★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Stack the States

09-20-2010, 02:56 PM
Stack the States

I'd like to announce Stack the States, my latest educational game for the iPhone and iPad. Stack the States features colorful animated states, HD images of famous US landmarks and 4 dynamic games in 1.

It's currently featured in the New & Noteworthy section for Education and is #12 in the top paid Education apps.

See Stack the States in iTunes:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/stack-the-states/id381342267?mt=8

Description:
Stack the States makes learning about the 50 states fun! Watch the states actually come to life in this colorful and dynamic game! As you learn state capitals, shapes, geographic locations and more, you can actually touch, move and drop the animated states anywhere on the screen. Carefully build a stack of states that reaches the checkered line to win each level. You earn a random state for every successfully completed level. All of your states appear on your own personalized map of the United States.

Features:
- Hundreds of unique questions
- Choose any of the 50 friendly-looking states as your avatar
- Create up to six player profiles
- Track your progress on a personalized map
- High resolution pictures of famous US landmarks
- All games are powered by a realistic physics engine
- Fun sound effects and music
- Works on both iPhone and iPad - a universal app

Thanks!

Dan

09-20-2010, 11:36 PM
Nice idea, but your other games look so much better..
02-11-2011, 04:53 PM
my sons love playing this game, and at ages 8 and 6 there is plenty they do not knoe about the states, but they are learning fast. they are having so much fun that they don't realize they are learning about the states, just by seeing them over and over again. they really enjoy it!! how much did it cost you to create the app?
02-11-2011, 08:31 PM
tnt1966, I'm very glad your sons are enjoying Stack the States!

Good news, my latest app, Stack the Countries, will be coming out very soon. Keep a lookout for it. As you might expect, it's similar to Stack the States, but it focuses on the almost 200 countries of the world. I think you'll really like it too.

Thanks!

Dan
02-11-2011, 08:37 PM
Excellent news, Dan! Glad to hear it is coming out soon. We are definitely looking forward to Stack the Countries!
03-22-2011, 07:42 PM
I know this is an Apple site, but do you ever have plans to introduce Stack the States on the Android platform? I think it'd be a big hit!