Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-27-2012, 10:04 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Default Tree Art

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollowman View Post
Who are the Superheroes??
P.S. to Hollowman

I'm scrolling through the forum looking for information on dexing and I saw a post about "Tree Art".

You did "Tree Art" with the Gyrus?!!

I saw a picture of that set when I began playing Pocket Frogs, it showed me that much can be created with this game visually. Well-thought-out and put together...elegant. That was a Great set, thank you!

Last edited by javaRich; 01-27-2012 at 10:44 AM.. Reason: format
Old 01-28-2012, 09:26 AM
iPad, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by javaRich View Post
P.S. to Hollowman

I'm scrolling through the forum looking for information on dexing and I saw a post about "Tree Art".

You did "Tree Art" with the Gyrus?!!

I saw a picture of that set when I began playing Pocket Frogs, it showed me that much can be created with this game visually. Well-thought-out and put together...elegant. That was a Great set, thank you!
Thanks for the compliment!

Tree Art is the name of the habitat wallpaper.

The 8 Gyruses are supposed to resemble blue-ringed octopuses in different shades (both skin/ring color), it's not an official set though. I never gave it a name.

and, if you need any frogs do let me know, i'm glad to help!! Have fun

Last edited by hollowman; 01-28-2012 at 09:29 AM..
Old 04-11-2012, 03:14 PM
iPad 2

I am sorry for the slight thread necromancy, but would anyone here have some helpful tips for a new player? I am having fun playing this game with my son, and we are both level 5.

Should I keep my eyes out and catalog certain colors or patterns?
Should I worry about cataloging any of the common level 1-4 frogs I have been accumulating?

Thanks in advance for the answers to the above questions and for any other tips. I appreciate it!

Dave
Plus+ ID: Theamazingdave
Old 04-14-2012, 11:59 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

There are 23 main colors and 16 secondary colors. So you want to catalog or keep on hand in your habitats at least one of each assuming you are working on the achievements. You will also want on hand (or cataloged) one each of all the species you run across.

If you have not run across each color, just keep at it in the pond. There is only one main color (glass) and one secondary color (chroma) that cannot be found in the pond. They rarely occur with certain breeding combinations. I just sent you a Glass Chroma Anura, and now that you have those colors, they breed just like any other.

Eventually you will outgrow the catalog, but you can buy frogs from the Froggydex as well, they are just more expensive. But as you out grow the catalog, you will be able to afford more habitats. Once you have a lot of them you can have pretty much everything you need for breeding anything you want on-hand in your habitats without even needed the catalog or Froggydex.
Old 04-16-2012, 12:16 PM
iPad 2

Thanks very much for the knowledge and the frog, DeanKeith! I have been having fun breeding the Glass Chrome Anura with some of the more unique frogs available to me at level 6.

I am definitely going to start working on the achievements once I get my frogs organized a little better. Fun stuff.

Dave
Old 04-17-2012, 01:55 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

No problem, glad you're having fun with it.

There are also a few species of frogs that don't appear in the pond. Most of those occasionally appear in the Frog Mart as the ones you have to spend potions on rather than coins. I'll send you some of those when I get a chance. I'll keep it level 6 and under so you can actually breed them. But feel free to send me any requests you may have. Giving/trading frogs is just one more fun aspect of the game... and I'm pretty much done with all the in-game goals, and I have more coins and potions than I know what to do with anyway, so I certainly don't mind being generous.

There is a trading thread here that is the perfect place to make requests... lots of generous people in there: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=67189
Old 04-21-2012, 08:15 PM
iPad 2

Thanks a lot for the new goodies, DeanKeith! My son and I were both freaking out as they were rolling in. I am going to head to the trading thread to see if I can help anyone out there.
Old 04-24-2012, 12:34 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

No problem Dave. Glad you enjoyed them.
Old 06-01-2012, 06:17 PM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

Default Start a brand new game?

Sorry if this has been answered before and I missed it. Is it possible to everything and start playing Pocket Frogs from scratch???
Old 07-17-2012, 03:32 PM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doffie View Post
Sorry if this has been answered before and I missed it. Is it possible to everything and start playing Pocket Frogs from scratch???
Ah, yes, answering my own question. A very nice person named Alex at Plus+ deleted my old game so I can start anew.