.

Play at your own pace, as unlike many other games today, this one offers the player a mental challenges that doesn't rely on the ability to hit stuff on the screen, and doesn't require you to be 100% focus on the game at all times, instead you can play at your own pace, and use your economical planning skills and your intellect to trade various commodities between stars, and climb up the score ladder as you accomplish your goal of becoming the richest space captain in the galaxy.

Quotes from players:
"It's like solitaire, in space."

"Totally addictive"

"Takes a few game sessions to fully realize the full potential of the game, but when you do, it's awesome!"

Star shipping features high resolution beautiful space backdrops, planets, aliens, nebulae, space ships, items, and characters.

Features Include:
- Beautiful graphic set in a space age universe.
- Clever economy system that keeps you from being too greedy.
- Mass amount of events to keep you sharp as you travel.
- Encounter space monsters, bandits, and pirates who will try to kill you.
- Choose from several types of ships to maximize your strategy.
- Visit the shop to upgrade your vessel, so youll be the mightiest cruiser to have ever sail the frontiers.
- Defend yourself with battle drones or newly bought weapons.
- Tons of achievement and ranks to discover for high replay value.
- Random colonies and commodities that will sometimes make you laugh.
- Easter Eggs.
- Made by two guys, but not from Andromeda.

An HD Version is available for iPad and iPhone 4!
09-04-2010, 10:15 PM
Looks very interesting , has anyone tried this game out yet ? Your thoughts ?

09-05-2010, 02:17 AM
Ill pick this ASAP
Made by israeli devs

eh
09-05-2010, 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max_TO View Post
Looks very interesting , has anyone tried this game out yet ? Your thoughts ?
I TOFTT...
Have spent about 45 min. With it and so far, I'm a little under-whelmed.
Expected a longer, career type game, but instead it's broken up into separate game sessions, each one ending when you run out of "fuel packs". You only earn "space chips" to upgrade your starter ship at the end of your session. Only three planets are available to you to trade with at any time. You can only refuel by returning to "Star Shipping" on the map...which of course burns fuel. All this can be solved, of course buy an in-game purchase of 100 space chips for .99! Sorry, but that's B.S.!
I would not purchase this until the developer makes some serious changes...
09-05-2010, 12:22 PM
Made the mistake of buying it before reading a review. Not worth the money. Too little game. You get three planets to trade with, three different commodities to trade and limited gas. Was hoping for a good space exploration/trading game and ended up with a very limited game.
09-05-2010, 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbagemaster View Post
I TOFTT...
Expected a longer, career type game, but instead it's broken up into separate game sessions, each one ending when you run out of "fuel packs". You only earn "space chips" to upgrade your starter ship at the end of your session. Only three planets are available to you to trade with at any time. You can only refuel by returning to "Star Shipping" on the map...which of course burns fuel. All this can be solved, of course buy an in-game purchase of 100 space chips for .99! Sorry, but that's B.S.!
Thanks for the heads up
09-05-2010, 05:34 PM
Hey Guys!

I'm Oded, one of the developer of this game. I would very much love to hear your comments on the game.
I have a lot of plans of improving the game adding more features like ships, planets and stuff in future version, and we'd love to hear your feedback on what do you like the most and the least about the game so we can improve.

you can find some more info and stuffs in our website too:
http://starshipping.corbomitegames.com/
09-05-2010, 06:02 PM
some comments on your comments

Quote:
I TOFTT...
Hey,
Yeah, it's not a RPG career kind of game, it's a matter of seeing how much score you can get with a limited number of fuel packs before you run out. We initially started the game with a time counter, like days, and you had 4 days to deliver your goods and make money, but when we wanted to add the bonus for winning in a fight it was more logical to have it as fuel packs.

about the 100chips for 99 cents. I wish i could charge less for the 100 chips, but the lowest apple lets us is 99cents. Do you think 100 chips is unreasonable? i tried to balance the amount of chips with the amount of time it takes you to play the game and earn chips so if someone wanted to take "the easy road" and get to the high-end content first, like all the various upgrades he can just buy them and not have to "work" for them.
i tell ya, the game with the fastest ship, and all 5 speed upgrades is kick ass!

And yes, we know the game is relatively simplistic as far as the amount of planets and ships and such, we plan to expand it in future version, but would love your support and feedback until than.
Oran, the art director and game designer wanted me to say "Star Shipping - It might be short but can you finish it with 30k star bucks? "

Oded
09-05-2010, 06:08 PM
I'm not so sure you got it

Quote:
I TOFTT...
Hi, my name is Oran and I'm the game's art director
I would like to comment that this is a mind puzzle with a hint of luck, Like Solitaire, but in space. You need to make as much money in given amount of time. The trick is to develop a strategy that will help you get your goal, and henceforth the re-playability of this game.
About the space chips: It is possible to earn chips in the game, so you don't really have to buy any. But a player can play it easy by spending lots of well bought space chips, or play hard with spending only the chips you already earned.
Maybe we didn't put the game in the right category or maybe we need to add something to the game description so people will know what kind of game is it? We would love to hear your input.
09-05-2010, 08:10 PM
Hey guys
Appreciate your follow up responses. I'll be honest with you. Speaking only for myself (and maybe the U.S. Market) you are marketing a "space trader" type of game. What we want is...large universe to explore, HIGHLY customizable ships, full career mode, ability to hire/fire crew, different career paths (trader, pirate, law enforcement, military, etc).
I'm not saying your game is bad. It's fine for what it is. Graphics are really beautiful. I'm just saying that it's presented in the game description as something it's not.
If it's going to be a time/resource based gameplay, it should say so. The way it's described in the App Store now, I'm afraid will lead you to a lot of negative reviews and subsequently, bad sales.
I'm a huge fan of independent developers, and I wish you nothing but success. Just giving you a straight-shooter opinion.
Just can't recommend this game yet. Not for the current $2.99 price tag. Sorry
Good luck... Really

Last edited by Garbagemaster; 09-05-2010 at 08:26 PM. Reason: Misspelled/wrong word