★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Retina display games wishlist.

09-11-2010, 12:41 PM
Retina display games wishlist.

What games do you have or want to pick up that you wish for higher res graphics?

Give some reasonable ones ie: games that have ipad versions so high res assets already exist.

So ya my list.

- GT racing
- Bruce Lee
- 9 innings 2011
- GTA chinatown wars
- Warpgate

Last edited by chickdigger802; 09-11-2010 at 01:23 PM.
09-11-2010, 06:39 PM
Fruit Ninja
Monster Dash
Angry Birds
Back Breaker

Wishlist: League of Evil, The Blocks Cometh
Giftanapp: a haven of gifting for all who love apps

09-11-2010, 07:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redribbon View Post
field runners
nfs shift
nfs undercover
airattack
angry bird
aqua moto racing 2(they said that it will come, but its a long wait now)
cooking mama
dodonpachiR(looks damn blur on iphone 4)
dungeon hunter(or its not coz dh 2 is on its way)
fruit ninja,veggie samurai
minigore,monster dash
oregon trail
omg pirates(give a reason to play it again)
plants vs zombies(whats better than this?)
pes2010 or maybe 2011?
zombie infection
samurai way of the warrior
street fighter 4(oooww cmon capcom,what took u so long???)
super ko boxing(but first please fix the ipad version will ya)

thats all
Not too many then.

Invaders Must Die.
09-11-2010, 08:00 PM
Retina display is great and all, but do I really want to start most of these games over again, from the beginning? Not really. Like a lot of people, people who upgraded to an iphone 4, my original save states for these games exist on another device. In my case, they are all on my 3rd generation ipod touch. For every game that gets a Retina display update, I will have to start playing the game all over again, from the beginning.

I especially don't want to start GTA:Chinatown Wars all the way over from the beginning again. Dear god, not again.
09-11-2010, 11:59 PM
Your save states are backed up in iTunes so you don't lose them when upgrading.

The Retina display becomes a problem when your favorite game(s) aren't updated, and you stop playing them because they're ugly now. That happened for me with PES.. I was playing all the time until I got the i4, now I don't play at all.

I vote for PES, and Zombie Infection (because I didn't finish it and it's like the only GL game they didn't bother to update.) Oh and NHL2K would be great too. Thanks!

😈
09-12-2010, 12:26 AM
Off the top of my head, Robot Unicorn Attack.
09-12-2010, 02:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dumaz1000 View Post
I especially don't want to start GTA:Chinatown Wars all the way over from the beginning again. Dear god, not again.
I upgaded to iphone 4 and restored from my backup and GTA had all my saves still. same with every other game. no need to re-start (thank god!)

Game Centre I.D - Scarypharaoh
09-12-2010, 03:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarypharaoh View Post
I upgaded to iphone 4 and restored from my backup and GTA had all my saves still. same with every other game. no need to re-start (thank god!)
I setup my iPhone as a new device, mainly because I wanted to start fresh. I had my iPod backup, but who knows what JB-related scraps are in there. Sucks having to start over in my games, but at least I'm going back to some I haven't played in awhile [though I haven't touched GTA yet, think I'm gonna wait [[and hope]] for a RD update]
09-12-2010, 04:29 AM
DDPR wont get a retina update as cave stated the orinigal game has also no high res. is it acutally that bad? can you post a screenshot somehow - I heard it looks great

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatusernameistaken
There's this thing they invented way back in the 80's, it's called a "Joke". You may want to look into it...
Instagram: i5_david, feel free to add me
09-12-2010, 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dumaz1000 View Post
Retina display is great and all, but do I really want to start most of these games over again, from the beginning? Not really. Like a lot of people, people who upgraded to an iphone 4, my original save states for these games exist on another device. In my case, they are all on my 3rd generation ipod touch. For every game that gets a Retina display update, I will have to start playing the game all over again, from the beginning.

Many of us are just now getting into iPhone/Touch gaming, so yes this does matter to a large segment of people. Adding Retina display support to your app will certainly increase the life of the product and increase sales.