★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Gravity Runner - 1.11. Better looking and more seamless!

09-10-2010, 03:59 AM
Gravity Runner - 1.11. Better looking and more seamless!

Hey Guys,

Let us know what you think about the new update!

How do you like the new looks?
Is Endless Better?

Let us know if you find any problematic sections!

Thanks!

Quote:
Firstly, we apologise for the problems everyone had with version 1.1. This update should improve everyones experience, and add a few extra tweaks!

-------------
New in Version 1.11
-------------

- NEW LOOK BACKGROUND! We've improved how the game looks, the background now has more depth to it rather than looking flat and boring.

- Endless Mode now should have no "Impossible" or "Broken" sections, everything should flow smoothly together for a great Gravity Running Experience.

- If you Lock your phone, Get a phone call or get a text while playing the game, it now pauses the game! (Full Multi-tasking support is being worked on)

- Some scores were not being updated on OpenFeint for the new Endless Mode. If your score was worse than your previous best on Endless 1.0, your score for Endless 1.1 would not be uploaded. NOW FIXED.

- A few minor bug fixes.

----------
Version 1.1 Changes
----------

- NEW ICON! This Icon emphasises that you should expect to die a lot in this game.

- Endless Mode
- More variety of levels for the easy section
- Made the difficulty ramp up a little quicker
- New leaderboard been added for v1.1 since there has been a few changes.

- Some Achievements were not being achieved at the correct times and when you got all Gold Medals, all bronze and silver did not unlock. Achievements have now been fixed!

- Improved Initial Loading Times (OpenFeint Issue)

- Improved Integration with OpenFeint. Notifications now appear at the top of the screen rather than the bottom. (Less Interference)

----------------------------

Thanks everyone for their great feedback which has led to this Update, we are planning many more updates, so let everyone know to get in early to receive all these updates for free!

Get it touch with us on our Forum if you have any problems or feedback about the game or contact us Directly - dave@wearecolin.co.uk

----------------------------

Planned Future Updates (Subject to Change)

- Sometimes when jumping near the edge of a platform or just after landing, Gravity flips when you meant to jump ... This will be Fixed!

- Even More Variety in the Endless Mode.

- When the character runs fast, speed trails should appear behind the character.

- A countdown will be added after you have paused.

- Multi-tasking support should be Added Soon!

We Are Colin - Indie Games from Derby, UK. Facebook Twitter YouTube
Gravity Runner - Running game with Retro Graphics
Screw The Dealer + iSevens - Card Games -
WordSearch Rush - Featured by Apple - Available now

Last edited by DaveLev; 09-10-2010 at 04:08 AM.
09-10-2010, 10:40 AM
What do you all think to the changes? Any opinions?

09-10-2010, 10:43 AM
I like the new looks, bit strange tho. Endless is better for sure.
09-10-2010, 10:50 AM
I gave up on level 25 a long time ago but I keep coming back and playing Gravity Runner because of the Endless mode and it just got better so, good job!
09-10-2010, 12:09 PM
How, specifically, has/have the background(s) been changed? (I don't have the game yet. )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Damien View Post
Are you serious ? Are you pro ?
09-10-2010, 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by K76 View Post
How, specifically, has/have the background(s) been changed? (I don't have the game yet. )
We've added more Depth to them, so we've got 4 layers of background now rather than 2.

2 Layers of the Green Hills - Both moving at a different speed to give the effect that one is further away than the other. One is also darker and slightly smaller.

2 Layers of Clouds - Some clear cloud and some blurred clouds, blurred to give the effect of them being further away again. The blurred ones move slower in the sky.

Hope that answers your questions! :-).

09-10-2010, 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveLev View Post
Hope that answers your questions! :-).
Wow, that sounds really nice!

Thanks for the reply! 8D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Damien View Post
Are you serious ? Are you pro ?
09-10-2010, 03:28 PM
*sigh...I was really hoping that when you guys said "Endless Mode now should have no Impossible or Broken sections..." you really meant it.

With the last update, I reported that there were two Impossible sections: one of which I haven't encountered again, but ANOTHER that still remains and I actually got a screenshot of! Take a look below.

http://forums.toucharcade.com/attach...1&d=1284150099

Now the problem is that after jumping from stopping at that "step", you land right in gap to the right. And of course, switching Gravity will just land you right in the spikes. The only way around this is to initially jump before being stopped in this little corner, but this still should be considered broken. I usually ALWAYS let myself be stopped on stairs, so I can take a break and regain my bearings.

Hope this makes sense

Also, I wanted to express that I really don't like the word ENDLESS at the beginning of endless. Problem is, it's so low that if you jump while running beneath it, you hit your head on the letters and it causes the game to stutter and kinda of glitch out for a second. Also, it's tedious to have to run past it EVERY SINGLE SESSION!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0164.PNG
Views:	13
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	22756   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0165.PNG
Views:	13
Size:	74.4 KB
ID:	22757  
09-10-2010, 04:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZEROFACES View Post
*sigh...I was really hoping that when you guys said "Endless Mode now should have no Impossible or Broken sections..." you really meant it.

With the last update, I reported that there were two Impossible sections: one of which I haven't encountered again, but ANOTHER that still remains and I actually got a screenshot of! Take a look below.

Now the problem is that after jumping from stopping at that "step", you land right in gap to the right. And of course, switching Gravity will just land you right in the spikes. The only way around this is to initially jump before being stopped in this little corner, but this still should be considered broken. I usually ALWAYS let myself be stopped on stairs, so I can take a break and regain my bearings.

Hope this makes sense

Also, I wanted to express that I really don't like the word ENDLESS at the beginning of endless. Problem is, it's so low that if you jump while running beneath it, you hit your head on the letters and it causes the game to stutter and kinda of glitch out for a second. Also, it's tedious to have to run past it EVERY SINGLE SESSION!
Hey Zerofaces,

I wouldn't class that section as "Impossible" but since you've complained about it we'll change it in the next update. How would you like it changing? No spikes on the roof or filling the floor in? Or a complete change?

We'll change the start of the level. We went for the easy option, since if you create a random level for the first section, it can start upside down or right side up, we took the easy way out and just having a usual start point. It will be changed in the next update too!

Sorry your not enjoying the updates. What do you think about the new graphical update?

Thanks for your suggestions!

09-11-2010, 02:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveLev View Post
Hey Zerofaces,

I wouldn't class that section as "Impossible" but since you've complained about it we'll change it in the next update. How would you like it changing? No spikes on the roof or filling the floor in? Or a complete change?

We'll change the start of the level. We went for the easy option, since if you create a random level for the first section, it can start upside down or right side up, we took the easy way out and just having a usual start point. It will be changed in the next update too!

Sorry your not enjoying the updates. What do you think about the new graphical update?

Thanks for your suggestions!
Basically I'm thinking that if we make the mistake of finding ourselves stopped in that exact spot (picture #1 from above post), the "top" stair should extent much further so that when we jump from that spot, we don't land right in a gap! Or just remove the spikes from the ceiling! In all other sections of the game, I've never encountered stopping on stairs and becoming screwed over for it. That's the reason I complain

I really like the new backgrounds, it's definitely a great start! Now all you guys need is to add THEMES!! Here's one: change the green mountains into BLACK mountains, and change the blue sky into a RED sky; then call the theme "HELL". Easy enough, right?

Also, I can't wait for "Pause Countdown". This whole "immediate start" is still killing me nowadays! I'm a father of two, sometimes I have to pause in an instant with no warning, and coming back to a pit-fall or spike-death is never fun