App description: "Dink Smallwood is a perfect example of the refined basics of classic RPG and adventure gamesenjoy the hearty dose of something simple, silly, and special." - Jordan Thomas, Avault.com

"The main hook in this game has to be the sense of humor that permeates it... the difference is that this game is beautiful, gory, and has a wonderful (and twisted) sense of humor. - T. Byrl Baker, Computer Gaming World

It all began in a world where dragons roamed the land and knights fought with valor and honor.

And then there was Dink. Can a simple pig farmer thrust into an epic journey of magic and adventure save the world?

Dink Smallwood HD is the newly remixed version of the classic RPG brought to you by the original creators featuring:

Now includes full in-game DMOD support! 300+ user made quests/stories available

Supports the iCade controller

Supports the 60beat® GamePad (on iOS 4+)

Three add-ons included: Mystery Island, Agatha's Will, and Furball

The complete re-mastered original CD soundtrack

Speed up" button to fly through dialog and cutscenes at your own pace

Automatic full state save/restore whenever you quit/restart the game

Auto save and Quick save/load feature

Upgraded and optimized engine, Dink never looked or sounded better

Two control methods, directional pad and drag anywhere

Seth A Robinson's comments:

It all began in a world where dragons roamed the land and knights fought with valor and honor.

And then there was Dink. Can a simple pig farmer thrust into an epic journey of magic and adventure save the world?

Dink Smallwood HD is the newly remixed version of the classic RPG brought to you by the original creators.

Available now from the iTunes App Store as a universal binary on your iPhone, iPod Touch (all generations), iPhone 4, and iPad.

Featuring:

* Complete re-mastered original CD soundtrack
* Speed up" button to fly through dialog and cutscenes at your own pace
* Automatic full state save/restore whenever you quit/restart the game
* Quick save/load feature takes the frustration out of dying
* Comprehensive in-game add-on support with one click install and play
* Upgraded engine with a rewritten GL renderer and with antialiasing and other optimizations, Dink never looked or sounded better!
* Two control methods, directional pad and “drag anywhere”
* iOS 4 optimized
* Supports iPhone, iPhone 4/Retina, and iPad at native resolutions

If you have any comments/suggestions, lemmie know!
09-20-2010, 07:13 PM
Looks like a lot of fun. What are the controls like?

09-20-2010, 07:24 PM
I have no clue, but I like RPG oldschool type... so it's an instantbuy for me.
09-20-2010, 07:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pka4916 View Post
I have no clue, but I like RPG oldschool type... so it's an instantbuy for me.
Please post some impressions. I am mainly concerned about the controls.
09-20-2010, 07:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BazookaTime View Post
Looks like a lot of fun. What are the controls like?
Two options are available: A standardish virtual D-pad or "drag anywhere to make him walk in that angle" - I think they both work surprisingly well considering the game was originally designed for a keyboard/gamepad on PC.

Seth A. Robinson
www.rtsoft.com
09-20-2010, 07:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth A Robinson View Post
Two options are available: A standardish virtual D-pad or "drag anywhere to make him walk in that angle" - I think they both work surprisingly well considering the game was originally designed for a keyboard/gamepad on PC.
Sounds good, what about combat?
09-20-2010, 07:37 PM
Quote:
Sounds good, what about combat?
Combat is very simple - you can tap your magic button to fire off a magic spell in the direction your facing, or tap the attack button to swing/fire in the direction you are facing.

Hey, tell ya what, I'm going to PM you an unlock key so you can try it and let us know what you think - I'm very interested in any suggestions/critique!

Seth A. Robinson
www.rtsoft.com
09-20-2010, 07:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth A Robinson View Post
Combat is very simple - you can tap your magic button to fire off a magic spell in the direction your facing, or tap the attack button to swing/fire in the direction you are facing.

Hey, tell ya what, I'm going to PM you an unlock key so you can try it and let us know what you think - I'm very interested in any suggestions/critique!
Okay...sounds good.
09-20-2010, 07:59 PM
Well, if you have another code to spare...
09-20-2010, 08:02 PM
Quote:
Okay...sounds good.

Lucky you. I'm interested to know how you find it.

Even after watching the video, I'm not too sure how well I'll like the gameplay, and I'm curious about how smooth the controls are too (like where the D-pad appears on the iPad). Also, are battles turn-based?

Best App Site: FreeMyApps - Redeem paid apps for free on your iOS device!