★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: FunTribe
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 8.7 MB
  • Version: 1.0
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: "If you just want a simple, relaxing game, give Mr Yin & Ms Yang a look." --148apps

"8/10, an adorable platform-puzzler." --EUROGAMER

"If you're looking for a nice challenge that you can play at your own pace, I highly recommend this app." --AppDiscover

"Mr & Ms Yin Yang will captivate fans of the original puzzle." --LiveTouch

Mr Yin & Ms Yang is a puzzle game with a twist. It looks very simple on surface but the twisted parallel worlds gives the depth to this game.

Mr Yin & Ms Yang is originally designed by a notable indie game developer, Tatsuya Koyama, who won Honorable Mention Award at Tokyo Game Show 2009. Tatsuya applied the concept of yin and yang into this game.

About:

A destined couple, Mr Yin and Ms Yang, got lost on their way to the wedding. They were dragged into two parallel universes and are now being trapped in a dark world and a bright world, respectively. Both of their worlds are deeply interrelated just as the concept of yin yang philosophy tells us.

They need to find the exit that can lead them to the same universe. Your mission is to lead them to the same exit in each level. Can you help them out to come back to the real world so that they can get married? There are fifty exits waiting for you!

Features:

50 well designed levels
Retro-like graphics
Unique puzzle system
Simple control

Twitter https://twitter.com/FunTribe
Facebook: http://tinyurl.com/FunTribeFB
YouTube http://www.youtube.com/FunTribeInc

Gabrien's comments:
Decent little puzzle game so far, smooth, big on style, nicely polished and definitely enjoyable:

09-07-2010, 01:14 PM
This looks like Shift? Or am I mistaken? Definitely would like to know more if anyone has played it... ahem... *coughs loudly*... Mr. G?

Last edited by ataloss; 09-07-2010 at 01:23 PM.

09-07-2010, 03:45 PM
LordVader: Those are the same videos :P

Username for GameCenter, Plus+, OpenFeint, Crystal, Agon, and others: xFinch713x
Xbox Live: ISMFOFinch
09-07-2010, 04:29 PM
So, how does it work? The screenshots look like there's an excellent puzzler here but the videos confused the hell out of me. No idea what's going on.

What do you have to do?
09-07-2010, 05:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by toythatkills View Post
So, how does it work? The screenshots look like there's an excellent puzzler here but the videos confused the hell out of me. No idea what's going on.

What do you have to do?
You can move either character but only one at a time. If you want to change character, simply tap on the one you are using to stop and then start using the other.

The goal is to get them both to the same door. They can make and delete blocks that are needed or that are in their way.

Cool art and idea but I found it a little boring. If you are a puzzle fan you may like it.
09-07-2010, 05:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ataloss View Post
This looks like Shift? Or am I mistaken? Definitely would like to know more if anyone has played it... ahem... *coughs loudly*... Mr. G?
Damn Andi, I thought you said a totally different word to Shift. >.>

Invaders Must Die.
09-07-2010, 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ataloss View Post
I didn't play much of Shift, but as I recall that was more action oriented? There is no action here (at least not in the first 10 levels or so), this is more laid back and puzzle focused:

Black boy can get rid of (and make) black tiles. White girl (why did an INXS song just pop to mind?) can get rid of and make white tiles. When you switch from one to the other the background changes as well, turning white "space" into tiles for the girl and vice versa for the boy. As you might be able to tell by now this is one of those games that is a lot harder to explain than it is to understand from playing.

It's polished, has good music, and attention to detail has been applied both to look as well as controls. And it's only a dollar. If you like puzzle games it's difficult for me to imagine this one disappointing.
09-07-2010, 11:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
I didn't play much of Shift, but as I recall that was more action oriented? There is no action here (at least not in the first 10 levels or so), this is more laid back and puzzle focused:

Black boy can get rid of (and make) black tiles. White girl (why did an INXS song just pop to mind?) can get rid of and make white tiles. When you switch from one to the other the background changes as well, turning white "space" into tiles for the girl and vice versa for the boy. As you might be able to tell by now this is one of those games that is a lot harder to explain than it is to understand from playing.

It's polished, has good music, and attention to detail has been applied both to look as well as controls. And it's only a dollar. If you like puzzle games it's difficult for me to imagine this one disappointing.
Just got it!
Will try it out.

My Favourite iPhone Games
Plunderland (Best Concept) | Paper Ninja (Best Slash Action) | Pocket God (Best God) | Knight Rush (Best Side-Scroller) | Infinity Blade (Best Graphic) | Angry Bird (Best $ spent) | Cut the Ropes (Best Puzzle)
09-08-2010, 12:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Damn Andi, I thought you said a totally different word to Shift. >.>
lol... you're priceless! I think i just made that SHIFT connection because of the black/white theme... very tempted by this but I guess I need more impressions - bought so many puzzlers recently

...oh, Sammy, on a side note - will be back in the UK next week, so, still up for a gaming session? PM me...
09-08-2010, 08:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post

Gabrien, thank you for opening up a new thread! Appreciated your positive comment as well.

If you want to vote for a busy action puzzle like Puzzle Bobble, MYMY might not win the awards. As Gabrien pointed out, this isn't a busy game. That's for sure. But, you might find it fun if you like "sit tight and think deep" type of puzzle games.

For those who want to give it a try, here is your chance to get a code.

1. Become our twitter follower or Facebook friend.
twitter: https://twitter.com/FunTribe
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/funtribe
2. Send your twitter/facebook account name to ft007[at]funt.wo.tc
3. We will send the codes to the winners.

We've already sent a few codes to those who kept eyes on MYMY since day 1.

Hope you find MYMY fun to play! Looking forward to hearing more from you guys.