★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Ride your dirt bike with this amazing motocross racing simulator.
Make tricks and wheelies to earn extra-credits to unlock bikes and tracks!
Feel the realism of the full 3d OUTDOOR environments with 5 long tracks and 12 bike models coming with different power,grip and brake settings.
Enter the game right from the beginning with the stunning 3d menu replicating the real scene of a race backstage.

Stay tuned. Online multiplayer coming soon!

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

09-16-2010, 03:33 PM
Looks good.

Is it just me, or does the guy never turn his handlebars/front wheel at all?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!

09-16-2010, 03:39 PM
says "online multiplayer coming soon" I may have to get this, waiting for some impressions.

Now Playing: iStunt 2, Monster Trouble, Zombie Runaway, Stylish Sprint, Grim Joggers, Holy Moly Dragons, Fight Night Champion, NBA Jam, Rat On a Skateboard, Puzzle Quest 2, Jungool, Super Stick Golf, Smoody, Gravity Guy.
09-16-2010, 03:49 PM
This looks quite interesting, although from the video the tracks are too narrow for the bike (the actual track/path area) with the bike constantly leaving the track onto the grass/snow/etc. and in a few places the video cuts out just before he crashes from failing to make a turn because he's going too fast (at least that's how it looks to me). All the way through the video the bike is continually leaving the track area because its turning circle is too wide for the track's tight curves. That looks like a broken combination of vehicle handling and track design to me.

I like the idea of a motocross style game, but I don't know whether I want to risk buying this and just being disappointed because it's their Monster Truck game engine with a bike graphic instead of a monster truck graphic. It's actually quite hard to tell (from that video) how the virtual bike handles, although the turning looks potentially very frustrating. I've ridden offroad bikes for real and you don't corner in great big sweeping arcs like in that video. Motocross is not about constant flat out speed and wide turning circles, it's about short bursts of speed, lightning acceleration out of corners and late braking. And a billion other things, but those basic concepts are important, otherwise you end up with something like this - NASCAR racing with offroad graphics.

Apart from that, the 3D menu area is lifted straight out of Dirt 2.

If anyone has bought this and can dismiss all my observations as redundant (with some evidence), please do because I'd like to play something like this if it plays the way it should rather than how it looks in that video.
09-16-2010, 04:14 PM
Hardcore Dirt Bike

Hi, guys!
the game is online
Itunes link:http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/hardcore-dirt-bike/id391151905?mt=8

Movie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj_YHF9v1OY

[IMG]ttp://www.xlabtech.com/hdb_ss3.png[/IMG]

09-16-2010, 04:46 PM
I haven't done a TOFTT in a long long time. I might do it for this one, though. I would LOVE a good dirt bike or motorcycle game. I haven't been all that impressed with anything I've tried so far.
09-16-2010, 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotYou View Post
I haven't done a TOFTT in a long long time. I might do it for this one, though. I would LOVE a good dirt bike or motorcycle game. I haven't been all that impressed with anything I've tried so far.
DO IT

Seriously, this game looks interesting. Some impressions would be great!

Currently Enjoying: BUG HEROES 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post
Ninny speaks the truth.
09-16-2010, 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjackid View Post
DO IT

Seriously, this game looks interesting. Some impressions would be great!
It's downloading now. I'll post some first impressions when I can.
09-17-2010, 09:02 AM
No impressions yet? Probably not a good sign...

Tug Boat Minister of Propaganda
Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!
09-17-2010, 09:25 AM
It isn't bad. My two complaints are one when a bike passes you it isn't smooth. In other words if you are looking at the bike in front of you the bike movements of the others aren't smooth. They jitter as though they are having framerate issues even though the game and your own bike run smooth. My second issue as stated above is the steering. You do go off track a lot because of large sweeping turns. It doesn't turn naturally it's more like a soft lean. For the track your on this certainly should be changed. I will say with an update to correct these issues it will be a good game. It's very playable now even with steering issues. Again not bad just need to be more sensitive in the steering. Jumping is really fun and there seems to be a shock button to get additional air. Hope this helps.

Last edited by bckrupps; 09-17-2010 at 09:29 AM.