★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPad: ** Preview ** || Moon'd || A 3D Physics based platform game exclusively for the iPad

09-12-2010, 02:48 AM
#1
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 137
Send a message via Skype™ to AnthonyL
** Preview ** || Moon'd || A 3D Physics based platform game exclusively for the iPad

Let me introduce you all to Moon’d my new 3D Physics Platformer for the iPad !


Well here’s the Video!


Youtube link | Pop Up





edit (10/2/2010 adding the latest preview video to first post)

Youtube link | Pop Up




Features
* Full featured physics engine, roll balls, stack boxes, use weight sensitive buttons, move walls and avoid hazards!
* Unique style of 3d physics game play on the ipad
* Loads of unique levels a lot of time was spent brainstorming and hand crafting each level it’s really a blast to play.
* Super Kicking chiptune soundtrack and audio effects!
* A epic boss fight! (no game is complete without one )

This game has been a work in progress for sometime and I’d really love to get some feedback on what we’ve created so far

Last edited by AnthonyL; 10-02-2010 at 05:19 PM. Reason: new video
09-12-2010, 01:20 PM
#2
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 9
cool!, when are you planning on releasing the game?

09-12-2010, 03:15 PM
#3
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 137
Send a message via Skype™ to AnthonyL
Howdy! thanks for the reply
right now I'm planning on releasing the game sometime late september/early october
09-12-2010, 03:17 PM
#4
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 4,449
Look interesting!

FreeAppTracker.com free daily apps, rankings, & contests!
09-12-2010, 03:58 PM
#5
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 137
Send a message via Skype™ to AnthonyL
Quote:
Originally Posted by songbird View Post
Look interesting!

Yep! and it's gets better and better everyday!
09-12-2010, 03:58 PM
#6
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 5,768
Looks very nice. Sort of a little like Edge, but also has a lot of different elements.

I thought initially it looked a little more 2 1/2 D but note that the cube can go into the screen. I guess I am wondering if the cube can go into and out of the screen all the time, or only when certain paths allow it?

In any case, I 'll be watching this one.

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer
09-12-2010, 04:14 PM
#7
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 137
Send a message via Skype™ to AnthonyL
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluto6 View Post
Looks very nice. Sort of a little like Edge, but also has a lot of different elements.

I thought initially it looked a little more 2 1/2 D but note that the cube can go into the screen. I guess I am wondering if the cube can go into and out of the screen all the time, or only when certain paths allow it?

In any case, I 'll be watching this one.



Thanks pluto6,

in later levels the world becomes more puzzle like with multiple paths he can take / build .. so 2 1/2 D may not be off as you are fixed on moving +/- on the z axis OR x axis ... those levels are also heavy on camera movement effects, rotation I'll get a video of them up shortly and it'll all make more sense

the primary reason for this sort of camera/fixed axis system is simply that I think it looks really cool and it makes it possible to add some cool puzzles I haven't seen in other games yet.
09-12-2010, 06:27 PM
#8
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 5,768
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyL View Post
Thanks pluto6,

in later levels the world becomes more puzzle like with multiple paths he can take / build .. so 2 1/2 D may not be off as you are fixed on moving +/- on the z axis OR x axis ... those levels are also heavy on camera movement effects, rotation I'll get a video of them up shortly and it'll all make more sense

the primary reason for this sort of camera/fixed axis system is simply that I think it looks really cool and it makes it possible to add some cool puzzles I haven't seen in other games yet.
Thanks for the explanation. Are the objects going to be going through the levels as fast as possible, or collecting as many coins as possible, or both?

I like the cube balancing on the ball and moving a long. Sort of funny / different. I was wondering if little legs were going to pop out of the cube...

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer
09-12-2010, 06:52 PM
#9
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 137
Send a message via Skype™ to AnthonyL
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluto6 View Post
Thanks for the explanation. Are the objects going to be going through the levels as fast as possible, or collecting as many coins as possible, or both?

I like the cube balancing on the ball and moving a long. Sort of funny / different. I was wondering if little legs were going to pop out of the cube...




There's no time limit in any of the levels, coin collecting and getting to the end are the primary goals although sometimes you have to solve puzzles to accomplish both..

there is a level or two where you are automatically moving forward and just have to manage jumping but there's no clock


surprise legs are always a possibility! :-p (my lightwave skills permitting)
09-12-2010, 07:36 PM
#10
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Shanghai, China
Posts: 2,032
Only for iPad??? Any plan for iPhone 4?

Extensive Knowledge of CBT. Just send me a PM!