★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: hare
  • Genre: Adventure
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 6.8 MB
  • Version: 1.0
  • Price: $1.99
  • Average User Rating: 4 (1)
App description: In the Poker Kingdom, the Pboy encountered poker Devil.
Just go fighting for your survival, just getting across the mountain for your limit of life accompanying with your nobby fell down. Are you the eternal king?
Characteristics: micromanagement , consciousness, pleasure

rang's comments:

Hi guys

With 2 control keys, this game should be simplicity of operation but very funny.
The objective of this game is simple control the pboy to escape from the

poker's shooting,do your best to live as long as possible.
Any mistake will result in instant death .
When your score less than 200,you may think of that the game is not particularly
attracted to you,but its charm in the rear
When you played to more than 400 points,
you'll quickly become addicted!
So
paly up to 200 and then told me that
it's great,or soso
There is no maximum score, only the higher

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/super-pboy/id390560464?mt=8
09-16-2010, 11:19 AM
Looks decent. Anyone TOFTT?

Upcoming Games: CJS2, Racing Apex, High Strangeness, Dino Run, Super Feed Me, Mimeo and the Kleptopus King, Loot, Run Run Dash, Pogo Rampage, Burrito Bison, Star Saver, Pocket Cars, Rock Rider, THEM, Prince of Europa, Epic Dive, One Tap Hero

09-16-2010, 11:34 AM
Score 480 NO.1
I love!
09-16-2010, 12:15 PM
Junior Member [Original Poster]
hi jack,thanks~
09-16-2010, 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doodlejumper View Post
Looks decent. Anyone TOFTT?
It's playable.

Actually, the gameplay is fine - the giant ghostly club ball figure in the sky throws cards at you, and pokerboy at the bottom has to dodge them. Seems that you get one point per card. Pokerboy can wrap around the edges of the screen. Almost Game & Watch-like. (Helmet) There are some very nice touches like how pokerboy gets sliced appropriately when hit by a card and is depicted in gold/silver/bronze when you achieve a local high score.

My suggestions:

1) Expand/fix the music loop - it's very short, which isn't so bad, but the transition when the loop restarts should be seemless.

2) There's a cute animated intro but no story. Why was pokerboy's progress impeeded by the giant ghostly version of himself? Why is the game over screen an Ace of Spades when pokerboy is a club? Where is Pokerboy trying to go? Is pokerboy battling some sort of inner demon, perhaps running from a gambling problem?

3) Expand the touch areas - since this is just left/right, there's no reason why you couldn't use even the two halves of the screen for movement and get rid of the arrows completely.

4) It could be I haven't played enough to see it yet, but it would be nice to have some sort of variation in attack - like larger cards, two cards at a time in a pattern, etc.

There's me in 6th place with 330 points...

EDIT: Now that I see the iTunes description, there is some background - this just isn't represented well in the game. (Nor does it make a whole lot of sense...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!

Last edited by drelbs; 09-16-2010 at 02:59 PM.
09-16-2010, 02:59 PM
nvm sorry
09-16-2010, 04:13 PM
thank you drelbs ,very good suggestions, its great help to us,
we will collect some more recommendations, and upgrade the game Some time in the future ^_^。。
09-17-2010, 05:06 AM
Video Games

Video Games
on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97lkzzU1_cQ
09-17-2010, 09:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drelbs View Post
It's playable.

Actually, the gameplay is fine - the giant ghostly club ball figure in the sky throws cards at you, and pokerboy at the bottom has to dodge them. Seems that you get one point per card. Pokerboy can wrap around the edges of the screen. Almost Game & Watch-like. (Helmet) There are some very nice touches like how pokerboy gets sliced appropriately when hit by a card and is depicted in gold/silver/bronze when you achieve a local high score.

My suggestions:

1) Expand/fix the music loop - it's very short, which isn't so bad, but the transition when the loop restarts should be seemless.

2) There's a cute animated intro but no story. Why was pokerboy's progress impeeded by the giant ghostly version of himself? Why is the game over screen an Ace of Spades when pokerboy is a club? Where is Pokerboy trying to go? Is pokerboy battling some sort of inner demon, perhaps running from a gambling problem?

3) Expand the touch areas - since this is just left/right, there's no reason why you couldn't use even the two halves of the screen for movement and get rid of the arrows completely.

4) It could be I haven't played enough to see it yet, but it would be nice to have some sort of variation in attack - like larger cards, two cards at a time in a pattern, etc.

There's me in 6th place with 330 points...

EDIT: Now that I see the iTunes description, there is some background - this just isn't represented well in the game. (Nor does it make a whole lot of sense...)
I think the poker shooting should not be changed too much, cause if up to high score, i would be disrupted by the rhythm.
it will make the environment richer if there are props or some thing like taht,better in other pattern
09-17-2010, 10:04 AM
Embedded:

Youtube link | Pop Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!