★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Pigeon Squadron - by I-play (Now FREE)

09-08-2010, 05:44 AM
Pigeon Squadron - by I-play (Now FREE)

Last edited by ImNoSuperMan; 09-09-2010 at 03:07 AM.
09-08-2010, 06:51 AM
great! price is super equals 0.79€ for the euro-guys
has this a gyro-support? And leaderboards (Gamecenter?!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatusernameistaken
There's this thing they invented way back in the 80's, it's called a "Joke". You may want to look into it...
Instagram: i5_david, feel free to add me

09-08-2010, 07:57 AM
Congrats on getting the game out there! Very well done.

Invaders Must Die.
09-08-2010, 09:23 AM
My impressions from the version released in Canada in 08-23-2010:
I picked this up this morning and I was expecting something like "Fowlplay' (which I like) but Pigeon is a completely different experience.

I noticed that the game is developed by Creative Patterns (Turn Episode 1 is one of my top 5 puzzle games on the appstore), and they have done it again: This shows great attention to detail and a very enjoyable gameplay.

I love the music, the art, the way u control Philby -the pigeon- (tilt forward to speed up and backward to slow down) and the minimaps.

The aim of the game is to hit targets and complete the missions ( 45 missions in total: 15 missions/city). There's 3 cities: Cockney, Gaulle and Metro City. U can achieve gold, silver or bronze medal according to the points obtained but it's necessary to get a bronze medal to unlock the next mission.

There's some power ups (food) to increase the energy and tons of objects ( hats, balls, boots) thrown at you by the characters, that make you decrease your energy level.

I have some suggestions:
- Add more food or power ups (I played 5 missions so far and was only able to get 2 power ups , compare to tons of red objects thrown @ the pigeon).

-Online leaderboards (Open feint, plus+ or apple's Game center).

Overall, I'm really impressed, highly recommended.
09-08-2010, 09:26 AM
Looks like it has a fair bit of polish to it, it looks great and the concept of it is awesome. Especially love the trailer, for such a cheap price you can't go wrong, bought when it comes out in Aus.

Top 3: Dead Rising, Infinity Blade, Dungeon Hunter 2,

GC: x Woodstock II
09-08-2010, 09:52 AM
Can't wait to pick this up at Midnight. I'd say this is one of the most stylish games in a long time. Looking at the trailer and posters in the Upcoming Thread, the Devs really are on point here. Hats off to I-play.

Invaders Must Die.
09-08-2010, 10:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Can't wait to pick this up at Midnight. I'd say this is one of the most stylish games in a long time. Looking at the trailer and posters in the Upcoming Thread, the Devs really are on point here. Hats off to I-play.
dito!
screenshot two and three got me

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatusernameistaken
There's this thing they invented way back in the 80's, it's called a "Joke". You may want to look into it...
Instagram: i5_david, feel free to add me
09-08-2010, 10:13 AM
So hope everyone is ready to join the Pigeon Squadron !!!

Full launch trailer coming very soon !!

looking forward to hearing everyones impressions as we are super excited about this game !!!

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/IplayGaming

Become a Fan on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/IplayGaming
09-08-2010, 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goiMot View Post
My impressions from the version released in Canada in 08-23-2010:
I picked this up this morning and I was expecting something like "Fowlplay' (which I like) but Pigeon is a completely different experience.
How come you have access to the game, it isn't available yet as far as I see in the Canadian Appstore.
09-08-2010, 08:05 PM
Verrrry nice game, well worth the price. There is a campaign in different cities, each city has missions split into bite size pieces. You get a medal based on performance yadda, yadda.

Graphics are beautiful, gameplay is mainly tilt with a timely tap to drop your poop on unsuspecting heads below. You get a streak (yes, I'm thinking that too) if you manage to unload without missing! Pigeons need praise too guys!

Anyway, very quick impressions after 5 minutes. This and Lite-Brite are my must haves for the past 24 hours.

Invaders Must Die.