App description: ** WINNER OF BEST NORDIC HANDHELD GAME AWARD AT NORDIC GAME AWARDS **

Axe in Face - Defense of the Daffodils. Now free to download, own and play :)

Even though Red Beard loves gardening more than he loves pillaging, his obsession with flowers can turn him into a vicious killing machine. Not only does he know how to handle a watering can, he can also throw an axe like no other Viking in the village.

Game Features:
* Behead thousands of enemies hurling a deadly and ultra-sharp axe
* Beautifully animated cartoon graphics (with blood, of course)
* Easy to learn, line-drawing gameplay
* 32 increasingly difficult levels
* (NEW) Survival Mode. Play as long as you can keep your enemies at distance
* 16 awesome trophies to get your bloody hands on
* Use godly powers to FREEZE and ZAP your enemies to keep them out of the flowerbed
* (NEW) Summon a giant Axe to deal with the more robust intruders
* (NEW) Strike the Golden Mole as fast as you can to earn maximum points
* Game Center Integration

PRESS REVIEWS

App of the Day
- Gizmodo

Axe In Face is a hidden gem that will easily become your new favorite iPhone game. It's a strategy, puzzle, tower defense, and line drawing game. If that doesn't sound awesome to you, you are crazy sir!
10/10 - Review Strong

Axe in Face is simple, uncomplicated fun that combines line-drawing and castle defense gameplay in a clever way that makes this an easy game to recommend to all casual gamers that don't mind a bit of cartoon violence.
4/5 - AppSpy

Axe In Face is full of cartoony violence and goofy charm, and we couldn't help but smile while we played it.
3/4 - Slide to Play

Axe in Face is stupid fun at its best, and for that I give it kudos.
4.5/5- GamePro

5/5 - iPhoneguide.dk

doodlejumper's comments:

Looks great, right?
09-17-2010, 12:46 PM
Quote:
Looks great, right?
Yes and it's a funny little game and it deserves more notice!

Gameplay video
Youtube link | Pop Up

09-18-2010, 11:47 AM
Hi guys

I'm the developer of Axe in Face.

Thanks for the kind words. I'm currently struggling to get the word out about Axe in Face. So it is always nice to find threads like this

I've got some feedback that my screens on the App Store seems dull and does not capture the essence of the game. I've reworked the screens now and are hoping for more downloads.

Actually I've already got two great reviews, and I hope more is coming

The two reviews can be found here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3U3FwRZLHak
http://www.reviewstrong.com/2010/09/...ce-review.html

Thanks for the support

Glen, Blue Carrot Games
09-18-2010, 11:54 AM
Looks pretty good.

Wishlist: League of Evil, The Blocks Cometh
Giftanapp: a haven of gifting for all who love apps
09-18-2010, 12:40 PM
Looks very good! Are there any global leaderboards? If not are there plans to add?
09-18-2010, 01:32 PM
Well, since no one else decided to pick this up, I took the offensive. Unfortunately all that I've come to see from this game is crashing when trying to start level 1. I'll continue to try to play the game and edit this post when I succeed in doing so.

Upcoming Games: CJS2, Racing Apex, High Strangeness, Dino Run, Super Feed Me, Mimeo and the Kleptopus King, Loot, Run Run Dash, Pogo Rampage, Burrito Bison, Star Saver, Pocket Cars, Rock Rider, THEM, Prince of Europa, Epic Dive, One Tap Hero
09-18-2010, 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lingmongjai View Post
Looks very good! Are there any global leaderboards? If not are there plans to add?
Thanks for your question, lingmongjai.

Unfortunately there are currently no support for global leaderboards. However, there will definitely be support for Game Center in an update in near future. This is going to require some rework of the score system in the game. At the moment the highscore is likely to be the same for multiple players This does not mean that it isn't worth playing the game right now, as it requires lots of practice to master the axe and build up combos. The game already has build-in offline Trophies, that are going to be linked to Game Center in a later update. Maybe I should consider renaming Trophies to Achievements
09-18-2010, 01:56 PM
What about the crashing doodlejumper is experiencing?

Wishlist: League of Evil, The Blocks Cometh
Giftanapp: a haven of gifting for all who love apps
09-18-2010, 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueCarrotGames View Post
Thanks for your question, lingmongjai.

Unfortunately there are currently no support for global leaderboards. However, there will definitely be support for Game Center in an update in near future. This is going to require some rework of the score system in the game. At the moment the highscore is likely to be the same for multiple players This does not mean that it isn't worth playing the game right now, as it requires lots of practice to master the axe and build up combos. The game already has build-in offline Trophies, that are going to be linked to Game Center in a later update. Maybe I should consider renaming Trophies to Achievements
Thank you for the quick response ! i will definitely consider picking this game up, maybe tonight. =) Keep up the good work!
09-18-2010, 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doodlejumper View Post
Well, since no one else decided to pick this up, I took the offensive. Unfortunately all that I've come to see from this game is crashing when trying to start level 1. I'll continue to try to play the game and edit this post when I succeed in doing so.
I'm sorry to hear that, doodlejumper. I've just released an update (1.0.1) dealing with the issue of the game crashing on some devices. Are you playing on an iPhone 3GS?
Closing all other applications in the task bar often helps. Otherwise, try to restart the iPhone.

Please let me know if this does not help, and I will look into it right away.

EDIT: I'm new to this forum, I've just discovered that your device is described just bellow your name. Try restarting the device then.

Last edited by BlueCarrotGames; 09-18-2010 at 02:10 PM.