★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Coin Push Frenzy - Out in US of A and more!

09-10-2010, 12:27 PM
Send a message via AIM to lydia
Coin Push Frenzy - Out in US of A and more!

Coin Push Frenzy is available on the iTunes App Store in Canada now

What's Coin Push Frenzy? The most addictive new free game for your iPhone or iPod Touch from Freeverse! Drop coins off the platform to win fabulous prizes! The classic arcade coin pushing game comes to life in the palm of your hand with real physics, beautiful graphics, and endless, casual fun! Tap to drop a coin onto the shelf to push other coins and Bonus Boxes over the front edge to add them to your stash. Beware of dropping your loot off the sides, which don't count towards your coin and prize winnings.

Fill your prize shelves with collectibles ranging from jewelry to sport memorabilia to figurines. Drop special items off the edge and into your bank that give you BONUS boosts like more coins, new machines, and special power-ups! Buy coins in game or earn them for the easiest, most addicting gameplay on your iPhone or iPod Touch today!

COLLECTIBLE PRIZES INCLUDE:
New machines, more coins, figurines, jewelry, sports loot and more!

AVAILABLE NOW on the the iTunes App Store for Canadian gamers of all ages! Expecting to hit next week for everyone else!
09-10-2010, 12:29 PM
What's the catch?

iAds?

IAPs?

Anyway, will give it a shot.

Playing: Space Ace, Road Blaster, So Long Oregon, Necronomicon CG, 7th Guest, Deathsmiles
Waiting for: Mad Dog McCree, 11th Hour, Necronomicon CG update!

09-10-2010, 12:47 PM
50 coins to start - 1 coin for every 30 secs of play...and you can buy more. It's fun -- and it's free.
09-10-2010, 12:56 PM
I think this was used in Big Fish Game's Pirate Plunder that never was released here.

It's FREE...but not really.

It's free to startup but each play requires a coin and you initially are only given a very finite number of coins. While there MIGHT be ways to earn coins in-game these games are CLEARLY geared to making you pay cash if you want to play more.

Pirates Plunder pulled a real bit of cheese by initially making the earning of additional coins easy enough (a few coins the first time you reach the various achievements), but then unless you win tournaments, you'll soon run out of ways to earn further free coins. To APPEAR not completely scammy they added in a deal where you could earn a free coin each day with the HUGE CAVEAT that these free daily coins don't stack/collect. Leave the game idle for a week or two and you'll only have the ONE extra coin added from whenever you left off last time.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
09-10-2010, 01:07 PM
You don't have to buy coins if you don't want to. There is a time delay while you wait for your supply of coins to replenish. No cheese.
09-10-2010, 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by norko99 View Post
You don't have to buy coins if you don't want to. There is a time delay while you wait for your supply of coins to replenish. No cheese.
Are there ways to EARN extra coins via skillful play?

Do I have to wait IN GAME or if I leave the game and come back and hour later I'll have more coins?

If I have to wait in game for more coins is this when I'm hit with banner ads?

I'm not trying to be completely cynical but Freeverse isn't a charity and I'm wondering how they make money from the folk who DON'T BUY coin packs.

My iTunes Reviews

Last edited by LordGek; 09-10-2010 at 01:11 PM.
09-10-2010, 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
I think this was used in Big Fish Game's Pirate Plunder that never was released here.

It's FREE...but not really.

It's free to startup but each play requires a coin and you initially are only given a very finite number of coins. While there MIGHT be ways to earn coins in-game these games are CLEARLY geared to making you pay cash if you want to play more.

Pirates Plunder pulled a real bit of cheese by initially making the earning of additional coins easy enough (a few coins the first time you reach the various achievements), but then unless you win tournaments, you'll soon run out of ways to earn further free coins. To APPEAR not completely scammy they added in a deal where you could earn a free coin each day with the HUGE CAVEAT that these free daily coins don't stack/collect. Leave the game idle for a week or two and you'll only have the ONE extra coin added from whenever you left off last time.
I have more fun playing Plunder than this, boring, deleted it
09-10-2010, 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goiMot View Post
I have more fun playing Plunder than this, boring, deleted it
Hey goiMot,

Was I right about Pirate Plunder or did I paint it too cynically? Pirate Plunder is fun but I just felt like I was being conned without even an option to say, "Here's my $5 for this FREE game, let me now play the game freely indefinitely."

My iTunes Reviews
09-10-2010, 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
Hey goiMot,

Was I right about Pirate Plunder or did I paint it too cynically? Pirate Plunder is fun but I just felt like I was being conned without even an option to say, "Here's my $5 for this FREE game, let me now play the game freely indefinitely."
I have to say that I still have Plunder on my ipad, and I have fun when I play it. It's a very nice strategic game. I would easily pay $2.99 or so for a full version without being waiting for new coins every day (I would love to see online leaderboards too).
This one in the other hand is... sorry to the dev: Boring!
09-10-2010, 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goiMot View Post
I have to say that I still have Plunder on my ipad, and I have fun when I play it. It's a very nice strategic game. I would easily pay $2.99 or so for a full version without being waiting for new coins every day (I would love to see online leaderboards too).
This one in the other hand is... sorry to the dev: Boring!
Was there a full paid version of Plunder?

My iTunes Reviews