Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2012, 02:29 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanuku View Post
While I can understand where your pointing at i don`t get why it`s still so important that they deliver Screenshots of their early Builds.

Think about the Grand Theft Auto Franchise. We aren`t getting Trailer or Screenshots till they reach a Level of polishing where some others would already throw the Game on the Market while Rockstar is still polishing it.

Take a look at Bethesda and Skyrim. While they did obviously invested enough time to make the Game run solid on PC/Xbox360 the PS3 Version is the biggest Mess in Gaming on a Sony Console.

I don`t wanna see The Shadow becoming something similar and therefor I`ll accept that they need more time to polish the Game and not are doing some Marketing Stunt as Chair did with Infinity Blade II while the Game was still so damn bugged that even some other Developer pointed out that they would never relase such an mess and brag about it at the same time in almost every Interview that it did took them only like six Months to get it done.

For me The Shadow Sun has lost nothing of it`s magic since I play a Game for it`s Story and the hole Picture and not for how fast someone has created it out of nothing as long as I can see that the polishing Level is Top Notch and that the Wait was worth it.
i believe i agree with this, i don't wan't to se the shadow sun being a messi believe theres a good reason for the ossian studios have not showen any pictures yet, i'll give them the benefitt of the doubt, alan DID admit to announce the to early, but only doing so becouse of exitment of it. i still believe the game is on the way, an naiv as i am i believe it may be just around the corner!
Old 09-22-2012, 12:04 AM

Are you guys still shooting for an end of the year release? Will we even see this game in 2012? Am I the only one that cares anymore? Did everyone at Ossian Studios take a vow of silence? Do I need to take a vow of silence? Ha!
Old 09-23-2012, 01:20 AM
Developer

Hi Nuke77,

Id respond but I've taken a vow of silence.

Seriously though, we are still shooting for this year, and are currently in crunch.
- Alan
P.S. And before you ask, we know everyone is waiting for screenshots.
Old 09-23-2012, 01:32 AM

There is still reason to live! Thank God! Just kidding. Thanks for the reply. Glad to hear there is still a chance it'll be out this year. I'm seriously more excited about this than the end of the Mayan calandar.
Old 10-01-2012, 10:19 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Miranda View Post
Hi Nuke77,

Id respond but I've taken a vow of silence.

Seriously though, we are still shooting for this year, and are currently in crunch.
- Alan
P.S. And before you ask, we know everyone is waiting for screenshots.
I remember how psyched I was for this LAST YEAR, I wouldn't hold my breath tho but I hope you get to release this soon enough. All the best.
Old 10-01-2012, 11:33 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓

Quote:
Originally Posted by slikaroo View Post
I remember how psyched I was for this LAST YEAR
I remember how psyched I was for this the year before...
Old 10-02-2012, 02:16 AM
iPhone 6, iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by redribbon View Post
this better be better than ravensword 2 that will be out in november OR the wait is just useless!
+1 this
Old 10-20-2012, 11:12 AM

What games would you say are being used as the main inspiration for this game?
Old 10-21-2012, 08:41 PM
Developer

Hi Nuke77,

Our primary game inspirations for The Shadow Sun were Dragon Age Origins and The Witcher 2: Dragon Age for BioWares story-driven RPGs with intriguing characters and dialogues, and The Witcher 2 for its fast-paced action combat. Its a good mix of fun from both the role-playing and gameplay angles. Unlike The Witcher, though, that uses the set character of Geralt, we allow players to create their own character (male or female, name, and other customizations).
- Alan
Old 10-21-2012, 08:56 PM
iPhone 4

I've honestly lost all hope for this title, same with Mineko: Spirit Hunter or whatever...
But at least Mineko just kinda vanished, unlike this game which pops up from time to time to say they'll have something ready real soon! Then disappears until a few months later to repeat that.

You guys want an example of what you should've been doing? Look at Forgotten Memories, we've had screenshots and demonstrations of that game popping up constantly, and it looks AMAZING.
Forgive us if after so much time, we're agitated by the many broken promises in this thread.

Closed Thread