App description: GAMEVIL DOLLAR DEALS
All our games are up to 80% off. Grab your copy now!

STYLISH ACTION RPG to be eternally remembered.

The epic journey of our hero Grey continues in HYBRID 2: Saga of Nostalgia, where he starts on a new adventure in search of his beloved Fairy.
His encountering with the Apostle of God endangers her existence, and the spiritual companions scatter throughout the twisted dimensions.

Grey, the warrior of HYBRID! Travel through dimensions and restore the twisted realms!

Experience the visually impressive combo attacks, hundreds of unique items, revamped quest system and story development of our hero.

* Performance optimized for iPhone 3GS and iPod Touch 3G or above.

CRITICS SAY

"A RPG gamers dream come true."
- AppSmile (5/5)

"Great graphics; action-RPG gameplay that's deep, but fast-paced and satisfying."
- Slide to Play (4/4)

"An extremely engaging action RPG with smooth difficulty curve that keeps you on your toes to the end." - - AppSpy (4/5)

"Hybrid 2 the kind of satisfaction you expect from the likes of Diablo and Torchlight"
- 148Apps

USERS SAY

"HYBRID 2 separates the Basic Hack-and-Slash games, with the Hack-and-Slash RPGs with its engaging storyline, and mind-awing graphics!"
Barkuto

"HYBRID 2 separates itself from the rest of the hack-n-slash pack with its stunning visuals, an all-new interface, gripping action and a truly engaging back-story that certainly is NOT in the back seat."
ChocoVanilla

"HYBRID 2 brings back the same great arcade hack-n-slash gameplay of the first Hybrid, but revamps it with vivid and colorful new graphics, new environments, even greater replayability, and a great continuation to the original's storyline. This is a sequel that won't disappoint."
Sixxes

"HYBRID 2's innovative battle system and compelling story further prove the capability of the iPhone/iPod Touch to deliver deep, powerful RPGs on par with the best DS and PSP titles."
-Sirius-

FEATURES

VISUALLY IMPRESSIVE SKILLS AND GRAPHICS
Dozens of skills displayed with fabulous visual effects

IMPROVED EPIC STORYLINE
Sentimental fantasy storyline that prolongs from the prequel

ENRICHED USER INTERFACES
Fully customizable controls and touch menus optimized specifically for iOS devices

INNOVATIVE COMBAT SYSTEM WITH INFINITE COMBO ATTACKS
Adjustable single attacks to extreme infinite combo attacks

ENORMOUS ADVENTURE
Over 200 battlefields and quests with 2 different modes guaranteeing huge amount of playtime

OTHER GAMEVIL GAMES

ADVENA
Air Penguin
Baseball Superstars® II
Baseball Superstars® 2010 HD
Boom It Up!
Chalk n' Talk
DESTINIA
HYBRID: Eternal Whisper
ILLUSIA
KAMI RETRO
KAMI RETRO HD
NOM: Billion Year Timequest
NOM 5
Skipping Stone
Soccer Superstars® 2011 Pro
VANQUISH: The Oath of Brothers
ZENONIA® 3

NEWS & EVENTS

Website http://www.gamevil.com
Facebook http://facebook.com/gamevil
Twitter http://twitter.com/gamevil
YouTube http://youtube.com/gamevil

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

09-08-2010, 05:02 AM
Game Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamer0900 View Post
I've been playing it about 30minutes.
I think it's much better than the first one.
Control and graphics are much better than the first one.
I think it's def buy for rpg fan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watabou View Post
Honestly, I'm still not digging the controls. It feels like they took the d-pad off zenonia 2 and slapped it on here. The dash still is a bit wonky. This plus the bad framerate makes this game so not worth it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
The framerate is actually fine on an iPhone 4 (though not ridiculously sped up like Hybrid 1). Definitely not the d-pad from Zenonia, as you can actually move and attack diagonally (which is not possible in Zenonia 1 and 2). Dash seems more more consistent than in Hybrid 1, though still not perfect. The story doesn't make a heck of a lot of sense if you haven't played the first one (and even then it's pretty opaque), but at least the translation seems competent this time.

