★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: WarChesst HD is an action arcade styled game of Chess based in the era of World War 2. Levels include full HD 3D environments and units ranging from land, sea and air combining random battle sequences, delivering the ultimate chess combat experience.

Features include:

- 3D WW2 depiction of Chess
- Multiple visual themes including Land, Sea and Air
- Full HD 3D rendition of scenes and Units with visual FX
- Random Combat
- 3 Levels of AI difficulty suitable for most levels of player
- Single player mode vs AI
- Turn based Two player mode (human vs human)
- Amazing audio and 3D Spatial sound
- Win campaign ribbons on completion of battle campaigns
- Helper Mode to show novices where pieces can move
- Swap between Chess and Military Insignias for unit recognition.
- Rules of chess (and controls) included in an animated visual tutorial.
- Additional content coming soon

ImNoSuperMan's comments:
iPad Screenshots:
(click to enlarge)

iPhone Version : http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=67159
09-15-2010, 09:52 PM
looks slick, couldn't find a gameplay movie on their site

09-15-2010, 09:58 PM
First I thought, crap another game that I need to purchase on iPad.. Then I feared the price, only to see $0.99? Instant buy!
09-15-2010, 11:54 PM
curious to see what you think, it LOOKS polished, but how are animations? gameplay?
09-16-2010, 01:16 PM
Says "not currently available in US store" from the ipad link. I tried searching for it too & nothing came up. Am I missing something? Anyone else get it to open?
09-16-2010, 01:23 PM
looks like it was taken down for some reason.
09-16-2010, 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by balicus View Post
Says "not currently available in US store" from the ipad link. I tried searching for it too & nothing came up. Am I missing something? Anyone else get it to open?
It was there last night. I almost bought it. I wanted to wait for impressions first, though.

Xbox Gamertag & Game Center: CzarCastic
09-16-2010, 06:58 PM
I bought it last night.
I've only played a couple games, but so far I like it.
The A.I. is a little on the easy side, and the camera controls need a work (there is no way to scroll the camera that I could find)- but I think it's a great game.

My devices: iPad, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS; 4G iPod Touch; iPhone 3G; & finally, 1G iPhone
09-20-2010, 02:26 PM
Hi all,

And thanks for buying our game !!!!

Although due to a mistake on our part it should not have been released yet as we were going to wait until our website and facebook page were up and fully running hence why it is not available on the store at the moment - didn't realize that people had bought it in the few hours it as on sale - so thanks again.

So you have had a chance of a quick preview and many thanks for the nice comments.

Just to pick up on a few comments that I have seen, there is an animated controls section that explains the basic interface - but I'll cover it quickly here:

1) you can select a unit on your side and rotate around it
2) you can double tap anywhere on the board to move the camera
3) You can also pinch to zoom in and out
4) theres a camera reset button on bottom bar beside the stars (stars open options menu)

You can find out more info pictures and movies on our facebook page (WarChesst) and website (that still is not quite finished).

We currently have WarChesst ready for launch on iPhone / iPod and also on iPad for $0.99

However....

we also have a free version coming out for iPod and iPad - which is a special edition single level commemorating the 70th Anniversary of the Battle of Britain - but please check the facebook page or website for more information. Should be ready for launch within the next 10 days!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2010.09.17 17.35.31.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	115.0 KB
ID:	23077   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2010.09.17 17.36.26.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.2 KB
ID:	23078  
09-20-2010, 03:41 PM
Release Update?

Looking forward to this one. When are you planning on releasing it?