★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Konami's "Jubeat Plus" - touch-screen evolution of the bemani arcade games

09-17-2010, 08:14 AM
Konami's "Jubeat Plus" - touch-screen evolution of the bemani arcade games

Quote:
http://www.siliconera.com/2010/09/17...one-this-fall/

Youtube link | Pop Up

^ Arcade version of Jubeat

Konami’s touch screen Bemani game is leaving the arcades and going straight to the iPhone app store. Jubeat plus is in the works, which uses turns the iPhone’s screen into animated buttons. You tap these in a set order, sometimes in snaking patterns, to the beat.

Konami brought Jubeat to North America under the name uBeat. Cabinets in the states even had a few Western songs like “Take on Me” from ‘80s band A’ha. No word if Konami plans to give Jubeat or uBeat another shot in the States with the iPhone version.

Jubeat plus is scheduled to come out this fall.
Unlike all those dire music games of late, where music is done through dogged replication of actual instruments, Jubeat follows the conceptual music game path in the vein of DDR, Parappa, Ouendan and Rhythm Tengoku.

Oh, and like other bemani arcade games it gets 'mental' in the higher difficulties. Even fighter pilots would find it hard to keep up with this, it tests your reflexes and dexterity that much.

Last edited by GDSage; 09-17-2010 at 08:24 AM.
09-17-2010, 08:17 AM
OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!! This made me insanely happy!!!!! OMG!

"I have nothing to say, and I'm saying it" - John Cage
Plus+ ID= Maythius

Game Center: Maythius

09-17-2010, 08:27 AM
Whoa. That looks insanely difficult. Wonder if they plan to do an iPad version too.
09-17-2010, 02:47 PM
Wow, finally a rhythm game that is meant to work with the touch screen! If this is possible, then I would really be happy to see a dj technika game (though different developer)

TA's resident ios rhythm game player
Former #1 Rhythm Control 2 Player (#2 now)
Unofficial #1 Gears Player (ignoring hackers)
Check out my Rhythm Game thread
09-17-2010, 03:12 PM
Wow, the guy playing is a phenom. This looks made for iPad.

Invaders Must Die.
09-17-2010, 05:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coconutbowling View Post
Wow, finally a rhythm game that is meant to work with the touch screen! If this is possible, then I would really be happy to see a dj technika game (though different developer)
DJ Max Technika titles have already been announced for the DS and the iphone by Pentavision a few months back

Plus+ ID= Maythius

09-17-2010, 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maythius View Post
DJ Max Technika titles have already been announced for the DS and the iphone by Pentavision a few months back
Wasn't aware of that. That's awesome news. I hope Jubeat and technika don't disappoint.

09-17-2010, 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coconutbowling View Post
Wasn't aware of that. That's awesome news. I hope Jubeat and technika don't disappoint.
Sorry for being off topic, but do you play DJ Max Trilogy? If so we should play sometime, my DJ Name is Maythius.

Back on topic: Konami better bring this to the US!

Plus+ ID= Maythius

09-17-2010, 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maythius View Post
Sorry for being off topic, but do you play DJ Max Trilogy? If so we should play sometime, my DJ Name is Maythius.

Back on topic: Konami better bring this to the US!
No, I don't

09-17-2010, 10:18 PM
DJ Max and JuBeat? Thank God, some japanese rythmn games, for variety. I even have a JuBeat DVD. It will probably play better on the iPad, though, since JuBeat is more of a full-hands game.

I hope DJ Max is not a toned-down version. The aesthetics and overall content (which there is a lot of) in that game is gorgeous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
It is really expensive when you take into account that I spend over 40 a month on games for my iPhone. Get a clue.

Last edited by Beto_Machado; 09-17-2010 at 10:23 PM.