★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Attraxxion - The Physics Game of Planetary Proportions

How GREAT is this deal?
* A matinee viewing of a newly released film = 90 minutes of fun for $9.00 (no snacks).
* A soft drink from a vending machine = 12 minutes of satisfaction for $1.75.
* The latest edition of your local newspaper = 1 hour of frustration for $2.00.
* Attraxxion dishes out hours and hours of FUN, SATISFACTION, and FRUSTRATION all for less than $1.00!

"Attraxxion will keep you busy for hours with its complex and intricate puzzles..."
-- Rated 4/5 stars by AppSpy.com

"...a nice looking game that is extremely original."
-- Rated 4/5 starts by 148apps.com

"...a thinking man's Angry Birds..."
-- iTunes reviewer Coop martin

* Solve puzzles by shooting iron, gas, ice, and rock into orbit around, or at, planets and stars!

* Fight unique bosses with extreme prejudice!

* Game Center integration, including leader boards and achievements!

* Track statistics, such how many pesky innocents you happen to "re-locate"

Attraxxion is an action / puzzle game about planetary construction and destruction. You have been sent into space by an ancient alien race to prepare the solar systems you pass through for their arrival. To do this, you must fire iron, gas, ice, and rock into orbit or at planets in order to fulfill your mission parameters.

The game requires you to solve these puzzles by using, and fighting, gravity. You'll encounter obstacles like badly placed planets, black holes, and hostile aliens. And you don't have all day to plot your moves and do the necessary gravitational math. Accuracy must be combined with quick thinking!

Also, don't let a pesky inhabited planet get in your way. Just because they are screaming at you doesn't mean they don't understand you.

goiMot's comments:

09-16-2010, 07:40 PM
This has potential. Thinking about it.

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko

09-16-2010, 08:04 PM
Send a message via AIM to jwei44
I got the game

Basically, you shoot and you try to get into orbit. Remember Osmos? It's similar to that. But you shoot in this one. There's limited shots, combining shots, making new planets. Well worth .99$ in my opinon. But the only problem is how slow it is at loading. Sometimes it seems like it will crash. It takes 10 seconds to register a tap on continue.
09-16-2010, 10:25 PM
Giving it a shot... so to speak.
09-17-2010, 02:24 PM
Terraforming fun !

The video is great, and gives a much better idea of the game play. I wasn't sure about this one, but I'm definitely getting it today, and I look forward to the rest of the levels !

Very nicely done !!

I'm an app-oholic! And there's no 12-step program...
IAPs = I Ain't Purchasing, son !
09-17-2010, 06:04 PM
Thanks!

Hey guys, this is Dave Sanders from Runaway Creations, creators of Attraxxion. Thanks for the great feedback.

Couple things:

1. 1.1 fixed a bunch of performance issues on older devices. However, we got a report from someone today that they had to reboot the device to get things to pick up. I'm not sure why, but if you are having issues, please try that.

2. If speed doesn't pick up, or you are having crashes, PLEASE email us at contact@runawaycreations.com and give us info about your device. Right now we're trying to track down any other performance issues we can, and any leads are great.

3. We had a goof in the 1.1 release and the Chapter 1 levels did NOT get unlocked. We realized this about an hour ago and have already pushed a 1.2 update to Apple. Just waiting on their approval. (1.1 was approved in just a couple hours, so we're crossing our fingers.)

4. If you can, please review the game. We are a very small, micro-studio (there are 2 of us) and this is our first title. We were shocked to find this thread up already considering we've barely told anyone yet and are thrilled that people seem to like the game so far.

5. Follow us on twitter @littleblueguy!

Thanks again, contact us if you have any questions, suggestions or gripes.

Dave Sanders
Runaway Creations
http://www.runawaycreations.com
09-17-2010, 06:09 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓 [Original Poster]
Congrats on the release!
09-24-2010, 05:50 PM
Anyone else having trouble with this game ?

I get to the opening screen, and the progress bar runs up to about 90% of the way, and stops. The music plays, but nothing else happens.

I rebooted my iPod Touch, but it didn't seem to help much.

Any thoughts on what could be the problem ?

I'm an app-oholic! And there's no 12-step program...
IAPs = I Ain't Purchasing, son !
10-26-2010, 11:18 AM
Hey, John here from Runaway Creations. Just a quick note on version 1.3.1 of Attraxxion. Memory/resource management and performance were practically rewritten from the ground up with older devices in mind. On iPad, newer iPod Touch and iPhone 3GS/4 it screams like a champ. On older generation devices (even 1st gen iPhone) it runs pretty well, too. If you haven't yet, I suggest updating and enjoy!
12-20-2010, 02:14 PM
Attraxxion 1.5 Released!

Greetings!

We've just released a new version of Attraxxion, now with...
* New levels and challenges
* Game Center support
* New scoring system
* A snazzy new icon!

You can find out more about the game here: http://www.runawaycreations.com/Attraxxion

And here are some promo codes to share (exclusive to the TouchArcade Forum):
EHLPK96JLPFX
AX3FAPEJ9H4W
7WXFYA3NK9A6
WT67P4EFENN7
TEMF3APAXKHA

Be kind and let people know which code you've grabbed. Also, if you do play it, post a review.

We're also running a FB Giveaway. By entering the contest, you'll be eligible to win a free copy of the game AND a $50 iTunes credit.
http://facebook.com/rcgames

Thanks,
Dave and John
RunawayCreations.com