★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Pocket Frogs Trading Thread

05-23-2012, 07:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlstar View Post
Greetings all :-) Thanks to everyone who has sent gifts recently, as usual they are all received with joy!

I'm now 'dexing Amfractus if anyone is interested ;-)

I'm also fighting addictions to new games - Lil' Kingdom (upside down Tiny Tower clone but I love it!) and TribeZ. They are sucking up huge amounts of my game time so I won't be gifting as much until I get sick of them. Also being frustrated with all the new dragons in Dragonvale... damn I wish it was easier some days!!

hope everyone's having a good day,

cheers, Dlstar.
Are you my twin? Lol!! I could have wrote your post. Those are the exact games I play as well! Do you despise the princess yet? And good luck with emerald!

Ok, back to topic. Thanks for all the gifts Dom, Kat, Danjarus, and Annuaia, and anyone I forgot. I still have the sets if someone wants them whole or part.

Plus+id-cooperd03
Gamecenter id-flip1329

Last edited by Flip1329; 05-23-2012 at 08:39 AM.
05-23-2012, 09:30 AM
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 292
Plus+

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisianne View Post
Everyone who has played PF knows that one's Friends list can disappear from time to time. I've reconstructed it more times than I can count. Eventually, though, if one is patient, it reappears.

My problem is that the messages or descriptions below a player's name disappear. That's annoying. What's more distressing is that when I try to view a Neighbor's habs when I can't see descriptions, every few times the program just closes & there is no way I can do it. If I delete a person & add them back, the entire list is replaced by this one person & the problem still isn't solved.

This issue does not interfere with receiving or giving gifts so I could play, I assume, if I just decided to forgo peoples' descriptions but I often need to know someone's status (i.e.. did they get this week's set?) so it's important to me.

I've tried everything:

1) exiting PF
2) closing all other open programs after exiting from PF, then opening again
3) turning off iPhone with programs opened, none open but PF, none open

The only thing which *always* works is deleting PF & downloading, logging in again. This would be OK if I only had to do it every month or so but it's becoming more frequent. Three days ago I had to delete your program & again this morning. It's gone from mildly annoying to frustrating.

Needless to say my iPhone 4s, latest OS (I had the problem at time of the prior Apple update so it's not the update), latest version of PF, is not jailbroken or altered in any way. My apps are fairly standard & take up but a fraction of available RAM (so it's not a space issue).

(I posted this on NB Support Forum but I'm not certain anyone there can help me - you guys have a LOT more collective experience with all things PF-related). Thanks for any help you can provide.
Hi Lisianne,

I've had the same problem as well. What I've been doing recently to solve the disappearing Friends list on Pocket Frogs involves two other Nimblebit/Plus+ games I have installed on my iPhone.

I have Dizzypad, Moon Drop and Pocket Frogs on the phone. All three share an identical list of Plus+ Friends and info. When the Pocket Frogs list starts acting up I sign into Dizzypad and/or Moon Drop then wait for Plus+ to update itself to the most recent Plus+ information I have on Pocket Frogs which is the game I play most on the phone.

When I return to Pocket Frogs the Neighbors/Friends list is intact and works properly. I don't have to re-build the Friends list or delete then re-install Pocket Frogs. Hope this is helpful!

Game Center: javar1ch
Level 47 • FroggyDex is 53% completed
Working on Nimbilis

Last edited by javaRich; 05-23-2012 at 09:34 AM. Reason: Edit

05-23-2012, 11:55 AM
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: Somewhere else
Posts: 1,082
Thanks so much, java, for taking the time to respond to my question. Nice to think I'm not alone but even nicer to find a solution short of uninstalling PF which always frightens me just a bit.

I've d/led Dizzypads & logged in. Not looking for another game at this point, though. When it reoccurs, I'll try your solution. Easier to gamble with a game in which I have nothing invested than with one I've been playing for over a year.

I do keep up with/read this thread at least every other day but, even when I was writing here on a regular basis, I really was always an outlier, never a 'dexer. Essentially missing that special, dedicated "gamer" gene.

One thing I appreciate is knowing who already has a set so when I have a set to gift I can send it on to someone who doesn't already have it. Some people put that info in their descriptions like me but with most, unless they post here, it's a guessing game.

So, thanks again java for your assistance. And thanks to the many of you here who continue to trade with me (Shasta, Dom, Elektra, Snappy, Andi, Laura, danj, Nirtew, & dlstar, among others). Your gifting moderation allows me to play PF without feeling stressed - to enjoy the game.


Quote:
Originally Posted by javaRich View Post
Hi Lisianne,

I've had the same problem as well. What I've been doing recently to solve the disappearing Friends list on Pocket Frogs involves two other Nimblebit/Plus+ games I have installed on my iPhone.

