★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Zombies: City of the Dead by Rocket Pocket Games

09-20-2010, 08:10 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓 [Original Poster]
Zombies: City of the Dead by Rocket Pocket Games

I couldn't find a thread about it, looks interesting.

It's in unfinished state (the project is still only a few weeks into development). Rocking Pockets Games says that "is an RPG like GTA IV with quests. You’ll have your apartment as a home base, different shops to purchase items and weapons. You’ll have to explore and complete quests to get cash.”

No release date or ETA has been set.

09-20-2010, 08:55 AM
The concept of this appeals to me greatly, I'm a HUGE fan of zombie games, especially first person ones. My only concern though is the controls as for the game to succeed and not be frustrating, there'd need to be a good control method put in place. The game is barely coming to fruition yet, so I'll wait and see what the devs decided to put in the game. I'll be watching this one closely!

Top 3: Dead Rising, Infinity Blade, Dungeon Hunter 2,

GC: x Woodstock II

09-20-2010, 09:13 AM
that looks really cool
and i'm intrigued with the concept...if what you said is true?
GTA in Zombie-infected land as setting? that's insane!
i hope it'll have thrid-person mode and the city is free roam with cars to use and less human pedestrian and lots of zombies!
highschool of the dead!

WTF= What the F*ck!
FTW=F*ck the What?
09-20-2010, 10:29 AM
Nice Shotty sounds.

Invaders Must Die.
09-20-2010, 11:14 AM
Hi guys,

The game could go in a different direction at this point. Would you like a GTA style game, something similar to Left 4 Dead, or a linear story like Zombie Infection?

My original idea is that you would have an apartment and the main street would contain shops for guns, health, and other upgrades. As you venture away from the main street you can visit other locations with specific quests. You would get new quests from some key person on the main street.

Apps: Mech Pilot, Zombies HD, Zombies The Last Stand, iFishing (and all spinoffs), Puppet Jump, Pocket Farm, Dark Raider, Blue Skies, and more! (www.RockingPocketGames.com)
09-20-2010, 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPGGuy View Post
Hi guys,

The game could go in a different direction at this point. Would you like a GTA style game, something similar to Left 4 Dead, or a linear story like Zombie Infection?

My original idea is that you would have an apartment and the main street would contain shops for guns, health, and other upgrades. As you venture away from the main street you can visit other locations with specific quests. You would get new quests from some key person on the main street.
Something like left 4 dead or gta style game ofc.
09-20-2010, 11:54 AM
We need a good Left 4 Dead type game, I'm actually surprised Gameloft hasn't jumped on this already.

When to use A or An in a sentence.
Use A if the next word begins with a consonant sound.
Use An if the next word begins with a vowel sound.
**Game Center** Nekcik
09-20-2010, 11:59 AM
This sounds awesome.

Check out my band HEAVY JACK - SOME FREE MUSIC FOR DOWNLOAD

How can you live on the banks of a river when the floodwater pours from the mouth?
- Paul Simon
09-20-2010, 12:23 PM
This game looks great Ill be watching this one closely!

I am the punishment of GOD
if you had not committed great sins
GOD would not have sent
a punishment like me upon you Genghis Khan
09-20-2010, 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPGGuy View Post
Hi guys,

How about something more or less linear, but open and branching - like Deus Ex or Vampire Bloodlines?

Check out my band HEAVY JACK - SOME FREE MUSIC FOR DOWNLOAD

How can you live on the banks of a river when the floodwater pours from the mouth?
- Paul Simon