★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: KillaTron 2112 Free for a short while

09-11-2010, 07:43 AM
KillaTron 2112 Free for a short while

I'm pleased to announce KillaTron 2112 is free for a while, please leave a review if you enjoy it.
09-11-2010, 08:37 AM
I love the game, just got it today.

Suggestion? I'd pay for skins...

Good job!

09-11-2010, 11:59 AM
Is this game going to have leaderboards eventually? like game center ... openfient ... ?
09-11-2010, 05:06 PM
Sweet and thank you! I look forward to giving this a shot.
09-11-2010, 07:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by appman2010 View Post
I'm pleased to announce KillaTron 2112 is free for a while, please leave a review if you enjoy it.
THANK YOU!!!

I don't currently have a device to play it on, but when my Touch 4 arrives I will definitely try it and leave a review on iTunes. I love classic Robotron, so I think I'll like this.
09-11-2010, 10:43 PM
I cant recommend this game. It does have a Robotron feel, although it is not a literal clone. (Not sure why, I would have preferred a literal clone.) The only thing that is a literal port is the strobe like loading screen for each level or when you die, and maybe some of the sounds, which is cool, at least at first. My criticisms:

1. Graphics are really really bad. I played Robotron as recently as 2 years ago, and for whatever reason (smaller screen?) this looks a lot worse.

2. Dual control sticks are at the very bottom of the screen, tiny, and a lot harder to use than in similar games.

3. No pause button. WTF?

4. Game gives you a lot of lives, cause its easy to die. Sounds fine in principle, but the strobe lights for you died or new wave -- which seems cool at first because its straight from Robotron -- gets annoying fast. Similarly, unlike "real" Robotron, there are power-ups that make some levels super quick -- meaning that you see that load screen a LOT.

I loved Robotron, but I think that the people giving this good reviews are being charitable because they loved Robotron. I am not going to do that.

Currently addicted to Clash Royale

Last edited by ArtNJ; 09-11-2010 at 10:59 PM.
09-11-2010, 10:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtNJ View Post
2. Dual control sticks are at the very bottom of the screen, tiny, and a lot harder to use than in similar games.
+1

I understand where your coming from on your other points. I think the graphics aren't that bad, just very simple. (I never played Robotron though) But yeah, I see what the dev was trying to do with the sticks, giving the look of a console but after playing SB all day and then playing this, well, it's not a fair comparison. You nailed it Art, way too small and too close to the edge. Having said all that I do recommend it as free and if the sticks were better $.99 to $1.99 would be great too.

ıllıllı ȼǥɲƹƮȿƹ˅ƹɲ ıllıllı
DEVELOPERS I ADORE
CAT IN A BOX QUANTUM SHEEP CS54 ONE MINUTE GAMES ELEFTHERIOS CHRISTODOULATOS RAVENOUS GAMES ORANGE PIXEL RADIANGAMES CAVE LLAMASOFT (RIP) MADFINGER PASTA GAMES TOUCH FOO KODE80
09-11-2010, 10:59 PM
Yeah, the small control pads are what really kill it for me too.
09-12-2010, 11:59 AM
Killatron 2112 update

Thanks for the comments

I have submitted an update with the following:-

Control pads moved away from the bottom of the screen to make it easier to move.

Game play more balanced in terms of power up / lives and smart bombs.

The in between levels effect is now less annoying.

As for the graphics, they can be re-done but it's ment to be very simple looking.

An in game pause button has been added.
09-12-2010, 12:02 PM
Looking forward. Thanks for the care and attention you give your game. We appreciate it!

ıllıllı ȼǥɲƹƮȿƹ˅ƹɲ ıllıllı
DEVELOPERS I ADORE
CAT IN A BOX QUANTUM SHEEP CS54 ONE MINUTE GAMES ELEFTHERIOS CHRISTODOULATOS RAVENOUS GAMES ORANGE PIXEL RADIANGAMES CAVE LLAMASOFT (RIP) MADFINGER PASTA GAMES TOUCH FOO KODE80