★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Blue Attack Challenge

03-09-2009, 01:44 AM
Blue Attack Challenge

I challenge anyone to best my high score in infinite mode. 8.37 million. come on, it's no fun if no one's trying to best you :-(
03-09-2009, 01:46 AM
LOLLL is there any prize xD??

03-09-2009, 01:51 AM
I'm sure there are people trying.

Eventually it will happen and you will have to reclaim your title with an even better score later.
I had this same thing happen to me in my favorite game. But eventually someone will beat that too and I'll have to start up a new game to pass them up.

Just give it time.

Twitter: @Zincous

Last edited by Zincous; 03-09-2009 at 01:56 AM.
03-09-2009, 04:25 AM
hey writingsama any suggestion how to play blue attack really good? strategy?

thanks

can someone buy me a zen bound
03-09-2009, 07:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by traonk View Post
hey writingsama any suggestion how to play blue attack really good? strategy?

thanks
I wrote about it extensively in past Blue attack threads, just do a search :-P
03-09-2009, 07:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazer513 View Post
LOLLL is there any prize xD??
bragging rights
03-09-2009, 07:36 AM
I challenge you to defeat my no2 campaign score.
03-09-2009, 07:46 AM
In a game with online highscores I sometimes lose interest in the game. Why? Because I know that I can't beat the highscore so I stop trying. I play Blue Attack a lot less now that the highscores require over an hour and a half of gameplay. Yeah I could ignore it all but it doesn't really work out. Oh well. Still a great game.
03-09-2009, 09:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coral View Post
In a game with online highscores I sometimes lose interest in the game. Why? Because I know that I can't beat the highscore so I stop trying. I play Blue Attack a lot less now that the highscores require over an hour and a half of gameplay. Yeah I could ignore it all but it doesn't really work out. Oh well. Still a great game.
That's where global ranking data comes in. I want to put a rank in Blue Attack at some point for this exact reason - people don't care if even the daily list only has 10 entries, and they can't see how well they did for scores that aren't in that list.

Also, how would you guys feel if I extended the upgrade path a touch? Right now it maxes out around 5 million resources - if I extended the top-price items (added a higher damage gun upgrade, for example), would you be hurt that your previous scores would be easier to beat? or would you be reinvigorated to try to get higher and higher scores?

Developer, Cat in a Box Games!
Blue Defense: Second Wave! - $2.99
Blue Attack! - $1.99

Fastar! - $1.99
Red Conquest! - $0.99
03-09-2009, 09:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakooistra View Post
That's where global ranking data comes in. I want to put a rank in Blue Attack at some point for this exact reason - people don't care if even the daily list only has 10 entries, and they can't see how well they did for scores that aren't in that list.

Also, how would you guys feel if I extended the upgrade path a touch? Right now it maxes out around 5 million resources - if I extended the top-price items (added a higher damage gun upgrade, for example), would you be hurt that your previous scores would be easier to beat? or would you be reinvigorated to try to get higher and higher scores?
Hi John.

I will not be hurt if you extend the upgrade path. If you've thought of a way that the game can be better, go ahead and implement it!

But please, don't muck about with perfection too much! (Seriously, your game is so very very good as it is today.)

If you give us the chance to get more powerful weapons etc., will I finally be able to better that one wave!?!

You know, with the dive bombers that charge super-fast towards the blue mothership...THAT stage. Hate it. I get through that level sometimes (I always get through it at the end of the campaign mode), but it is ALWAYS the stage that I die on in infinite.

Sometimes past 3 mil (my current highs are 3.74 mil infinite, 1.1 mil campaign), sometimes much earlier.

But always that stage. Hate it. (I think I love to hate it...but I definitely hate it!)

And writingsama, you are clearly a cyborg...or perhaps batman. Because 8.37 million is not the score of a regular human being.

Last edited by gootch12; 03-12-2009 at 12:16 AM. Reason: update high scores