★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Ossian Studios - The Shadow Sun Announced

02-19-2013, 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bramblett05 View Post
Will y'all stop bitching? They may be to busy to be on here geez when its out it will be out and when they wanna post they will
It's been over two years since the last screenshots, too busy?! Come on....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vovin View Post
Uhm, you just sound like a mix between Rhett Butler and Abraham Lincoln.
Hmmm... Thanks!!

Mission Europa 2 is coming!!!
http://ryanmitchellgames.wordpress.com
02-19-2013, 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSpud View Post
It's been over two years since the last screenshots, too busy?! Come on....

Hmmm... Thanks!!
Yea busy you know making a game. Its a small team so yea busy

02-19-2013, 04:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bramblett05 View Post
Yea busy you know making a game. Its a small team so yea busy
Wow, what a great argument, you got me, I give up...

02-19-2013, 08:33 PM
Luke gave an estimate based on what he knew of the project status at the time. As I wanted something added to the game to make it better, this resulted in additional time. Game development is a fluid process, so we canít promise dates in stone; we can only do our best to estimate them for you.

We will not release any screenshots until weíre completely satisfied with all aspects of the game. I think Iíve mentioned this in a previous post, but the reason is that once we do, review sites will want more shots, more footage, more interviews, etc., and we will want to do our best to oblige them. Itís part of our plan. But that will be difficult for an indie like us to do until the game is mostly complete.

And in case youíre wondering, we DO check the TA forums on a regular basis, and will be active on them when we enter our marketing phase, through our release, and beyond.
- Alan

Alan Miranda
CEO, Ossian Studios Inc.
www.ossianstudios.com
02-19-2013, 09:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Miranda View Post
Luke gave an estimate based on what he knew of the project status at the time. As I wanted something added to the game to make it better, this resulted in additional time. Game development is a fluid process, so we canít promise dates in stone; we can only do our best to estimate them for you.

We will not release any screenshots until weíre completely satisfied with all aspects of the game. I think Iíve mentioned this in a previous post, but the reason is that once we do, review sites will want more shots, more footage, more interviews, etc., and we will want to do our best to oblige them. Itís part of our plan. But that will be difficult for an indie like us to do until the game is mostly complete.

And in case youíre wondering, we DO check the TA forums on a regular basis, and will be active on them when we enter our marketing phase, through our release, and beyond.
- Alan
Well, I guess it's comforting to know that iOS gaming has it's very own The Last Guardian.
02-19-2013, 09:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
Well, I guess it's comforting to know that iOS gaming has it's very own The Last Guardian.
Isn't that game cancelled? Then that belongs to IB dungeons....I say this is more like final fantasy versus
02-19-2013, 10:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Miranda View Post
We will not release any screenshots until we’re completely satisfied with all aspects of the game. I think I’ve mentioned this in a previous post, but the reason is that once we do, review sites will want more shots, more footage, more interviews, etc., and we will want to do our best to oblige them. It’s part of our plan. But that will be difficult for an indie like us to do until the game is mostly complete.

- Alan
You mean just like you started doing in Fall 2010?

Then what did happened during the last two and a half years, maybe nothing? Guess we'll never know, doesn't sound like you want us to know.

I never realized how difficult it is to take the time to post screenshots, answer questions and make videos. You obviously have much better things to do then preoccupy yourself with such tedious chores. I mean, I do it for free helping other indy developers out of the goodness of my heart but whatever...

You have failed to deliver your product on time more than once and never explained yourself. You certainly don't have to, you don't owe me anything, I'm just starting to wonder what exactly you're doing here beside telling us that there's nothing to talk about.

Best of luck with your game, I can't say I truthfully mean that because, you know, I'm not really sure it does exist.

Last edited by MrSpud; 02-19-2013 at 10:38 PM. Reason: Spelling
02-19-2013, 11:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSpud View Post
You mean just like you started doing in Fall 2010?

Then what did happened during the last two and a half years, maybe nothing? Guess we'll never know, doesn't sound like you want us to know.

I never realized how difficult it is to take the time to post screenshots, answer questions and make videos. You obviously have much better things to do then preoccupy yourself with such tedious chores. I mean, I do it for free helping other indy developers out of the goodness of my heart but whatever...

You have failed to deliver your product on time more than once and never explained yourself. You certainly don't have to, you don't owe me anything, I'm just starting to wonder what exactly you're doing here beside telling us that there's nothing to talk about.

Best of luck with your game, I can't say I truthfully mean that because, you know, I'm not really sure it does exist.
Exactly my point... I've been following this thread for two years and I've gotten nothing but crap... When this game does come out good luck with ur sells because I'm not buying it... Congrats u just lost a dedicated follower who stuck with u through multiple false releases...
02-20-2013, 03:14 AM
Alan's too polite to say it, so I will: some of you guys need to get a grip.

We suffered a 20-month delay with our last title where we did nothing but talk about the game prior to release until everyone was sick of hearing about it. As Alan said, if he post screenshots early here, every other site will start asking him for stuff. He then gets put in a position where he has to place his own critical tasks on hold, thus delaying the game further, or risk potentially alienating those sites by turning them down.

We screwed up with our 2010 announcement - that's been acknowledged, and now we move on. The last 2 1/2 years have been spent creating what we hope is one of the finest and most remarkable RPGs on the platform. Anyone who's ever attempted to develop a game with the quality and polish of a triple A title on an indie budget will understand the myriad of challenges and unexpected setbacks that entails. 95% of these projects either fail completely or fall well short. We're not going to do either. It's taken a lot longer than planned, but that isn't a situation that is unique to us. Just look at Blizzard.

Mr. Spud's earlier post is the perfect example of why it's better to keep quiet rather than providing well-intentioned estimates; get them wrong and someone will inevitably seize the opportunity to call you a liar and shit on you. This cycle is endlessly repeated on every developer forum in the land, with the same accusations, threats to not buy the game, and outright dickery, and the conclusion is always the same: It'll be done when it's done and no developer worth their salt is going to jeopardise their product to please some forum malcontents.

Speculating that the game is vapourware doesn't change the fact I have it sitting right here on my iPod.

www.lukescull.com

Follow me on Twitter @Luke_Scull
02-20-2013, 03:30 AM
You guys are taking your time to create a superior product? Good on you, keep at it.