★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Air hockey ....... with GUNS!!!

Shuffle your puck around the air hockey board against crazy smack universe characters by shooting your gun.

* Lots of powerups
* Fun enemy AI
* Great atmosphere
* Fantastic sound effects and music
* Innovative take on air hockey

freedog's comments:

09-14-2010, 09:24 PM
It looks just like Crossfire!

09-14-2010, 09:28 PM
Of course, another game + guns. This actually looks kinda fun.

Upcoming Games: CJS2, Racing Apex, High Strangeness, Dino Run, Super Feed Me, Mimeo and the Kleptopus King, Loot, Run Run Dash, Pogo Rampage, Burrito Bison, Star Saver, Pocket Cars, Rock Rider, THEM, Prince of Europa, Epic Dive, One Tap Hero
09-14-2010, 10:28 PM
It sayin the video iPhone and iPad, is this universal? Also, any two player mode?

Edit...I see where it is universal.

Last edited by BazookaTime; 09-14-2010 at 10:37 PM.
09-14-2010, 11:05 PM
I just got this and tried it out for about 15 minutes, only played until I unlocked the second opponent so I may comment more later. In my opinion so far it's a fun game, $.99... no complaints really with that price. But the game does need a little more polish, sometimes when you shoot at the puck while it's moving it doesn't seem to register and your bullet goes right through the puck like its invincible. That needs to be fixed for better response.

The controls are good enough overall though. To use the gun you use a slider at the bottom of the screen to turn and aim the gun and a fire button to shoot. The slider could be slightly smoother but it works.

The sound is good. Graphics are fine I suppose, not crystal clear but ok. This game would be really cool if they added more modes/content to it. It's fun to play right now and was worth the $.99 (to me at least) but it appears to be more of a pickup and play game when it could be something much more with new modes/more content added. It's definitely a good start to a game though, and I like the concept.

Now Playing: iStunt 2, Monster Trouble, Zombie Runaway, Stylish Sprint, Grim Joggers, Holy Moly Dragons, Fight Night Champion, NBA Jam, Rat On a Skateboard, Puzzle Quest 2, Jungool, Super Stick Golf, Smoody, Gravity Guy.
09-15-2010, 01:13 AM
Send a message via MSN to Thomas Lund Send a message via Yahoo to Thomas Lund Send a message via Skype™ to Thomas Lund
Hey guys,

Developer here!!!

Happy you like it so far! And we are sooooo happy its out there too :-D

This game is heavily inspired by crossfire, shufflepuck cafe and airhockey in general. A modern mix of these games.

Shoot away with feedback and we will as usual support this and (depending on popularity) add new content to it. So recommend to your friends and lets take it away :-D

The longer story of this:
The game prototype has been sitting in the drawer for many years. We are a small groupd of developers who met up and decided to test Unity as an engine, and thus decided to pick some simple game mechanics and see how fast it could be implemented.

We are talking February/March 2008 here.

The prototype took a few days to make. A more polished version a few weeks. And then we had decided to use Unity, the prototype went into a drawer and had been sitting there for ages. Sometimes popping up and we decided to rework small parts.

Hell - we even got picked up by Touch Arcade in the veeeeery early days. The game was called "Balls of Steel" at that point in time. We had some "fun" exchanges with Apogee's lawyers about that. Different story :-)

http://toucharcade.com/2008/05/18/ne...ace-to-iphone/

Anyways - enjoy the game!!! And give us feedback please!! The game is certainly priced to please everyone as much as possible

/Thomas

Thomas Hentschel Lund - Full Control ApS
ElectroCute, Smack Boxing, TouchWars, Monster Ball, Smack Hockey, Tactical Soldier, Frontline Tactics, Space Hulk
09-15-2010, 01:23 AM
So is there a two player mode here? The iPad screen size would be perfect for it.
09-15-2010, 01:28 AM
Send a message via MSN to Thomas Lund Send a message via Yahoo to Thomas Lund Send a message via Skype™ to Thomas Lund
No - the game is in version 1 single player vs AI. No split screen or networked multiplayer.

But split screen iPad - hmmmmm - good idea :-)

/Thomas

ElectroCute, Smack Boxing, TouchWars, Monster Ball, Smack Hockey, Tactical Soldier, Frontline Tactics, Space Hulk
01-02-2011, 04:07 AM
Game is free for a day!

http://itunes.apple.com/app/consume-mobile-isp-packages/id335460420?mt=8

Go grab and have fun!

Happy new year