★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: iNigma
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 61.4 MB
  • Version: 1.2.0
  • Price: $4.99
  • Average User Rating: 4 (5)
App description: Kingsburg Serving the Crown is the iPhone and iPod Touch port of the award-winning board game Kingsburg, in which you will be asked to oversee a province, at the very edge of King Tritus realm. With the help of the Kings trusted advisors, you will obtain the resources to construct buildings, strengthen your defences and train your army. Challenge the artificial intelligence or compete with your friends to prove yourself the most skilled governor!

Features
- Solo mode: play against your iPhone
- Pass and Play mode: compete with your friends in challenges for up to 5 players!
- Achievements system
- Available languages: English, Italian
- Official port of the board game Kingsburg, featuring the original artwork
- Complete game rulebook and in-game hints
- Chance to unlock new game modes.

Coming soon
- New languages support.
- New virtual opponents with different game features.
- Official board game expansions port.
- New unpublished expansions and game variants.
- iPad version.
09-09-2010, 10:31 AM
If I'm not mistaken this is actually a universal app, not just for the ipad!

09-09-2010, 10:54 AM
This is currently only the iPhone version.

Descriptions says iPad version coming soon. Not sure if it will be universal or separate?
09-09-2010, 10:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ojtitus View Post
If I'm not mistaken this is actually a universal app, not just for the ipad!
It says coming soon "iPad version" but that sounds like another app, not sure if they mean universal (but I hope so).

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
09-09-2010, 11:10 AM
Did anyone notice they misspelled the title - and therefore the link? The title says "Kinsburg" but everywhere else it is "Kingsburg" which I know is correct. Very unfortunate mistake.
09-09-2010, 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by New England Gamer View Post
Did anyone notice they misspelled the title - and therefore the link? The title says "Kinsburg" but everywhere else it is "Kingsburg" which I know is correct. Very unfortunate mistake.
Yeah, I noticed that when trying to search for it. It's an easy mistake to fix but it doesn't instill confidence in me. I checked the devs website (e-nigma.it) which has plenty of screenshots but I don't know enough about the game to know if I'd like it yet
09-09-2010, 11:22 AM
Looking at the actual board-game and it sounds interesting. This came out of nowhere for me though. Someone TOFTT

How many AI players can you compete against and do the AI personalities differ a la Carcassonne? Also will there be Game Center support down the road.
09-09-2010, 11:31 AM
no online multiplayer as Carcassonne or Samurai?

Heavy Devil is my latest game, check it out! AppStore GooglePlay
09-09-2010, 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
It says coming soon "iPad version" but that sounds like another app, not sure if they mean universal (but I hope so).
Yeah, I was just looking at the requirements. At least it looks like you could play this on an ipad, it just wouldn't look as good as a universal or native ipad game.

P.S. This thread was originally in the ipad section.
09-09-2010, 11:50 AM
Here is a video of a guy demonstrating the actual board game:

http://www.mevio.com/episode/96947/e...g/?mode=detail

Looking briefly at the video I'm seeing a game similar in many ways to Roll Through the Ages. Each turn you roll dice vying for resources with your opponents to build structures that give you victory points. The winner being the one who has completed all of the structures or at least come the closest to doing so, victory point wise, in 40 turns (I think that's right as the game goes for 5 years ans each year has 8 phase/turns to it).

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews

Last edited by LordGek; 09-09-2010 at 12:09 PM.