The three key differences between Hybrid 1 and 2 are:

*the graphics: they're are a lot more detailed and vivid than in the first one. Gray's sprite is larger, too, and he just looks better. This is still a cellphone port, though, so don't except Retina goodness here.

* mapping and exploration: The set up in Hybrid 2 is much more traditional than in Hybrid 1, with the expected towns, dangerous wilderness, etc. Gone is all that overworld/underworld stuff from the first one (at least in my first couple hours with the game). There are also side-quests, which I don't remember seeing one the first game.

* combat: this is bound to be the second most controversial change. Gamevil has gotten rid of the (IMHO) ridiculously complicated combos from the first one. Combos in H2 are simpler and make use of multiple buttons (instead of combining direction al taps and a single attack button). There's no change-grip button, and soul blade is activated by tapping a button in the upper left corner -- no diagonal swipes across the screen. Basically, combat feels more like that of Caligo Chaser and less like that of Hybrid 1. For me, that's a big improvement, but anyone who loved the swipes and combos of the first installment will find Hybrid 2 to be disappointingly straightforward (attack-wise, anyway).

* In-app purchases: the most controversial addition. You can buy anything from respecs to actual equipment and skill-improvement cheats.

All in all, I'm pretty hooked in the game right now, and I'm definitely enjoying it more than the first (that's not a ringing endorsement, since I really couldn't stand Hybrid 1.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsrco View Post
I am actually finding this to be pretty horrid. The story is completely inaccessible unless you have played the first one. I would fail to see why you would care about the characters or what is going on if you didn't. While the controls are improved I now find myself dashing when I don't want to and still think that was a horrible implementation to this game much like the first one.

I am only level 12, and the combat is more fun this time around when the ai hasn't locked you into a position of being pummeled. Unless there is a block button I am missing you can literally be slammed to death without being able to attack back or move. This includes that annoying dash, but don't worry if you run out of the essence of life to bring yourself back, you can just spend money with in app purchases to get more. Seriously!?! The way the in app purchases (which are optional) are fed into this game really cheapen the feel!

Unless you are a fan of the first one I would suggest passing. The game has improved but not enough to sell lemon the series still.

Last edited by ImNoSuperMan; 09-09-2010 at 07:11 AM.

09-08-2010, 05:57 AM
wow.
didn't see that coming
09-08-2010, 06:00 AM
Cool! Hopefully it controls better than most gamevil games... After soccer superstars, I'm a little suspicious at how well the analog stick is for this =)
09-08-2010, 06:17 AM
Like every Gamevil the game looks like it is develop for JTME or java capable devices.
09-08-2010, 06:32 AM
I saw some pictures of the beta, and they have a joystick and 3 buttons (a, b, and z i think).
I'm downloading it now and ill submit some screenshots to you guys later.

EDIT: found the pic:

Last edited by MrDoctor; 09-08-2010 at 06:38 AM. Reason: Found the picture
09-08-2010, 06:33 AM
does this game have retina display also what does the app icon look like.

what do the icon at the bottom do in last picture
09-08-2010, 07:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDoctor View Post
I saw some pictures of the beta, and they have a joystick and 3 buttons (a, b, and z i think).
I'm downloading it now and ill submit some screenshots to you guys later.
And please post some impressions! Thanks!

"I have nothing to say, and I'm saying it" - John Cage
Plus+ ID= Maythius

Game Center: Maythius
09-08-2010, 08:04 AM
Generic story, probably the worst name of a game I've ever seen...

The graphics and gameplay looks good, so I'll wait fir TA review

Win ANY APP in Headcase Games' Daily 180 TouchArcade contest!
FreeAppTracker.com free daily apps, rankings, & contests!
09-08-2010, 08:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmusic View Post
Like every Gamevil the game looks like it is develop for JTME or java capable devices.
Every time Gamevil release a game, someone say that lol.