★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Urban Tycoon v1.1

10-21-2008, 04:08 AM
Urban Tycoon v1.1

It's recently been updated. Anyone tried the update? I've withstood this app because of all the bad reviews (particularly the one on slidetoplay). In the description the dev says he's added 'UI enhancements, economy fixes, building descriptions, new buildings, new city and minor bug fixes'. It still doesn't sound like simcity to me, and i might not get it at all, just wait for simcity.
10-21-2008, 04:49 AM
Yup, I'm waiting for Sim City as well

10-21-2008, 07:44 AM
i dont like the addition of the the fact that i can only play 5 turns a minute..that alters the gameplay a lot..basically i skip 5 turns and then build, then skip 5 turns and then build

1.1 is a lot better than 1.0

there does need to be a HUD like interface up in the corner, or better yet, at the top where your population is, and income, a meter for electricity, pollution, crime, and water since those are now part of the game
10-21-2008, 07:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITrocks View Post
It's recently been updated. Anyone tried the update? I've withstood this app because of all the bad reviews (particularly the one on slidetoplay). In the description the dev says he's added 'UI enhancements, economy fixes, building descriptions, new buildings, new city and minor bug fixes'. It still doesn't sound like simcity to me, and i might not get it at all, just wait for simcity.
Slidetoplay has reviewed the updated version and still don't endorse it in any way....
10-21-2008, 07:53 AM
I think the developer is running out of time. He needs to get 2.0 out before SimCity is released if he is to gain any popularity at all. Once SimCity is out, i think EA's polish will definitly outclass his app (no offense to him). People who might not like EA's price of SimCity (perhaps this is the app to break the 9.99 barrier) may rather buy his app, but depending on whether EA messes it up or not, Urban Tycoon could not have any sales, especially because of the bad rep it gained on v1.0.
10-21-2008, 07:55 AM
I think the developer is in hiding. He seemed somewhat active on this forum before the release of his game, hyping it up and his "free" handout which was actually a contest. Since the release, I don't think we've heard a peep....Never a good sign....
10-21-2008, 08:25 AM
Lol, maybe he's just working hard on the next release XD I think he wouldn't have released 1.1 if there were bad reviews...i think 2.0 should be 1.0, and all the released versions should be 0.x. It feels like were beta testers.
10-21-2008, 09:02 AM
Quote:
Lol, maybe he's just working hard on the next release XD I think he wouldn't have released 1.1 if there were bad reviews...i think 2.0 should be 1.0, and all the released versions should be 0.x. It feels like were beta testers.
It sucks just like before. No goals or anything.
10-21-2008, 10:03 AM
Quote:
perhaps this is the app to break the 9.99 barrier
I think that would be a very strange move on EA's part. Sim City doesn't exactly have a super premium price as a computer game now. But maybe since it'll be a "pioneer" game, so to speak, I can definitely see it going over $9.99. I don't expect it to stay there though.