★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Why is Moxie 2 free today? [Answer found here.]

09-14-2010, 07:47 AM
Why is Moxie 2 free today? [Answer found here.]

Hi everyone, I'm the developer of Moxie 2!

Moxie 2 is the most original word game on the app store. It's a perfect refreshing experience if you're tired of the Nth variation of "unscramble the letters" and want to try something totally new.

The original Moxie game is an app store classic with over 200,000 downloads and over 10,000,000 games having been played.

So why is Moxie 2 free on the iTunes App Store today?

It's to celebrate the launch of our new website where everyone can play Moxie 2 online for free!

play.MoxieWordGame.com

Please tell your friends to download Moxie 2 today and visit our new website.

This is the first time that the full version of Moxie 2 has ever been free, and it may not happen again for a long time. So tweet about it, post it on your Facebook wall, tell your friends, and keep this thread active so that as many people hear about it as possible. It's a great way to show that you appreciate getting a amazing game for free!

P.S. We have already changed our price on the app store, but it may not show up as free for a couple of hours. Don't worry, it really is going to be free today!

Christopher York
Blue Ox Technologies Ltd.
09-14-2010, 07:55 AM
well free in the german store now - so just grabbed it

thanks

Stop viewing Signatures
->editoptions->Scroll down to "Thread Display Options"->Uncheck "Show Signatures"->Scroll down, hit "Save Changes"

09-14-2010, 08:17 AM
It's also FREE in the U.S. Store!
09-14-2010, 09:10 AM
I loved Moxie, I can't count the number of hours I played it, so when I saw Moxie 2 was free, I couldn't believe it and snatched it up immediately. I haven't fired up M2 yet to know what the differences are, but thank you for making it free!
09-14-2010, 10:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZureaL View Post
I loved Moxie, I can't count the number of hours I played it, so when I saw Moxie 2 was free, I couldn't believe it and snatched it up immediately. I haven't fired up M2 yet to know what the differences are, but thank you for making it free!
Hi Zureal,

Once you get a chance to play, please let me know what you think.

Thanks,

Christopher York
09-14-2010, 01:36 PM
Hi everyone,

Who's tried the online version of Moxie 2 today? What do you think?

Share and enjoy,

Christopher York
09-14-2010, 03:17 PM
played the online version... cool game, mate! (533 pts) interesting approach to the wordgame genre!
Def will pick this up for my Touch. I always would like to see a german dictionary implemented, is it in german also?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatusernameistaken
There's this thing they invented way back in the 80's, it's called a "Joke". You may want to look into it...
Instagram: i5_david, feel free to add me

Last edited by ipod_david; 09-14-2010 at 03:21 PM.
09-14-2010, 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipod_david View Post
played the online version... cool game, mate! (533 pts) interesting approach to the wordgame genre!
Def will pick this up for my Touch. I always would like to see a german dictionary implemented, is it in german also?
Hi David,

Sorry a German version is not available right now, but I am considering adding more languages in the near future.

Thanks,

Christopher York
09-14-2010, 04:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue ox View Post
Hi everyone,

Who's tried the online version of Moxie 2 today? What do you think?

Share and enjoy,
Hey Ox,

haven't played the browser version yet, but I just played Moxie2 for iPhone for the first time. It's really cool! I'm gonna recommend it to my family and friends! Is there anyway for us to compare our scores directly? Have you thought of adding Openfeint or Game Center?

One bonus I find of Openfeint over Game Center is that Game Center only works on iPhones 3GS or newer. I play Words With Friends and Flick Kick Football against my girlfriend's dad and he's still using a 1st Gen iPhone.

Thanks for making such a fun game!

-jake
09-14-2010, 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shovelware View Post
Hey Ox,

haven't played the browser version yet, but I just played Moxie2 for iPhone for the first time. It's really cool! I'm gonna recommend it to my family and friends! Is there anyway for us to compare our scores directly? Have you thought of adding Openfeint or Game Center?

One bonus I find of Openfeint over Game Center is that Game Center only works on iPhones 3GS or newer. I play Words With Friends and Flick Kick Football against my girlfriend's dad and he's still using a 1st Gen iPhone.

Thanks for making such a fun game!

-jake
Hi Jake,

At the moment I'm not planning add OpenFeint, which I've already looked into. I have not had enough time to research Game Center to make a decision on that yet.

I'm really glad you like Moxie and yes, please do tell your friends and family!

Sincerely,

Christopher York