Support our Sponsors:

Old Today, 03:18 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 8.x

Default What happened to Mad Acorn?

The rhythm-based running game, Mad Acorn. It was released in the App Store in 2011. I think this is when I purchased it for $2.99. It used to work fine on my iPad 3. I haven't played it for a while. Now when I try opening the game on my iPad mini 2 running iOS 8.1, it crashes on start-up. I've never had apps crash on my iPad mini before.

I decided to check the App Store for the game to leave a review or contact support but wasn't able to find it. I checked the web but I only found numerous reviews on the app but no other info. So I decided to check App Annie and found out that it has been removed from the App Store. No reason given.

Anyway, anyone know why? Does anyone have the app and can tell me if it also crashes for them? I assume it has to do with iOS 8. The game needs an iOS 8 support update but I don't think it will happen. This is really annoying. I don't care if an app is no longer in the App Store but it should be working at least, especially a paid app.

Last edited by Someone900; Today at 03:20 AM..
Old Today, 03:41 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Contact the dev. Did a quick google and they have a facebook page
Old Today, 04:22 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

You can't expect devs to support their games for all eternity. Updating and keeping them on the AppStore costs money and once a game's sales go down to a level the dev can't up them again there's no point in further supporting the game.
Old Today, 04:25 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Someone900 View Post
This is really annoying. I don't care if an app is no longer in the App Store but it should be working at least, especially a paid app.
I agree with the post above. You can't expect a $3 game which probably doesn't sell anymore to have updates forever

Think it's always risky to update the os as well specially if you have lots of old apps