★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Zenonia upcoming RPG game by Gamevil

03-10-2009, 08:50 PM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Zenonia upcoming classic action RPG game by Gamevil

browsed around the gamevil forums. they got this RPG game called Zenonia and it looks a lot better than Path of a Warrior. I believe they made the game baseball superstars 09 for the iphone too. here is a link to a trailer of the game.

can't wait!

Youtube link | Pop Up

Quote:
Korean mobile publisher Gamevil has done extremely well with Baseball Superstars 2009, and it will soon brings its second game to the App Store: an action-RPG called Zenonia.

Zenonia has been wildly popular in the Korean mobile market, selling 600,000 copies so far, and we can see why. The game looks like a souped-up version of Legend of Zelda: A Link To the Past for the SNES, with more animation, brighter colors, and more complex gameplay.

You play from the same overhead perspective, using a virtual d-pad and buttons to move your character, mount attacks, and use skills. A double-tap in a direction executes a dash attack, and touching slots at the bottom of the screen pulls off special magical techniques.

But Zenonia also has the gameplay guts of a full RPG. You talk to townsfolk to get quests, which take you all over the map and earn you experience points. There are literally thousands of weapons and items to collect and a full Diablo-like skill tree.

Gamevil digs down all the way to the little details. For instance, if you're carrying too much stuff, you'll be unable to move quickly. The game has a 24-hour clock, day/night cycle, and realistic weather. This clearly isn't a casual offering; Gamevil claims that the full adventure clocks in at around 40 hours of gameplay. The company intends to add special micropayment-driven content like magic weapons when iPhone OS 3.0 rolls around, too.

The game was still in Korean when we played it, so we didn't get a real clear idea of the story, other than the fact that it revolves standard good vs. evil themes. The moral dichotomy that seems tio be all the rage in game design these days is present in Zenonia as well, so your character can turn towards the dark side if you make the wrong choices.

Zenonia should be out sometime in May. The pricepoint is still under discussion, but Gamevil is looking at $5.99 or above, which seems reasonable to us for a game of this scope. We'll have screens and video up later today.

Steve-STP

Last edited by EDUB; 04-22-2009 at 12:30 PM.
03-10-2009, 08:52 PM
It would be a great game, if only we could understand it.

03-10-2009, 08:53 PM
yeah, but hopefully they will translate it to english soon.
03-10-2009, 08:55 PM
Please lawd, may this game be translated correctly and it actually be a good adventure/RPG game.
03-10-2009, 08:55 PM
I'd get it just for the hot chicks they show at the beginning of each stage. But they neeeeeed to work on those sound effects. The main character sounds like he was yanked of of an '80s saturday morning cartoon.

And am I the only one that's bugged by how the epic picture in the title screen in no way resembles the game's graphics?
03-10-2009, 08:58 PM
I tried to get into the multiplayer for POW, but personally I like an rpg with a good story. hopefully they will deliver.
03-10-2009, 08:59 PM
Looks interesting, but the grunting may get a little annoying.

Web Designer & Developer since 1999.

Games I highly recommend: CozyQuest, Gemmed, Jabeh, Blue Defense, Blue Attack, geoDefense, Hospital Havoc
03-10-2009, 09:04 PM
Is it confirmed that it's coming for the iPhone? Those youtube comments read like it's for other mobile devices.
03-10-2009, 09:04 PM
I agree the grunting can get very annoying. But Gamevil has produced a great game in Baseball Superstars, so I'll check this out when it's available

Tweet me and follow me! http://twitter.com/AndyL19
Check my blog out-HERE for reviews.Want your app reviewed? Send requests to andyl19@live.com
03-10-2009, 09:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩 View Post
Please lawd, may this game be translated correctly and it actually be a good adventure/RPG game.
That would be a first

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamazar View Post
I'd get it just for the hot chicks they show at the beginning of each stage. But they neeeeeed to work on those sound effects. The main character sounds like he was yanked of of an '80s saturday morning cartoon.

And am I the only one that's bugged by how the epic picture in the title screen in no way resembles the game's graphics?
They never do. All the RPGs in the Appstore are like that. And it always bugs me too.

The special effects look very cool, the grunting...not cool after awhile I would think. We'll see what becomes of this title. I'd like a good RPG, but I want one that is modern...as in "looks cool"