★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Belowscape Update comming...

03-10-2009, 08:03 AM
Belowscape Update comming...

It seem's that an update to Belowscape is on its way...
The website http://www.belowscape.com/ is already featuring new screenshots and an online highscore

http://appshopper.com/search/?search=Belowscape

EDIT: I just wanted to make clear that I'm in no way associated with 10tons, the developers. I asked them to participate in this forum though...

Add me: GameCenter: Crypton72
Agon|CloudCell|GameloftLive!|OpenFeint|Plus+: Crypton
Proud Member of Touch Arcaders Against Piracy!
Follow me on Twitter!

Last edited by Crypton; 03-10-2009 at 08:17 AM.
03-10-2009, 08:33 AM
Eager to get on the leaderboards are we?

Well you sure are quick ! Well done. We just updated the site this morning and not long after find you posting for us here.

Indeed a big update is currently under review by apple and it should be out any minute now... We are eager to present the great new version here on the forum when its live in appStore.

So stay tuned and see you on the road to be the Retrospace's next top Pilot!

-10tons team

03-10-2009, 08:43 AM
I might actually buy this if the controls are better. I played the lite version and hated it simply because the controls were terrible. Everything else was fantastic and it was like having a mini Geometry Wars.

Will the update be applied to the lite version as well so I can try it out again before purchasing?
03-11-2009, 01:47 AM
Picked this up earlier and I must say I'm impressed.

Was a lot of fun, I'll be keeping this one around.

It does have a lot of room for improvement, but what is there is polished and very nicely done.

Online leader boards would add a good sense of competition to the game, even in it's current form.

Not sure if it was my eyes playing tricks, but the black background seemed to become painted with a slightly lighter black background as objects (enemies, bullets, you) moved across the screen. This isn't a bad thing, but it was interesting.

Overall, good value for 99 cents, I don't regret the purchase at all.

Web Designer & Developer since 1999.

Games I highly recommend: CozyQuest, Gemmed, Jabeh, Blue Defense, Blue Attack, geoDefense, Hospital Havoc
03-11-2009, 07:47 AM
I had put this game back in my library, waiting for it to be updated. I think it may be time to dust that baby off and give it another try
03-11-2009, 05:50 PM
Update is out!!

... and I'm in the online leaderboards

EDIT: I just wanted to check if any update is out before I'm hitting the bed... Now it seems that I'm not getting any sleep tonight.... and I have a three hour drive tomorrow evening....

Follow me on Twitter!

Last edited by Crypton; 03-11-2009 at 05:53 PM.
03-12-2009, 04:31 AM
I have some questions regarding the online leaderboards.

I've noticed (and I approve) that only the highest score is posted.
My question is how does the server distinguish between users, or better how is it verified that noone steals my name?
Device-ID? or even better device-ID + Name? That way different people playing on my iDevice would be able to place their highscore on the online leaderboards.

Follow me on Twitter!
03-12-2009, 04:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gd3 View Post
I might actually buy this if the controls are better. I played the lite version and hated it simply because the controls were terrible. Everything else was fantastic and it was like having a mini Geometry Wars.

Will the update be applied to the lite version as well so I can try it out again before purchasing?
There's a Lite version???? I can't find it on the App Store.... Only the full version (albeit only $0.99)
The controls look similar to iDracula?
03-12-2009, 04:51 AM
The new version lets you choose.
Either tilt (for either the ship or the fireing direction or both) or touch or virtual joysticks.

Follow me on Twitter!
03-12-2009, 05:39 AM
For now, the lite version is unavailable. We decided that we want to concentrate on the full version.