★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Last days available for download!

On a planet at war, a new brigade of mechanical soldiers was created to fight the attacks from experimental and modified creatures commanded by the enemy forces. They are the last resort of a devastated civilization which struggles to avoid its own extinction. A brigade of giant destructors equipped with powerful weapons designed and devised for the purpose of annihilating the hordes of the enemy. Choose one of the three different Mechs depending on the type of mission and help win this war. Beginning by freeing the main communication facility at the capital city, the different missions will lead you through snow-capped mountains, an abandoned prison in the desert and more, up to the space. As your level rises up, you will be able to equip a higher number of armaments and your team will provide you with more powerful weapons.

- 3 Mechs with different features.
- 16 missions in different locations combining three playing modes.
- 11 powerful weapons: UZI, magnum, grenade launcher, sniper, machine gun, shotgun, flamethrower, rocket launcher, missile launcher, electric cannon and saw.
- Amazing 3D graphics depicting very different locations.
- Fling Mini compatible.

* Press Quotes *******************

"Id definitely recommend fans of the genre adding this to their collection of dual-stick shooters." - ifanzine.com

"DEATH COP - Mechanical Unit: uno shooter game 3 in 1." - iphoneitalia.com

"You wont find the wide variety of shooter gameplay in a single game elsewhere." - mobiletechreview.com

"The gameplay is great; the controls are great and action is non-stop..." - wirebot.com

"Death Cop is a unique game, providing a dual-stick shooter, vertical scrolling shooter and first-person shooting range experiences all in one package." - touchmyapps.com

"FreeAppReport.com Showcased App!"

goiMot's comments:

09-17-2010, 08:22 PM
You know I'm TOFTTing this sucker!

09-17-2010, 08:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
Beat me to the punch... let me know. I am tempted on this one.

Coordinator @ Fat Thunder
Fatthunder.com
facebook.com/fatthunder
twitter.com/fat_thunder
09-17-2010, 08:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
You are a saint among men. Now only if you'd TOFTT games I'm interested in....

Upcoming Games: CJS2, Racing Apex, High Strangeness, Dino Run, Super Feed Me, Mimeo and the Kleptopus King, Loot, Run Run Dash, Pogo Rampage, Burrito Bison, Star Saver, Pocket Cars, Rock Rider, THEM, Prince of Europa, Epic Dive, One Tap Hero
09-17-2010, 09:02 PM
This kinda looks like metalwar.
09-17-2010, 09:11 PM
Alright, here are some very early impressions. My fear with games like this one is that the developers have thrown everything into the creating their 3D graphics and skimped on the polish and gameplay. It's too early to tell about gameplay (I got killed while fighting the boss on the first mission), but I can already see a fair amount of polish on this one. When you start, the game "reads" your fingerprint to open up your profile -- it's a neat little detail that suggests that the developer has put some thought into the whole package.

As to the game itself, it's a mission-based, mecha-themed, dual-stick shooter with RPG elements. There are three unlocked mecha classes that can be leveled-up and equipped with a wide variety of (unlockable) weapons. tThe first mission involved destroying some enemy radars while fighting off aliens, gun-towers, etc. The map was fairly complex, with a destructible environment and unlockable gates. The graphics are decent but nothing spectacular; framerate on my iPhone 4 was good. My only complaint so far are the PSP-style camera control (touch either side of the screens to turn) -- I see not reason why they couldn't have used swipe-to-turn.

It's too early to tell whether the game will be a standout, but so far I'm not disappointed. It's a bit like Metal War, but with a bit of narrative and a clearer mission structure.
09-18-2010, 08:31 PM
The controls are ****ing bullshit. When u get to Mission 3, u have to use FPS controls and half the time doesnt even respond to ur movements. Did they even beat their own game? Stupid.
09-18-2010, 08:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caboose1408 View Post
The controls are ****ing bullshit. When u get to Mission 3, u have to use FPS controls and half the time doesnt even respond to ur movements. Did they even beat their own game? Stupid.
Had a dinner party today, so I haven't gotten to mission 3 yet. I'll report when I do.
09-19-2010, 07:50 AM
So, to translate from Caboose's gamer-rage-ese, the controls on mission 3 (which is an FPS turret level) are fidgety, which sometimes makes it difficult to maintain a steady aim. A few times I had to tap twice on the trigger to fire. I did beat the level on the first try, though, so it really isn't that bad. I am encouraged by the fact that there's such variety to the missions, even if it could use a bit of polish (especially with the camera controls).
10-10-2010, 07:00 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓 [Original Poster]
Price drop: $2.99→ 99c.

Version 1.0.1 is out:

What's new
- New controls for third person shooter mode selectable from the Options menu. Now you can choose the game controls that best suit your gaming: classic controls and automatic-camera controls.
- On-rails mode controls improved: more precise and easier.
- Some visual improvements.