I have Dizzypad, Moon Drop and Pocket Frogs on the phone. All three share an identical list of Plus+ Friends and info. When the Pocket Frogs list starts acting up I sign into Dizzypad and/or Moon Drop then wait for Plus+ to update itself to the most recent Plus+ information I have on Pocket Frogs which is the game I play most on the phone.

When I return to Pocket Frogs the Neighbors/Friends list is intact and works properly. I don't have to re-build the Friends list or delete then re-install Pocket Frogs. Hope this is helpful!

GC= lisianne
05-23-2012, 03:04 PM
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisianne View Post

I do keep up with/read this thread at least every other day but, even when I was writing here on a regular basis, I really was always an outlier, never a 'dexer. Essentially missing that special, dedicated "gamer" gene.

One thing I appreciate is knowing who already has a set so when I have a set to gift I can send it on to someone who doesn't already have it. Some people put that info in their descriptions like me but with most, unless they post here, it's a guessing game.
Wasn't a 'dexer myself until I joined the forum, it's good to see you are still playing!

Game Center: javar1ch
Level 47 • FroggyDex is 53% completed
Working on Nimbilis
05-23-2012, 08:38 PM
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 115
lisianne, I have also experienced the exact same bug where I could see neighbors, but no info and couldn't enter their habitats.

Then one day due to a network glitch, I got signed out of Plus+. When I signed back in, all was fixed. It hasn't happened again to test if logging out, and back in on Plus+ is always a fix, but it's worth a try.

javaRich's fix of logging into Plus+ from another game probably does a similar thing with their network as logging out, and back in from Pocket Frogs, so it seems like a plausible solution, and possibly less steps than having to switch games.

Dean Keith on GameCenter
◊ Please support The Addams Family Pinball Kickstarter
05-23-2012, 08:54 PM
Thanks to Dom for the four Blue, a Violet, a White and a Black Puncti!,
JavaRich for a Marine Biplex,
Gracesqx for an Emerald Bulla,

and anyone else who sent gifts!

A good evening to everyone.

SnappyMcfrog
•Lvl 44 'dex: 53% •100% of Anura-Marinus, Stellata, Calvaria-Signum, Tessera, Emblema, Fortuno.
05-24-2012, 05:42 AM
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: North Queensland, Australia
Posts: 499
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flip1329 View Post
Are you my twin? Lol!! I could have wrote your post. Those are the exact games I play as well! Do you despise the princess yet? And good luck with emerald!

Ok, back to topic. Thanks for all the gifts Dom, Kat, Danjarus, and Annuaia, and anyone I forgot. I still have the sets if someone wants them whole or part.
The princess doesn't bother me much, I like the bonuses and those powerhouse floors they get you! Emerald dragon is killing me, currently have 14 and 48 hour fails breeding. Still only have one Panlong, and I gave up and bought a plasma.

Now, to get back on topic (;-)) must go and see what this weeks set is! Almost forgot it was Thursday....

Cheers, dlstar.
05-24-2012, 06:12 AM
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 1,293
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisianne View Post
Thanks so much, java, for taking the time to respond to my question. Nice to think I'm not alone but even nicer to find a solution short of uninstalling PF which always frightens me just a bit.

I've d/led Dizzypads & logged in. Not looking for another game at this point, though. When it reoccurs, I'll try your solution. Easier to gamble with a game in which I have nothing invested than with one I've been playing for over a year.

I do keep up with/read this thread at least every other day but, even when I was writing here on a regular basis, I really was always an outlier, never a 'dexer. Essentially missing that special, dedicated "gamer" gene.

One thing I appreciate is knowing who already has a set so when I have a set to gift I can send it on to someone who doesn't already have it. Some people put that info in their descriptions like me but with most, unless they post here, it's a guessing game.

So, thanks again java for your assistance. And thanks to the many of you here who continue to trade with me (Shasta, Dom, Elektra, Snappy, Andi, Laura, danj, Nirtew, & dlstar, among others). Your gifting moderation allows me to play PF without feeling stressed - to enjoy the game.
I also have the same issues and never looked into a solution other than patience. I will try Java's suggestion and provide the results.

On another note, I have less than 500 to go in my quest to join the 100% club. Working on the lowest level breeds for completion so I am sorry if I am gifting them.

Plus ID & GC ID: domenic15.
Working on my golf game, and weekly sets. Dexing beige color,16 at a time, with every new breed.
Dex@67% Level 53
05-24-2012, 09:13 AM
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: Defiance
Posts: 2,651
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domenic15 View Post
On another note, I have less than 500 to go in my quest to join the 100% club. Working on the lowest level breeds for completion so I am sorry if I am gifting them.
Way to go Domenic. You are almost there and waiting for the victory annoucement 499,498,497,496.......

GC dean288367
05-24-2012, 11:18 AM
Hi Guys,

Resisted the urge to get involved with Pocket Frogs but now made the jump.

If anyone has any helpful tips or stuff they can send my way to help me get going i'd be grateful !

Cheers,
Nick.

Plus+ ID: nickmorgs99