★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: One-Hot Gaming
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 3.1 MB
  • Version: 1.1.0
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: In an exciting take on the classic Canyon Run, the fully 3D PerilCanyon lets you take command of an accelerometer-controlled F-22. Pilot your airplane through an infinite canyon as you dodge obstacles and enemy missiles. Earn points and rack up achievements to unlock a series of increasingly fast, maneuverable, and fun planes. Impressive 3D graphics, exciting gameplay, and great replay value make this game a fastastic buy!

OneHotGaming's comments:
In an exciting take on the classic Canyon Run, the fully 3D PerilCanyon lets you take command of an accelerometer-controlled F-22. Pilot your airplane through an infinite canyon as you dodge obstacles and enemy missiles. Earn points and rack up achievements to unlock a series of increasingly fast, maneuverable, and fun planes. Impressive 3D graphics, exciting gameplay, and great replay value make this game a fastastic buy!

Youtube link | Pop Up

PerilCanyon Homepage

09-11-2010, 12:10 PM
Thank You! Promo Codes

All promo codes have been used up.

Last edited by OneHotGaming; 09-11-2010 at 01:56 PM.

09-11-2010, 12:13 PM
Thanks! Got YRNNFPFH34AP
Will post impressions in a bit
09-11-2010, 01:13 PM
I look forward to hearing your impressions! There are still some unconfirmed promo codes up there. Let's get those all used up.
09-11-2010, 01:54 PM
all of them have already been used.

most unknown good game: peril canyon. Most known bad game: NFL
09-11-2010, 02:00 PM
Thanks for the heads up, check your inbox.

Last edited by OneHotGaming; 09-11-2010 at 08:17 PM.
09-11-2010, 03:21 PM
Game Impressions

Let me start off by saying that I typically do not enjoy 'go until you die' type games.
However, this game is really quite fun. What makes it good is the achievements and extra planes to unlock. Before I even played, I looked at the hangar and saw unlock-able colored planes, and my immediate impression was 'ooh. different colors. big deal' but then after I unlocked a couple and saw that each plane does something a little different, I wanted to start getting all the achievements so that I can unlock em all.
Controls are very good, which is impressive with a tilt based game. So many of them out there just don't feel right. Sensitivity is an issue normally, but it just felt spot on for me.
Challenge wise it's very good too. Getting all of those achievements is going to be very difficult, but that's a good thing. And it seems like you'll need to unlock some of the planes to be able to get some of those achievements.
One thing that I find rather odd though are the crystals. It would seem more natural if the obstacles were natural rock outcroppings rather than crystals speared through the canyon walls.

Overall though, good game that controls well, runs super smooth, and has re-playability due to achievements and unlocks.
Good job, and good luck with the game
09-11-2010, 07:11 PM
Kind of reminds me of the trench sequence from the 80s laserdisc game Astron Belt, except you're only dodging obstacles instead of also dogfighting alien ships.

Not really something I'd get into though. Looks pretty threadbare. (Default iPhone UI buttons and fonts, very basic OpenGL effects, etc.)

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko
09-11-2010, 08:17 PM
Caladell and Scott Colbert: Glad you are enjoying it!

Mindfield: Thanks for the feedback. We definitely didn't focus on the graphics as much as we did the gameplay and replay value. Hope you enjoyed playing it anyway!
09-27-2010, 11:44 PM
I started playing it recently, gotta say I like it a lot. 2 or 3 things. 1. There should be more than just random crystal outcroppings. that's one thing that set doodle jump apart, they had special sequences of stuff, like the flying boss guy. 2. there should be more planes in the higher amounts of achievements. I got to diamond, and now it takes forever to get to the next one, especially because the achievements that are left are the get a certain amount of points. finally, we need leaderboards, and you should promote your game more.

most unknown good game: peril canyon. Most known bad game: NFL