★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: LED Football and LED Basketball - top Retro

10-21-2008, 01:12 AM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
LED Football and LED Basketball - top Retro

I'm so old I can remember playing these Mattel handhelds. I'm addicted to the Football one. So simple but such a challenge. It's buggy in that after you play the first game (win or lose) if you go straight on to another game (round 2 if you like) it cheats. Sometimes you are charged up to all 4 downs for just one down. Hopefully they will fix that as it makes it a 1 go game.

The Basketball appears to be just a high score game as there is no computer opponent. Even though the instructions indicate there is. The computer does act as defense but not offense. I presume that is how the original was.

Still love them and they are faithfully reproduced down to the plastic look of the unit. Hopefully they will bring out more but need to address the bugs too.
10-21-2008, 01:18 AM
All I can tell you is that more games are coming out

On the LED Basketball "press" release it says

LED Baseball
LED Soccer
LED Hockey

will all be out at some point

They also mention a "gold" edition of LED football with tons more features (going backwards as well as forwards, to name one)
10-21-2008, 08:04 AM
The developer told that the 2nd quarter thing is a 'weird feature', which here has been speculated as being a simulation of lower power, and that's probably right. The good news is that the developer is planning to have an update out sometime this month to address that issue, as well as the kicking bug (you can kick a field goal from any distance, every time.)