★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

what is best time management game?

03-08-2009, 09:11 PM
what is best time management game?

What is the best time management game?
03-08-2009, 09:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mookie32155 View Post
What is the best time management game?
I would say airport mania and hospital havoc are my favs.

I am the managing editor of nodpad.com.

Sporting an iPod Touch 2 Gen

03-08-2009, 09:16 PM
my fav so far is the recent supermarket mania ... good mix of cartoony graphics and music, and decent difficulty curve

hell's kitchen is very good too, if not for the slow graphics at times, but liveable, and 3rd is chocolate shop frenzy ... relaxing and nice match-3 mini game included

least fav is diner dash, which is sad cos it was the first ... it was a horrible port ... small graphics and text and no enhancements done
03-08-2009, 09:17 PM
When it comes out, Oregon Trail will be my favorite.

Plus+/OpenFeint Username: gscal
03-08-2009, 09:17 PM
which time management has the most gamplay time/replayability
03-08-2009, 09:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mookie32155 View Post
which time management has the most gamplay time/replayability
Hospital Havoc has 84 total levels
03-08-2009, 09:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iPodTouchApplication View Post
Hospital Havoc has 84 total levels
if you like time management, you should try My Life.. it's really hard!

I'm looking for a good time management/ tycoon game...

Plus+ ID: Wegmans
03-08-2009, 10:44 PM
Brand new hotness

Cake Mania 3 - This is the clear winner, in my opinion. Its graphical quality rivals Chocolate Shop Frenzy, but has meaningful upgrades, instead of a linear progression. The challenge is there too. Top-tier time-management. Second hottest girl.

Sally's Salon - Prior to Cake Mania 3, this was my favorite, due to the upgrade path that promotes interesting decision-making. Unfortunately, your upgrades run out half-way through the game and you just play out the remainder of the levels with the same loadout. Girl: not hot.

Supermarket Mania - A recent release that shows promise. It's fast-paced and has an upgrade path, but it's relatively linear. Tied with Chocolate Shop Frenzy, for the hottest girl.

Chocolate Shop Frenzy - Stunning graphics and personality, but the upgrades are automatic, which limits player choice. Tied with Supermarket Mania for the hottest girl. She looks younger, although she doesn't seem as smart.

Airport Mania - Again, a recent release. Thematically divergent from the rest of the crop, which is good, and the upgrades seem interesting. No Girl. Instead, it has an airplane with eyebrows....WTF?!?

Wedding Dash - Release after Diner's Dash and it seems like it may have resolved some issues present in the earlier title, but added some new ones. The characters are way too small and cannot be categorized as "fat-finger friendly". Girl: not hot.

Diner's Dash - While this was a progenitor of the time-management genre, the interface for seating diners in the appropriate chairs is clunky and it is also very easy to "plateau" or do well until a certain level and then beat your head against it forever. This makes the pacing seem pretty broken. The girl is hot, but in a cute, spunky sort of way.

Hospital Havoc - Too early for me to rate. The gameplay seems okay, but the characters are hideous. It's task-queuing seems broken, but like I said, I haven't played it enough to develop a final verdict. The girl is a hideous troll with giant lips and boogley eyes...not hot.

Hell's Kitchen - This is similar to a typical time-management game, but with Gordon Ramsey yelling at you the whole time. I hated it, at first, but I'm warming up to it. If you are a chef, it provides some actual Ramsey recipes. Gordon Ramsey = not hot.

Daycare Nightmare - Can't comment; haven't played it.
03-08-2009, 10:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djflippy View Post
Cake Mania 3 - This is the clear winner, in my opinion. Its graphical quality rivals Chocolate Shop Frenzy, but has meaningful upgrades, instead of a linear progression. The challenge is there too. Top-tier time-management. Second hottest girl.

Sally's Salon - Prior to Cake Mania 3, this was my favorite, due to the upgrade path that promotes interesting decision-making. Unfortunately, your upgrades run out half-way through the game and you just play out the remainder of the levels with the same loadout. Girl: not hot.

Supermarket Mania - A recent release that shows promise. It's fast-paced and has an upgrade path, but it's relatively linear. Tied with Chocolate Shop Frenzy, for the hottest girl.

Chocolate Shop Frenzy - Stunning graphics and personality, but the upgrades are automatic, which limits player choice. Tied with Supermarket Mania for the hottest girl. She looks younger, although she doesn't seem as smart.

Airport Mania - Again, a recent release. Thematically divergent from the rest of the crop, which is good, and the upgrades seem interesting. No Girl. Instead, it has an airplane with eyebrows....WTF?!?

Wedding Dash - Release after Diner's Dash and it seems like it may have resolved some issues present in the earlier title, but added some new ones. The characters are way too small and cannot be categorized as "fat-finger friendly". Girl: not hot.

Diner's Dash - While this was a progenitor of the time-management genre, the interface for seating diners in the appropriate chairs is clunky and it is also very easy to "plateau" or do well until a certain level and then beat your head against it forever. This makes the pacing seem pretty broken. The girl is hot, but in a cute, spunky sort of way.

Hospital Havoc - Too early for me to rate. The gameplay seems okay, but the characters are hideous. It's task-queuing seems broken, but like I said, I haven't played it enough to develop a final verdict. The girl is a hideous troll with giant lips and boogley eyes...not hot.

Hell's Kitchen - This is similar to a typical time-management game, but with Gordon Ramsey yelling at you the whole time. I hated it, at first, but I'm warming up to it. If you are a chef, it provides some actual Ramsey recipes. Gordon Ramsey = not hot.

Daycare Nightmare - Can't comment; haven't played it.
wtf? lol. oookay. Trolls need love too probably!

Never tried Hell's kitchen
03-09-2009, 12:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jchampl View Post
why do you insist on calling it "timed out", how is that timing out?
He meant crash.

Web Designer & Developer since 1999.

Games I highly recommend: CozyQuest, Gemmed, Jabeh, Blue Defense, Blue Attack, geoDefense, Hospital Havoc