★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: The Glowing Void! Free today!

09-12-2010, 02:48 PM
The Glowing Void! Free today!

Hey guys! Just to let you all know, 'The Glowing Void' is free today , so feel free to grab your free copy!

If you enjoy the first 3 modes then please consider buying the extra new mode for $0.99, or check out some of our other games :P!

Enjoy!

Assyria Game Studio -(For Business Enquieries Click Here)

Get normally paid games for FREE at DailyAppDream.com - If any developers want to run a free promo on any of their games then check out the site (it's free)

Last edited by AssyriaGameStudio; 08-04-2011 at 07:36 AM.
09-12-2010, 02:58 PM
One of the best and addicting titles in its genre, simple and funny with a glowing graphic style that fits perfectly.

P.S. For those suspicious, no, i'm not on the devs' payroll!

09-12-2010, 03:41 PM
Cool just downloaded.
09-12-2010, 04:15 PM
Lock cool.I am interesting.I want to try
09-12-2010, 04:17 PM
Been a fan from the beginning of this game - got it on release, but I have to say that DLC for the new mode turned me off a bit. Sorry devs but that just made me think you are trying to milk your customers. I see why you would want to give it away in the hopes that those that get it for free are more likely to download the DLC but for early adopters it is a double whammy.

(and yeah I realize I have gotten many months of play from the game so I am not complaining about the actual game going free, just appreciating those devs that offer updates for free even more)
09-12-2010, 05:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by New England Gamer View Post
Been a fan from the beginning of this game - got it on release, but I have to say that DLC for the new mode turned me off a bit. Sorry devs but that just made me think you are trying to milk your customers. I see why you would want to give it away in the hopes that those that get it for free are more likely to download the DLC but for early adopters it is a double whammy.

(and yeah I realize I have gotten many months of play from the game so I am not complaining about the actual game going free, just appreciating those devs that offer updates for free even more)

Thanks for the feedback !

The 3rd mode was free when we put it in and we do try and provide free updates where we can. Unfortunatally revenue that games generate do decrease overtime, therefore in order to justify the addittional time new updates take there is occassionally a need to charge for them simply to sustain the business... However I expect next time we add a mode I will make it free assuming things go ok with this free campaign.

Essentially we want to continue supporting our products beyond the release as much as possible, however at the same time need to ensure we are covering our costs so we can afford to fund future games and updates, and as the income from certain games does decrease there is sometimes the need to implement the addittional revenue stream of DLC in order to make it viable to add these new updates.

However I totally understand from an early adopter, and with it now having been made free for a day it may be a little frustrating... What I may do in the future is perhaps include some code that triggers that if you buy/run our next game in the first month of release then the updates are free - do you think this would be less -off putting? That way we we can reward those of you that are supporting us most ? Let me know your thoughts.

Get normally paid games for FREE at DailyAppDream.com - If any developers want to run a free promo on any of their games then check out the site (it's free)
09-12-2010, 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caprone View Post
One of the best and addicting titles in its genre, simple and funny with a glowing graphic style that fits perfectly.

P.S. For those suspicious, no, i'm not on the devs' payroll!

Lol ta for the kind comments Caprone ! Much appreciated.

09-12-2010, 05:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AssyriaGameStudio View Post
Thanks for the feedback !

SNIP... What I may do in the future is perhaps include some code that triggers that if you buy/run our next game in the first month of release then the updates are free - do you think this would be less -off putting? That way we we can reward those of you that are supporting us most ? Let me know your thoughts.
That would be a very nice way to put it! That would be dedication and would certainly be more comforting. I do understand the work it takes to update a game, add modes, continue support etc and I do not begrudge you any of the just "due" that you deserve. The appstore is a unique market where consumers expect way more than a dev can offer I think sometimes. I can also see where putting a game for free encourages someone who downloads the game to purchase DLC as I said before. So many different business models have come across because of this unique situation that a dev has to do whatever they need to do to put dinner on the table.

I appreciate your thoughts for those of us that see a game published by you and buy pretty much based on reputation and experience of your other titles - changing your model now would irritate some of your biggest fans! But if you can do what you propose then kudos to you!
09-12-2010, 06:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by New England Gamer View Post
I appreciate your thoughts for those of us that see a game published by you and buy pretty much based on reputation and experience of your other titles - changing your model now would irritate some of your biggest fans! But if you can do what you propose then kudos to you!

Cool, we'll it requires some forward planning, but I'll be sure to include a few "triggers" to allow for me to do it in the next game !

Thanks again for the feedback! Always useful hearing peoples thoughts so we can improve the way we do things !

09-12-2010, 07:11 PM
Woo, has hit the top 200 free games within 6 hours of the price change ! And the FAAD bit hasn't even started yet lol... Will be interesting seeing how high it gets .