★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: From the creators of Starbase Orion, the premier 4X space strategy game for iOS, comes a space survival game that will have you firing your turrets and scrambling your fighters to protect your starbase from swarms of enemy invaders.

Starbase Command is a strategy game which puts you in control of a starbase on the fringes of the Empire. Your goal is to survive for as long as possible, driving up your score as you build new defenses and destroy incoming waves of enemies. Merchant vessels bring in much needed wealth to fuel your endeavors. Starbase Command is game of economy, of learning what to build and when, and in what order. It is also a game of tactics, of knowing what enemies you should destroy when.

Watch the gameplay video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-VHvOR1sCI

----------------------------------------------

"This game is very addictive ^^" MichelG, user comment from Touch Arcade

"This game is really a gem for me under the iPhone games. My favorite games are Spaceminer, Rimelands, Warpgate, Angrybirds, Settlers Star defense, Fly Kiwi, Galaxy on fire (2). I give this list so you guys can see how good this game is according to me because Starbase Command belongs in this list with my favorite iPhone games." - Wilbair, user comment from Touch Arcade

"Really fun and simple game to play." 1body4u, user comment from iTunes

"Brilliant game, already had new updates and now hanging out for more!!" Bladeslapper, user comment from iTunes

"If you like Spacestation HD, this is recommended. Same defend base concept, but different gameplay and style." Jadis777, user comment from iTunes

----------------------------------------------

Wilbair's comments:

Description

Starbase Command is a strategy defense game which puts you in command of a starbase under attack. Your goal is to survive for as long as possible, driving up your score as you build new defenses and destroy incoming waves of enemies.

Starbase Command is OpenFeint Enabled! Compete on the global leaderboard, unlock achievements, earn OpenFeint points.

Chimera Software, LLC Web SiteStarbase Command Support
What's New In Version 1.1

Thanks everyone for the great feedback! Here is what's new:

*** Four new turrets! ***
The Ion Turret and the Missile Turret are available immediately.
The Mega Plasma Turret and the Mega Missile Turret are rewards which can be unlocked using the new Refer-a-Friend promotion.

*** Four new enemy variants! ***
There are two new variants with the "Defiant" Frigate, each carrying different armament.
There are two new variants with the "Astoria" Battle Carrier, each carrying different armament.

*** Refer-a-Friend Promotion! ***
If you like Starbase Command, chances are you know someone else who might. Now we are giving you an incentive to help spread the word! Refer one friend to Starbase Command (they download it and enter your unique Refer-a-Friend code into their game) and you will be able to build the fantastic Mega Plasma Turret. Refer another friend and start building the all new Mega Missile Turret.

*** Rank Starbase Command on the AppStore! ***
We want your ratings and your comments! There is now a link inside of the app which will take you directly to the "Write a Review" page in the AppStore application. Keep the five star ratings coming for more free content updates!

*** Bug Fixes! ***
That's right, we hunted and squashed some bugs which have been annoying you. If we didn't get to your bug in this update, please send email to support@chimerasw.com describing your frustration. We want to make Starbase Command the best experience it can be, but we cannot do it alone!
09-09-2010, 09:04 AM

I check this forums about a year now and i got many tips and ideas for new games to play by just looking at the threads for iphone games. Almost every good and even bad games have there own thread here with there own discussions. Thats why it suprised me that a game like this just wasn't mentiond on toucharcade. This game is really a gem for me under the iphone games. My favourite games are Spaceminer, Rimelands, Warpgate, Angrybirds, Settlers Star defense, Fly Kiwi, Galaxy on fire (2). I give this list so you guys can see how good this game is according to me because Starbase Command belongs in this list with my favourite Iphone games.

Especialy now the develpers have given the game an update i wanted to share it and here other opinions. The game is a Strategy defense game where you have to defend youre starbase and traders. Its also a kind of tower defense game because youre defenses are turrets and other defense weapons. But the strongest part is the addiction to beat youre high score and the game play is never the same because the levels are random and the enemy ships also.

The goal of the game is to defend youre spacebase as long as possible and fight of the enemy ships. You get money from spacetraders but also by achieving goals so you can earn extra cash when youre playing. So its not a standard tower defense game and the game doesnt have different levels but one that each time you play is different and you can use different strategies to find out what is the best one. Its just an addicting game that i wanted to share its also cheap so i hope to hear some opinions and strategies

(Its my first post and my english isnt that good so please forgive me for that)

My refer-a-friend code is 70
Maybee we can help each other with that also.

09-09-2010, 09:12 AM
are you developer
is there a video or something

eh
09-09-2010, 09:22 AM
Now aim not the developer just a fan from iphone games (especialy the ones on my list) and toucharcade. Thats why i wanted to info you people about this game and hear other opinions and strategies.

I will make a video and post it here
09-09-2010, 02:35 PM
i neer a bit of help for THE video because i cant find a iphonescreen recorder voor IOS 4. THE app screenrecorder supports only OS 3 so if someone knows recorder i can make a demonstration video about THE game
09-09-2010, 02:37 PM
You need a hand camera

eh
09-09-2010, 05:31 PM
I found another app that can record video's of your'e iphone with IOS 4. It's called Display Recorder. Tomorrow i will try this app and make a video
09-09-2010, 05:35 PM
ok cool
other people waiting also i believe

eh
09-09-2010, 05:44 PM
Hello dev.

plus+: Collokey
"Words/Chess With Friends": Collokey
09-14-2010, 10:07 AM
Gameplay video now available!

Youtube link | Pop Up

Thanks for posting about my game Wilbair, I'm glad so many people are having fun with it!

"The Dev"

Last edited by KittyMac; 10-21-2010 at 09:46 AM.