★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: "I'm very surprised about this game. It's polished and designed with love of details. [..]" - iTunes review, speed4mee

"The best drawing game so far. Really test your reaction and focus. Thumbs up!" - iTunes review, littledgs

Would you like to see something really new in the the world of line drawing games?
We present to you the Craft Control and give you the chance to make your own strategy! Key elements of the game are: money, shop, upgrades, multiple checkpoints, strategy, random events and gifts.

Feature list:
-retina display support
-8 maps with different gameplay experience
-opportunities for strategic decisions
-fascinating and animated graphics
-terrain is affecting your speed
-interactive world
-random events
-extra bonus points
-extra offers for even more cash (rarely)
-multi-checkpoint system
-ships getting bogged (but you can push them off)
-online and local high scores
-supports facebook

http://istomgames.com (video & more information)

Esteban's comments:
YouTube: video

Craft Control Lite: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/craft-control-lite/id391090885?mt=8
09-15-2010, 02:29 PM
Why the hell would somebody, like MikeGenius give a one star for this game?

Did you even try?

The game is cool. I rated it 5 star.

Last edited by Therealtrebitsch; 09-16-2010 at 05:13 PM.

09-15-2010, 02:36 PM
But of course, having already covered land and air, it only made sense you guys would bring this to the water!

I'm liking the new concepts of upgrades and random events and can't wait to see it all in person tonight once I get home.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
09-15-2010, 03:38 PM
09-15-2010, 03:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban View Post
YouTube: video
Call me slow but am I right in assuming a map from this game and one from Desert Rally are paying tribute to a recently concluded television series?

My iTunes Reviews
09-15-2010, 04:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
Call me slow but am I right in assuming a map from this game and one from Desert Rally are paying tribute to a recently concluded television series?
I'm sorry! Unfortunately, I do not understand what you write.
What do you think?
09-15-2010, 04:16 PM
Quote:
I'm sorry! Unfortunately, I do not understand what you write.
What do you think?
Does "Secret Place" have anything to do with the TV show Lost?

My iTunes Reviews
09-15-2010, 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
Does "Secret Place" have anything to do with the TV show Lost?
Ohhhhhhhhh, understand. Nothing contact...Although if it assists the sales ....
09-15-2010, 04:28 PM
Quote:
Ohhhhhhhhh, understand. Nothing contact...Although if it assists the sales ....
I'm willing to bet the connection is only in my mind having just recently started watching the now finished show.

In Desert Rally the "A Bad Place" seemed like there was some inside joke behind the map I just didn't get...but was intrigued by all the same.

My iTunes Reviews
09-15-2010, 10:15 PM
Game Impressions

This game rocks hard!

This continues the Istom series of games (Plane Control and Desert Rally) with the same basic concept of routing vehicles to their color coded destinations (often with multiple checkpoints) until they reach their destination and disappear. This time your doing it in a variety of small boats (sailing boats, speed boats, and little yachts to name a few).

Even though this takes place in the water, it almost keeps a sense of Desert Rally's off road fun via sand banks (you can travel over some of them with just a slight slow down but trying to cut it too close to land can get you stuck).

You also have the added challenge of fast moving big ships out of your control you'll need to be sure to avoid (even before they come on screen you'll see the route they'll be taking on screen and can plan accordingly to avoid).

Unlike the previous games in this series, this time around it's all about the money! Having your ships quickly hit their waypoints nets you cash and points whereas running aground and or running into other ships will deduct cash (thankfully not points which can only go up but I'm not sure what happens if you completely run out of cash). What is the point of all of this cash? Every so often the game will give you the opportunity to buy upgrades. Beyond the real classic stuff like extra lives (you lose one life with each crash) and speeding up your craft are some more clever cash related ones like Insurance (only pay a small fraction of the penalty for a crash) or a Loyalty Card (get all future upgrades at a 20% discount).

Once you have finally gone through all of your lives you'll receive an end score of all of your points plus your current cash (although this is usually minimal to nothing for me after I've paid all of my crash fines).

5+/5!

My iTunes Reviews