★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

How do you feel on full price mobile games like adventures of pip?

07-27-2015, 05:05 PM
How do you feel on full price mobile games like adventures of pip?

As in the mobile price is the same as other places. Personally I think the mobile price should be LOWER then other places. The reason for this is that it's a better port in the sense that, for example, I'm playing with a controller on my Wii U, on a TV screen. The iPhone or iPad though does not have a controller. What do you guys think though?
07-27-2015, 05:28 PM

07-27-2015, 06:13 PM
Well, as long as the game has the same amount of content and has the same quality of a console game, I find it okay, also, there's controllers for iOS (you can even use a Dual Shock 4)
07-27-2015, 06:14 PM
I think that if there is the same amount of content and the controls work well (not using Adventures of Pip as referente) the price should be the same
07-27-2015, 06:38 PM
When buy a console, you're also buying controllers. If you want controllers, you can buy them for iOS too. If you prefer direct touch... the console won't give you that option.

So console games should cost less, to compensate you for requiring a controller

Morgan Adams (GameCenter: “Adams Immersive”)
My upcoming first game: Scree (Forum thread)
My upcoming VR horror experience: This is Not the Church of the Worm (Forum thread)
My first app: DotSpace (Forum thread)
07-27-2015, 07:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spader623 View Post
As in the mobile price is the same as other places. Personally I think the mobile price should be LOWER then other places. The reason for this is that it's a better port in the sense that, for example, I'm playing with a controller on my Wii U, on a TV screen. The iPhone or iPad though does not have a controller. What do you guys think though?
I think developers should only release to mobile when their game stops selling on every other platform.
07-27-2015, 07:45 PM
I think it's more widely accepted that iOS games should be lower than their PC/Console versions. I don't expect this trend to change much.

For me though, if a mobile game is also available on Steam I'd probably buy it on Steam, regardless of price, assuming it's better designed for PC (not talking about games like Geometry Dash where it feels natural on a mobile). I think games that are designed just for mobile tend to be more enjoyable than ports.

I bought baldur's gate for my iPad and deleted it simply because I didn't like the controls, not because I didn't like the game. I have some fond memories of playing BG 1 and 2 back on my PC years ago.
07-27-2015, 09:32 PM
The games only $10 and also was on sale when it was first launched

Bold move but I hope it pays off for them as in my view ios games are so cheap anyway. Prices should be higher
07-27-2015, 11:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
The games only $10 and also was on sale when it was first launched

Bold move but I hope it pays off for them as in my view ios games are so cheap anyway. Prices should be higher
I'm using this as an example because it's $15, same as steam. I don't think I've ever seen another iOS game be the same on steam and consoles. Anyway, I'm not against iOS games being pricier. Oh no, not at all... But, in my personal opinion, they're of a lesser quality then console versions/PC, partially because while yes you can get a controller, that's just extra money. PS4 has a controller, PC, Etc. iOS you have to use extra. Do you guys get what I mean?
07-28-2015, 01:03 AM
I think this is an interesting question, and I can see where you're coming from, but I don't really agree with your point of view. The way I see it, macs/pcs and consoles are cool, but limited to one place, where mobile is, well, mobile. Since we've come to a point in technology where we can actually have a great gaming experience on our devices, I don't really think there should be much of a price difference.

However, since the market is saturated with great titles at really competetive prices, its harder for me to spend 15$ on one game when I can buy two or three high quality games for the same amount. For example, after reading pip's review, I considered buying it, but seeing the price, I opted instead to buy "her story", then "deathwatch", and even "shadowrun dragonfall", which I had missed completely. All of this for 13$. I didn't buy them all at once, of course, but these are the last three games I purchased.

So, while I agree that hard work should be rewarded with a fair price, as a costumer, I will look to better deals first.