★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Blog Post: Outsourcing For Fun & Profit

09-15-2010, 01:50 PM
Send a message via MSN to MindJuice Send a message via Skype™ to MindJuice
Blog Post: Outsourcing For Fun & Profit

Here is my new blog post that may be of interest to devs considering outsourcing:

http://www.mindjuice.net/2010/09/14/...for-fun-profit
09-15-2010, 09:35 PM
That's some great info you got there especially about the prices. Not bad!

09-15-2010, 09:37 PM
Very well-written post! There is a lot of great information here.

However, I must say that there are a lot of competent freelance artists, coders, and musicians on these very boards (I like to think that I might be one of them.) Before you go to a service like ELance, consider posting a request on TouchArcade.
09-15-2010, 11:56 PM
nice blog post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevolvingDoor View Post

However, I must say that there are a lot of competent freelance artists, coders, and musicians on these very boards (I like to think that I might be one of them.) Before you go to a service like ELance, consider posting a request on TouchArcade.

well but one should consider elane & co as big platform where you can actualy choose from a broad quantity of artists with real qualification

most of the stuff posted on ta is barely amateur. sure there are a few gems here and there but thoose are usualy companies and individuals you will also find on such sites.
09-16-2010, 12:59 PM
Send a message via MSN to MindJuice Send a message via Skype™ to MindJuice
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevolvingDoor View Post

That's a very good point to bring up. Price is also not the only factor to consider when choosing a provider.

Although I have found several skilled artists on Elance, creativity and commitment are also important. Those are harder to find on Elance.

I mentioned him in the article, but I'll point out again, that I found Kip Ayers on Elance.com, and he is an INCREDIBLE illustrator. Definitely check him out if you need fantasy illustration work.
09-18-2010, 07:59 AM
nice one!

it's a pleasure to learn and I definitely learned quite a bit from you post. thank you.
09-18-2010, 03:48 PM
it's especially useful if you're a pure coder like me.
I think it's much easier to outsource the art/music than the entire programming job.
12-28-2010, 06:47 AM
Outsourcing for Fun & Profit

Hi..

I do have experience as a Freelancer for about + 5 years. I tried almost all of the freelancing portals and have good feed backs on Guru.com, Elance and 99Desk.com.

After my experience of 5 years, the conclusion is: these website can give you a way to work. Its all upto you how to make money of them.

But if you wish to earn real money, always direct contact will be fruitful.
12-30-2010, 12:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MindJuice View Post
Here is my new blog post that may be of interest to devs considering outsourcing:

http://www.mindjuice.net/2010/09/14/...for-fun-profit
good post!

my question is what's to stop the lancers from stealing your idea and putting it out there first?
12-30-2010, 12:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by layzerboy View Post
good post!

my question is what's to stop the lancers from stealing your idea and putting it out there first?

LOL...thats the reason there is this thing called secrecy.. you don't tell anybody about your next super million dollar hit.. that ensures it that all the imaginary money.. stay with you and your imaginary friends..

at one point people should understand.. that no one fu**ing cares about ideas of others.. especially not in this business..

its not about ideas its about execution.. what do you think happens? you hire an freelancer then he takes your prescious idea into his dark castle and let his missions do a clone.. and even release it before YOU!...

that would be horrible.. like the pink elephants flying through the streets right now... i hate them.. they always make fartsy noises..

ahh wait.. i should have turned on reality.. click.. ahh.. better

again no one wants to steal your ideas.. they rather steal your money.

if you hire someone you usualy set up an contract regulation everything in advance..

and if all hell breaks loose you'll find yourself in court next to your former evil villian you hired.. lets hope he doesnt win the case.. think about all the millions lost... and the poor children who will buy the knockoff version on the appstore.. brr

Last edited by mr.Ugly; 12-30-2010 at 12:48 AM.