★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: "a Forgotten Ghost" is an great platform game and the beginning of an original adventure !

Features:

- Easy to play !

- 6 very big level

- Labyrinth with Doors and levers

- Make your own path !

- Really scary ambience...

- Life and Death walking every where...

- Continuous mode...

- Option left or right-handed !

- Great 2D graphics !

- Cool animations !

- Great sounds !
09-19-2010, 10:40 PM
I am very tempted in getting this since i have a weakness for platform games but i rather wait until a few reviews first.

09-19-2010, 11:07 PM
I am also tempted to buy this but for the fluffy horror looks. I really love that.

TouchArcade Patreon - GameCenter: dyscoder -
09-20-2010, 09:43 AM
Game Impressions

Ok So I TOFFTed.

One thing that sold me was picture #4. The other thing is that Alain Fernandes and Laurent Cluzel are two game designers with a 30years background of active gaming design on their resumee.

And some very well know titles are among them. Check their homepages! http://www.2d-only.com/

So for the game itself, the Opening Into is really puts you into the mood to help this poor ghost to take its chance to finally have its sins forgiven and find peace.
So you know already how this game will end.

The controls are simple, reft right and jumping. You cannot move while jumping but you jump always in the direction yourre facing, not just straight up. This give is J&R an grid based and really old school feel.

You also can shoot your iron chainball but in the first level you just need to dodge the opponents and collect souls. Which already can put you in tough situations since you cannot shoot the evil souls running around
You can defeat the other `Reaper`-like enemy but then he turns into an evil soul which you cannot defeat.
This is some sort of a bummer for me.

You can move forth and back between sub levels.
The animation is nice but the graphics a a little bit `dense` for the iPod screen, like which makes it a little bit hard to spot things and to navigate .
Maybe on Retina this would look wonderful since some GFX, esp background and text seems to suffer from size reduction or something.
The sound is functional but nothing to get overly excited about until so far.
You have 3 lives and 1 continue but extra lives and regenerators are scattered around plentyful, for now.

I have not played too much into the game. For now I can say it looks like fine little game, even if the controls feel a little dated or retro, however you put it. But I have still to see the controls work out later in the game.

EDIT:

After playing it more this is not a fast paced J&R. One false jump will mean death. So better work on your timing!
Also the fact that you have to start ALL OVER when you die in later levels makes the game feel even more dated! With no savepoints in between in these 6 "very large" Levels. And "Continuous mode..." is nowhere to be seen.

I really dont mind if a game is hard, and that I am being tested to the max. What I despise is taking the same test I already finished over and over again to advance further into the game!

In the End, seeing where the game is coming from I expected a lot more innovation and more fascinating and hooking gameplay!!! This is a dusty flash from the past in its current state.

Last edited by dyscode; 09-20-2010 at 09:31 PM. Reason: ADD. INFO
09-20-2010, 10:05 AM
A very nice platform game but 1 huge problem that i noticed in the few minutes that i played this game is that that the jump button is in a realy awkward position above the left/right buttons had they placed it next to the fire button it would have been just fine now you have a problem every time you have to jump
09-20-2010, 10:16 AM
ok, a forgotten ghost: a step behind.
Come on, Pizza boy: u are the winner!

I love this world!
09-20-2010, 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack111 View Post
A very nice platform game but 1 huge problem that i noticed in the few minutes that i played this game is that that the jump button is in a realy awkward position above the left/right buttons had they placed it next to the fire button it would have been just fine now you have a problem every time you have to jump
indeed.

Why did I not poke on this. Being the the control scheme fanatic I am.
Mabe I am getting old or its just deep into the (small) ghost hours again.

Last edited by dyscode; 09-20-2010 at 10:39 AM.
09-20-2010, 10:31 AM
Gothic!!! Cheers for your thoughts dyscode!

Invaders Must Die.
09-20-2010, 12:47 PM
Interesting.
A lite version would be nice though.
09-20-2010, 11:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyscode View Post
Also the fact that you have to start ALL OVER when you die in later levels makes the game feel even more dated! With no savepoints in between in these 6 "very large" Levels. And "Continuous mode..." is nowhere to be seen.
This and the awkward control buttons are putting me off the game, much as I like platformers. Thanks for your impressions dyscode.