★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: "New & Noteworthy & What's Hot" worldwide! Year End's Sale : 66% OFF! Get it now!!
AppSpy.com said, "Blue Hole looks absolutely amazing" | SlidetoPlay called it "wildly addictive high score game"
You will love how the nautical universe transforms the deeper the dive as the scenery and the deep sea creatures adjust to the depths. Crisp graphics and smooth animation that chugs along at a good frame rate make Blue Hole 3D a very enticing game to play.

Blue hole 3D is a well-produced, polished game with a good dose of non-stop action married with some good-looking power-ups for the submarines that can greatly enhance the gameplay while on a harried treasure-hunting, deep-diving descent.
(written by Kevin Agot, Associate Writer, Palm Addicts)

The constant falling reminds the falling sea levels of Metal Slug and Contra games, where you rely much more on panic reflexes to manage your falling rather than the rhythmic timing of Doodle Jump. This makes Blue Hole 3D stands out from the hordes of DJ clones. You will enjoy all the different obstacles and sub power-ups that make it feel like a fully fledged casual game.

More Reviews:
Combined with amazing graphics and constant thrills Blue Hole is a must have app for anyone who enjoys games and is looking for the next big game for the iPhone. (Written by Sara Bateman, APPMODO)

Fans of the endless score genre (made popular by Doodle Jump) will definitely like the consistent challenge presented by Blue Hole. Its a nice looking, fun game that will keep you playing for some time with the addition of unlockable ships. For the the same price as a burger on a dollar menu, this ones a no brainer. (Written by Chris Hall, 148Apps.com)

What keeps me playing is the flawlessness of the game design. The controls are pitch perfect; my twitching hand and submarine felt like a single unit on my iPhone 4. (Written by William Leary, Wirebot.com)

Main Features:
- Beautiful full 3D graphic designs and special effects
- Realistic representation of ocean environment that continuously changes as you reach deeper into the bottom of the trench
- Open up more submarines as you reach certain score thresholds
- Variety of deep sea creatures attacks the submarine with distinctive characeristics
- Special items including the turbo booster and the shield
- High quality background music and sound effects
- Clear over 30 missions to earn OpenFeint achievement rewards

***Runs perfectly on iPhone & iPod Touch devices including iPhone 3GS, 4 & iPod Touch 2G,3G,4G
*** For more information, visit us at http://www.majesticie.com

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

Lite : http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/blue-hole-3d-free/id397697213?mt=8
09-19-2010, 10:23 PM
Looks fantastic but it must require 4.0 since I can't pull it up on the iPad. Damn.

09-20-2010, 12:00 AM
Thank you for posting the thread!

The following message is from the developers of Blue Hole.

We really appreciate creating the thread for us. Thank you.
09-20-2010, 01:33 AM
No Game Centre?
09-20-2010, 01:38 AM
Originally Posted by BazookaTime View Post
Looks fantastic but it must require 4.0 since I can't pull it up on the iPad. Damn.
That's a pity, you know what? i'm gonna bite the big shark!
09-20-2010, 01:52 AM
Originally Posted by TotallyImba View Post
No Game Centre?
The following message is from the development team of Blue Hole.

OpenFeint 2.7i for iOS is released and it offers Game Center integration (they’ll work side by side!). This is great news!
Blue Hole will be updated for OpenFeint 2.7i immediately after the release to offer Game Center integration.
09-20-2010, 07:47 AM
Does that mean Game Centre is not available with this game right now?

Anyone played this yet?
09-20-2010, 08:25 AM
I had a chance to check out a test build of this that the dev sent me a couple of days ago. Unfortunately I was tied up with a variety of situations recently so I didn't get a chance to really try it until last night, so I might as well give my impressions here:

The gameplay here is pretty simple. You're continuously travelling downward in your modernized bathyscape heading down to the deepest point on Earth, Challenger Deep in the Marianas Trench. (Sort of prescient considering James Cameron is planning on having his own ship designed to do that very same thing in order to film bits for Avatar 2.) Along the way, and you have to collect coins (or pearls or whathaveyou) and powerups and such while avoiding a variety of marine life and other hazards.

In terms of gameplay is more or less like Doodle Jump and kin in reverse, with the exception of collecting coins and powerups and such, and there are is a wide variety of hazards and obstacles to clear, so where gameplay is concerned anyway it's much more varied. It's all accelerometer controlled, which is something I've never been a fan of. In some games it feels natural and right, with perfect sensitivity and excellent responsiveness that fits the pace of the game, but for me, this was not one of them. This is a fast-paced game that gets faster the further you go, and the accelerometer is simply not accurate enough to work for me here. Maybe it's my aging reflexes talking, but it just ended up being an exercise in frustration. You do have a temporary brake you can use by tapping the screen; its use is limited, but it can get you out of a jam if when you need it.

The obstacles you encounter are for the most part pretty static in that they appear in the same places every time. The only thing that changes from game to game is their positioning, for obstacles that roam back and forth across your path; their path timing is such that you won't encounter them in the same horizontal position each time, so this isn't simply a matter of memorizing a path, as you will still have to decide to go left or right depending on its position. They will still appear in the same vertical position however, so you can anticipate when they will be coming up, if not where they will be at that depth.

Besides that though the gameplay is pretty linear and straightfoward: Dive, collect, and avoid. You can upgrade your ship once you collect enough coins; there are 2 upgrades available, each offering better armor, speed and braking capabilities, so if you can make it down far enough to collect enough coins, you'll better your chances of making it further still. Once your ship takes enough of a pounding however, it's game over.

The graphics are very nice indeed, though it does not support the Retina display on the iPhone 4 or 4th gen Touch; I'm hoping this will be supported in the future. That said though the frame rate is smooth, and I encountered no performance issues.

It's a well-done game for what it is, there's no doubt about that; the graphics are exceptional and the sound is very well done too. The gameplay is pretty basic as far as these things go -- there's a little more to it than games like Doodle Jump, but at its core it's still pretty similar. (However, I did not like Doodle Jump either, so take that for what it's worth.) There are a few mechanics that add variety, but ultimately success in the game comes down primarily to memorizing the correct path (moving obstacles notwithstanding), so there's a great deal of trial and error, with each successive attempt generally resulting in getting you further as you remember what obstacles are approaching further down.

Two bucks worth of game? Sure it is, especially if you're the sort that likes games of distance and rote path memorization. It's beautiful to behold as well. In the end though the accelerometer controls turned me off to the point that no amount of eye candy can draw me back. Others may find them perfectly agreeable, but they simply didn't work for me. If a 2-way D-pad or analog slider and brake button were added I'd probably be more inclined to play further.

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko
09-20-2010, 08:41 AM
Adding d-pad and Retina Display Support

The following is the message from the development team of Blue Hole.

We will definitely consider adding 2-way D-pad or analog slider and brake button to accomodate those who does not like accelerometer controls.

Retina display support and game center supports are our top priority. We will update the features as quickly as possible. We should be able to give you the estimated deadline by sometime next week.

Mindfield, we really appreciate your feedback.
09-20-2010, 08:44 AM
Originally Posted by TotallyImba View Post
Does that mean Game Centre is not available with this game right now?

Anyone played this yet?
The following is the message from the development team of Blue Hole.

Game center is not available right now. The update is on the way. We will keep you posted with the schedule for Game Center support.