★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Captain Carrot IP - New iPod Game

09-20-2010, 03:14 PM
Captain Carrot IP - New iPod Game

Hello Touch Arcade Readers,

Bret Nybo here, developer of a new iPod app just released called Captain Carrot IP. It is an arcade style game that includes a fun little twist on pinball. That's right ... it plays like pinball but has lots of bonuses, including tilt action and directional shooting. I've included a few screen grabs, a detailed description and a link below for you to check out:

Description
Plays like pinball … with a twist. Your mission is to navigate the captain through a myriad of levels and obstacles, at the same time competing with players all over the globe for high score. Using a combination of tilt action and directional shooting, you must ward off waves of killer ants, bees, T-Rex’s and more while the captain racks up points by running into rocks, trees, bumpers, bushes and other surprises along the way.

FEATURES:
- bushes, rocks, tires, bumpers and more surprises for the captain to strike while gaining points
- killer ants, bees, t-rex’s and more surprises for the captain to shoot
- shields, presents, smiley faces and carrots that translate into bonuses for the captain to use
- local and global leaderboard powered by agon
- submit score and notify friends via Facebook & Twitter

How to play:
Tilt to move the captain toward bumpers and bonuses while shooting enemies with directional carrot shooter

Click here to visit the official iTunes page.

I hope you enjoy the game. Check it out and lemme' know what you think!

Cheers -

Bret Nybo
New Art & Vision Games
09-20-2010, 03:38 PM
Gameplay video? This is also out for the iPad, correct?
09-20-2010, 03:47 PM
I'd change the name to avoid trademark infringement with DC Comics - especially if you are announcing this as a new " intellectual property". Just my two cents.
09-20-2010, 03:54 PM
Gameplay video will be out soon. Yes ... there is an HD version for iPad.

Thank you for your feedback on the name, geb.

Last edited by NewArtVision; 09-20-2010 at 03:55 PM. Reason: add a link
09-20-2010, 05:41 PM
i'd also worry about terry pratchett sueing seeing as he has had a captain carrot for the last few years too

Stop viewing Signatures
->editoptions->Scroll down to "Thread Display Options"->Uncheck "Show Signatures"->Scroll down, hit "Save Changes"
09-20-2010, 09:13 PM
I'm very glad I posted here. I am definitely going to work with iTunes and post a new name for the app. THANK YOU for your valuabe feedback. Once it's ready ... I'll repost an update here ... along with a link to the gameplay video. You guys are great!