★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

People Bucket

09-17-2010, 06:36 PM
People Bucket

Quote:
People Bucket – Games like No, Human have proven that you can take a simple physics gameplay mechanic and turn it in to an incredibly elegant game. I'm not sure if that's going to be the case with People Bucket or not, but the trailer has definitely piqued my interest.

Popular flash game being ported soon to the iPhone. News came first straight from the touchArcade homepage.

Youtube link | Pop Up

Upcoming Games: CJS2, Racing Apex, High Strangeness, Dino Run, Super Feed Me, Mimeo and the Kleptopus King, Loot, Run Run Dash, Pogo Rampage, Burrito Bison, Star Saver, Pocket Cars, Rock Rider, THEM, Prince of Europa, Epic Dive, One Tap Hero

Last edited by ImNoSuperMan; 09-22-2010 at 08:00 AM. Reason: fixed video
09-17-2010, 08:14 PM
Send a message via AIM to RttaM Send a message via Yahoo to RttaM
This looks fun!

09-18-2010, 11:30 AM
Oh hey, thanks for the post! I'm the developer behind People Bucket. I was planning on doing one of these in the near future but hadn't got around to it yet, so much appreciation.

The game will be entering testing in the next few weeks, with a likely November release date following that. If you'd like to help test, feel free to send me a PM with a few details about your device — there's still a fair amount of slots I'd like to fill.

Other than that, I'm glad you guys liked the trailer! I'll be releasing some more videos or screens this weekend, so I'll follow up in this thread when that happens. Until then, if you're super interested you can follow the Twitter account I set up for the game at @peoplebucket.

Once again, thanks so much for posting. I'll catch up with everyone soon.

P.S. The video link looks malformed for me. Not sure if you could possibly fix it in the OP? Might be my browser, though. Here's the original link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSeCFs8Cvlo

Last edited by sevenflow; 09-18-2010 at 11:37 AM.
09-18-2010, 03:23 PM
This looks pretty interesting. May take a look at it when it comes out. Do you plan to support it in future updates?

Favorite: Doodle Jump, Angry Birds, Fruit Ninja, Battle Bears, Hook Champ, Incident, Minigore, Helsing's Fire, Monster Dash, Tilt to Live, PvZ, Super Mega Worm, Age of Zombies, Wispin, Cut the Rope & Rogue Runner
09-18-2010, 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QBC View Post
This looks pretty interesting. May take a look at it when it comes out. Do you plan to support it in future updates?
Yep, 70-ish levels across 7 episodes to start. Subsequent updates will include around 10-15 levels a piece. Creating the levels is really quite fun, which will be reflected by very generous updates.

I'll also be watching people's reactions to the game and periodically including other gameplay modes to keep things interesting.
09-18-2010, 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenflow View Post
Yep, 70-ish levels across 7 episodes to start. Subsequent updates will include around 10-15 levels a piece. Creating the levels is really quite fun, which will be reflected by very generous updates.

I'll also be watching people's reactions to the game and periodically including other gameplay modes to keep things interesting.
Wow that sounds fantastic! I always love games that update their game. It's what keeps it on my front page.

Also do plan to support Game Center or something like it (Openfeint, ect.)?

Favorite: Doodle Jump, Angry Birds, Fruit Ninja, Battle Bears, Hook Champ, Incident, Minigore, Helsing's Fire, Monster Dash, Tilt to Live, PvZ, Super Mega Worm, Age of Zombies, Wispin, Cut the Rope & Rogue Runner
09-18-2010, 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QBC View Post
Wow that sounds fantastic! I always love games that update their game. It's what keeps it on my front page.

Also do plan to support Game Center or something like it (Openfeint, ect.)?
Totally. I'm still gauging the available options to see which one will be the best fit for People Bucket, but you'll definitely see a leaderboard and achievement capacity in the game.
09-21-2010, 07:03 PM
Hey guys, sorry about the delay! Great things have happened in the past couple of days of People bucket development. The game is coming along swell and is definitely on track for release this November. I think you're all going to really enjoy this game.

Here's a tasty new video showing off one of the primary game mechanics. Hope you all enjoy!

Youtube link | Pop Up

P.S. The game actually runs 60FPS, so don't fret about the framerate in the video. It's just a bottleneck from the recording software.
09-21-2010, 07:37 PM
thanks for the new vid. love the look and really excited about this game
09-21-2010, 07:40 PM
Great stuff. The original game isn't bad but it was way to short. Can't wait for this.