Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 09-17-2010, 03:56 PM
iPad

Default The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition, for iPad - By LucasArts

iPad Screenshots:
(click to enlarge)

Quote:
The Secret of Monkey Islandô: Special Edition comes to iPad! Now with direct control and voice over for both the Special Edition and Classic modes!

Pirates! Adventure! Monkeys! Relive the hilarious swashbuckling misadventures of the wannabe pirate Guybrush Threepwood as he attempts to become the most infamous pirate in the Caribbean!

FEATURING:
o High-definition graphics: All new re-imagined contemporary art style, hand-drawn and presented in high definition.

o Voice over: Complete voice over using original Monkey Island franchise cast members brings the story and characters to life like never before, now available for both the Special Edition and Classic modes.

o Renewed music score: Re-mastered and re-recorded musical score using live instruments.

o Special Edition and Classic modes: Scene-for-scene hot swap lets you seamlessly transition between Special Edition and Classic modes at anytime during gameplay.

o Hint system: In-game puzzle hint system keeps the puzzles fresh and fun.

PLUS, NOW INCLUDES:
o Direct control: Choose how you play -- use the classic point-and-click interface or the all new intuitive direct character control for a more interactive gameplay experience.

Lite : http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-secret-monkey-island-special/id390453748?mt=8
Old 09-17-2010, 05:28 PM
Banned
iPhone 3GS, OS 4.x

Nice to see the iPad getting some Monkey Island love. However, is the iphone version going to receive an updated control scheme as well? I doubt it but you never know.
Old 09-17-2010, 05:30 PM
iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.x

Arrggh.... Probably worth it just for the updated control scheme - almost impossible to play with the old controls - for some reason especially hard on the iPad...

Well, now I can play MI1 or 2, on whatever device I happen to have on me...

On a side note - the iPad game is about 1/2 the size of the iPhone game 355 Mb for the iPhone and 186 Mb for the iPad game - I wonder what got compressed... hopefully there is not a lot of missing / or substantially compressed music / voices...

Last edited by pluto6; 09-17-2010 at 05:34 PM..
Old 09-17-2010, 05:47 PM
Banned
iPhone 3GS, OS 4.x

The file itself is just compressed, this of it was a RAR file. When it unpacks the actual size of the game is larger. This is to bring faster downloads through the itunes store.

Monkey Island 2 was recently updated for the iphone to include retina display and of course add the old intro and credits into the game. I noticed a lot more space being used when I transferred the new update. The ipad version contains the director's commentary so I wouldn't worry about the reduced file size, its just compression before unpacking.
Old 09-17-2010, 06:30 PM

Will the iPhone version ever get updated controls too? It really sucks at the moment.
Old 09-17-2010, 10:57 PM
iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.x

Can't believe I'm actually triple dipping the same game...
Old 09-17-2010, 11:03 PM
iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaker View Post
Can't believe I'm actually triple dipping the same game...
What can you do? I have it on at least 3 platforms - I think PS, PC, iPhone, and now iPad - but it is such a classic - the music is great, the expressions are priceless - but yeah.... If is comes out for the 3DS that is where I am drawing the line....
Old 09-17-2010, 11:09 PM
iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by pluto6 View Post
What can you do? I have it on at least 3 platforms - I think PS, PC, iPhone, and now iPad - but it is such a classic - the music is great, the expressions are priceless - but yeah.... If is comes out for the 3DS that is where I am drawing the line....
Haha, yeah, I have it on PC, iPhone and now iPad... 3DS you say? I um, will do my best not to get it again...
Old 09-17-2010, 11:36 PM
iPad mini

Ugh, I just triple dipped on this game (Xbox 360, iPhone, iPad) and never even played more than 30 minutes of it...I think I might have a problem
Old 09-18-2010, 03:08 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

is the price fixed? if yes I'll wait.. I am afraid because I'm the same as above poster^