★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: A Unique App/Game on Climate Change - Saving Gaia

09-08-2010, 11:09 AM
A Unique App/Game on Climate Change - Saving Gaia

http://savinggaia.tritiumapps.com

This initiative was started by like-minded individuals who knows that saving the planet does not only involves our leaders attending climate change conventions but involves you and me, single individuals who need to be educated about it and doing our small parts to conserve energy.
Our initiative aims to spread the awareness of climate change through educational & addictive iphone gaming. Be a part of this initiative by downloading & playing this game. Our goal, if God willing, is to put this app into every single iphone out there as everyone needs to be a part of this important initiative!

We would like to thank you, in advance, for downloading this game and helping to keep it alive. This will serve to propagate the initiative further. In order to reward you, we will throw in vouchers and other prizes for playing this game. As you play this game, you will educate yourself and your friends, whom you share this game with, about the importance of recycling and energy conservation to help save Planet Earth. Every time you play this game, you will be reminded, through tips & subtle messages in the app, of how easy it is to help recycle and conserve energy. This is how we will educate and spread this simple but important message.
A simple download only costs you a little but it goes a long way to propagate this important initative and as a supporter, you have already contributed a great deal. Awareness is the key to saving our planet and when we are aware, every small steps to conserve energy and recycle waste will be snowballed to have a great impact on our planetís health. If an individual cuts down his carbon emission by 1 unit, imagine how much many individuals can do.
To keep the zeal and fervor up in this initiative, we will reward people who play this game and share with their friends through vouchers and prizes. Look out for the later versions of this game, in which we will track your game fervor through leaderboards, achievements and challenges/invitations put forward to your friends.
When it comes to saving gaia, everyone has a part to play. Help us by introducing your friends this initiative now.

-iseethesun79 (developer)
savinggaia.tritiumapps.com
"Saving the Planet is everyone's business!"
10-16-2010, 11:05 AM
Saving Gaia App is now available for download here!

http://itunes.apple.com/sg/app/saving-gaia/id385512061?mt=8

Last edited by iseethesun79; 10-29-2010 at 05:38 AM.

10-24-2010, 08:58 AM
Please support us. We are releasing the next version with Jackpot. For the jackpot, an attractive cash prize will be awarded based on no. of downloads.
10-24-2010, 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iseethesun79 View Post
Please support us. We are releasing the next version with Jackpot. For the jackpot, an attractive cash prize will be awarded based on no. of downloads.
All of the cash incentives in the world won't have me paying for a game I can't see first. On the surface it looks like a medium poduction value preachy/educational match 3 for $3. I'm curious as the gameplay looks kind of clever but am not likely to pay $3 to get preached at UNLESS I see the game is cool enough to endure it.

Either:

1) Rerelease the game using the freeium model which means releasing a very limited version of the game (first 3-5 levels) that a player can then upgrade to the full version via an in app purchase.

2) Release a separate lite version with the first 3-5 levels.

3) Release a video showing several minutes of gameplay (no need for an elaborately edited trailer, just show us some straight forward gameplay from the game).

4) Give out a few promos to spread the word here at Touch Arcade . Seriously, you could offer codes to the first several folk to write your address requesting one once your give away starts or hold some sort of contest in the promo section (maybe asking some sort of green trivia questions).

Hope you follow up with some of these ideas.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews

Last edited by LordGek; 10-24-2010 at 10:40 AM.
10-29-2010, 05:37 AM
USD100 cash or voucher to be won in Saving Gaia's latest version.

http://itunes.apple.com/sg/app/saving-gaia/id385512061?mt=8
11-02-2010, 10:57 AM
Please support this initiative!!
11-02-2010, 11:07 AM
Looks good, but needs more manipulated data and carbon credit cuts for Al Gore.
11-02-2010, 11:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iseethesun79 View Post
Please support this initiative!!
Did you even READ MY EARLIER POST?

Giving away cash prizes or being to heavy with a message is no way to market your game. Show us a video, release a demo, or give out some promos so we can give the rest of TA an idea of what to expect with the game.

My iTunes Reviews
11-02-2010, 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
Did you even READ MY EARLIER POST?

Giving away cash prizes or being to heavy with a message is no way to market your game. Show us a video, release a demo, or give out some promos so we can give the rest of TA an idea of what to expect with the game.
You need to stop asking questions, and just man up and pay the $2.99. They're like, saving the earth and stuff.
11-02-2010, 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocolate View Post
You need to stop asking questions, and just man up and pay the $2.99. They're like, saving the earth and stuff.
Sad how Al's message is losing a lot of ground these days as UN-MADE UP problems are taking a bigger priority.

Having a job and being to stay in one's home is a little more important to folk these days than the fate of the polar bears and carbon emissions.

My iTunes Reviews