Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prab View Post
Lol!!! I'll buy the game just for that dedication alone
You should have heard the raw unedited cut of authoring the sounds...

polyfonken first saying "Hit to head", followed by bunch of *thump* *smack* *thud* sounds.. then, a long deeep sigh and voice just continuing with "hit to upper body", and more *smack* *clump* sounds...
Old 11-19-2009, 08:32 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Hahaha... That sounds superrr fun
Old 11-20-2009, 02:08 PM

Default Awesome...

I can't wait. I'm deleting other games and music now to make room. S.D. Has had a prominent shortcut on my P.C. Desktop for a long while. Can't wait to pay real cash money to the deserving devs.

I'll tell you what I'd like to see though...a ragdoll with reflexes. None of my friends would take an involuntary plunge down the stairs without at least covering their heads. Maybe too much to ask...I'm buying this anyway...but what about a consious ragdoll...hands out, flailing, at least until knocked unconsious. So much more satisfying. I.M.O.
Cheers!
Old 11-20-2009, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zatoichi View Post
I'll tell you what I'd like to see though...a ragdoll with reflexes. None of my friends would take an involuntary plunge down the stairs without at least covering their heads. Maybe too much to ask...I'm buying this anyway...but what about a consious ragdoll...hands out, flailing, at least until knocked unconsious. So much more satisfying. I.M.O.
Cheers!
You are absolutely correct. Even professional dismounters soften the impacts by reaching with their arms...

Youtube link | Pop Up

And truth be told, there are some technical solutions out there already to give smarter behaviors to ragdolls. The expensive way is to use Euphoria from Naturalmotion (look it up, the demoreel is really nice), but for our noodle budget it's not really an option

Sumotori Dreams is also an excellent example of ragdolls with behaviors.

In any case, improved behaviors, improved social features, improved scenarios... all this is possible and something we're looking forward to implementing, but it simply needs support from the gaming community in shape of both feedback and (more importantly) purchases. With the recent stories on iPhone piracy, we'd be lying if we said the months ahead don't look worrisome.
Old 11-20-2009, 04:00 PM

Like I said, I'm ready to shell out my hard earned cash right now. You get wharvyou pay for, eh? Keep up the good work!
Old 11-21-2009, 12:24 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

toot toot!

http://toucharcade.com/2009/11/20/up...tair-dismount/
Old 11-23-2009, 12:15 PM

See, our management (me) had a miscommunication with the marketing department (me) who has never listened to those who do the real work (the other guys).

This in turn lead to a conflict in the financial department (me) which escalated into a strategic re-appraisal of the launch strategy of our upcoming hit product.

After a careful defenestration of the chairman of the board (me) and a rapid ascension to power by the working class (those other guys again) two things became clear and are hereby announced:

1) Stair Dismount is coming out this week. (Yes, Thanksgiving week!)
2) We're already continuing our work on the game.

This has been a public announcement by Secret Exit, the company where things happen and games get made.

Last edited by Frand; 11-23-2009 at 12:33 PM..
Old 11-23-2009, 12:33 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Wooo~~~ Thats pretty awesome news
Old 11-23-2009, 12:40 PM

Thanks for the update, I WILL be purchasing this as soon as it "tumbles" into the AppStore.
Old 11-23-2009, 02:11 PM
iPod Touch (2nd Gen), OS 4.x

yay! this game will be blow !!!

Closed Thread